Icon of The Seas - Empire Supper Club

Sev1020

The Empire Supper Club looks AMAZING. 

We sail on the Icon in July 2024 and have purchased the 3 night dining plan. The Empire Supper Club is not yet listed on our cruise planner. 

Hoping those sailing earlier then us can see more.

Is that restaurant an add on option to the dining plan? or has to be booked separately?

3 hours ago, Sev1020 said:

The Empire Supper Club looks AMAZING. 

We sail on the Icon in July 2024 and have purchased the 3 night dining plan. The Empire Supper Club is not yet listed on our cruise planner. 

Hoping those sailing earlier then us can see more.

Is that restaurant an add on option to the dining plan? or has to be booked separately?

Nobody really knows yet what will be included and excluded from the UDP/dining packages for Icon.  My personal guess (and that's all it is) is that the supper club will not be included in the UDP.  It sounds very much like Chef's Table to me.  My hunch is the same will be true for the virtual dining train car option, whatever it's called.  With the dining  packages becoming more and more restrictive, I do not see them including some of these more "involved" dining options.

We will be sailing Icon in Star Class in December 2024 and I am expecting some of these dining options to be an extra charge, should we decide to utilize them....and my first inclination will be to not pay extra for them.  The train car thing, in particular, seems like it will be a "one and done" kind of thing for most people.  I hope it's not another Wonderland blunder....but I haven't seen it yet so I will withhold final assessment. Hopefully I am completely wrong about all of it !!

13 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I'm almost sure I just read somewhere that it will be separate from the plan. An additional fee if you have the plan. I think most will agree it's going to cost extra. I'm curious as to just how much. LOL. But the add ons for our May trip next year are soooo high, it probably won't happen for us anyway.

It's in the description of the Unlimited Dining Package:

Empire Supper Club is included with an additional surcharge. Please check onboard for surcharge pricing.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Nobody really knows yet what will be included and excluded from the UDP/dining packages for Icon.  My personal guess (and that's all it is) is that the supper club will not be included in the UDP.  It sounds very much like Chef's Table to me.  My hunch is the same will be true for the virtual dining train car option, whatever it's called.  With the dining  packages becoming more and more restrictive, I do not see them including some of these more "involved" dining options.

We will be sailing Icon in Star Class in December 2024 and I am expecting some of these dining options to be an extra charge, should we decide to utilize them....and my first inclination will be to not pay extra for them.  The train car thing, in particular, seems like it will be a "one and done" kind of thing for most people.  I hope it's not another Wonderland blunder....but I haven't seen it yet so I will withhold final assessment. Hopefully I am completely wrong about all of it !!

One thing the train experience does have going for it over Wonderland is not needing to feature a weird and exotic ("imaginative cuisine") menu to keep on theme. If Royal feels a need to change it up, swapping out menus and destinations for a mass audience should be easier than updating Wonderland to something new. At least for the moment, the train does sound like a once and done, or seldomly done,  like the Chef's Table or any of the other dining experiences due to the fixed menu. The Empire Supper Club also falls into this category, though considering how often I'm anticipating on sailing Icon (or Utopia for that matter), and I expect it's about the same for the average cruiser, it's a rather moot point. 

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Scary said:

We will be on the Inaugural Sailing on January 27th but we are not seeing the ESC available for reservations yet... Does anyone know what the word is on it? Is it already sold out? Not going to be ready in time? Just not listed yet?  Thanks for any insight!

They are still working out the details.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/08/21/royal-caribbean-most-expensive-specialty-restaurant

Check back every few weeks.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:14 PM, twangster said:

They are still working out the details.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/08/21/royal-caribbean-most-expensive-specialty-restaurant

Check back every few weeks.

Thanks for sharing ing the link. Does sound like a full experience and while not cheap, that would cost a lot more on land

Wonder if you have the drink package if any discount skid this included the cocktails

Hoping to book this for my birthday when we are in the Feb 17ths sailing next year

3 hours ago, TheMaxRebo said:

Thanks for sharing ing the link. Does sound like a full experience and while not cheap, that would cost a lot more on land

Wonder if you have the drink package if any discount skid this included the cocktails

Hoping to book this for my birthday when we are in the Feb 17ths sailing next year

There's no discount on the Chef's Table, a Taste of Royal, or the sake and sushi paring with the DBP. I wouldn't expect one on the Empire Supper Club.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Sheri2 said:

I  just spoke with a RCCL Rep.  He was able to book Empire Supper Club for my May trip but when he said the cost was $200.00 per person, I declined.....

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!  I have been checking the cruise planner and the app for months every day for ESC.  Thanks to your post I called and booked the ESC for the maiden voyage.  It's still not on cruise planner or app.  You are correct, $200 pp incl. gratuity.

13 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

IMG_4248.thumb.png.8ef910138784c92d7d3633397bc3acb4.png

There is a good chance living in Texas I won't be back on an Icon class for a long time and wanted to experience Empire Supper Club.  In August Matt wrote, "The venue can only seat 38 people and there will be only one seating per night, which means this will be a hot ticket to get into given its low capacity."    Given pushing 3 nt and Unlimited people to post embarkation reservations I feared it would be totally booked.   

17 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The wording is unclear to me re: Star Class.  Are they diplomatically saying that SC will receive no discount at all for the Supper Club ?

to me the fine print reads: “if you have star class, you will pay the standard cover charge” 

which, it sounds like, is $200 😳😱

(…in STAR CLASS?!) 

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The wording is unclear to me re: Star Class.  Are they diplomatically saying that SC will receive no discount at all for the Supper Club ?

It's ridiculous, but it appears so... no discount for Star Class guests, only for folks with the UDP.  Star Class guests should at least get the UDP discounted price! 

We like the new concept, but that $200 cover price is a little crazy! It's more than twice the cost of Chef's Table!

I mentioned it to Christine tonight and she yelled, "no way!"... 😆

image.png.a737f6c15475d44838bdf76a95f8a9a8.png

I'm sorry to tag on, but is it just me? Are they still holding back on specialty dining restaurants for Icon?

Only 4 specialty restaurants listed in the Cruise Planner (Chops, Giovanni's, Izumi Sushi/Hibachi, and Hooked).

We know no Mason Jar, 150 Central Park, or Wonderland on Icon, but I can't imagine there will be fewer choices. 

... or are they just offering more casual (no reservation) choices similar to Playmakers, Portside BBQ, etc. 🤔

image.thumb.png.caeb90a455f71957b1726e93f6bfcbf3.png

Supper Club has shown up in CP for me now.  Does appear to be no discount for Star Class.  Also formal attire is required.  Should be a fun night, but I do think they are sticking it to Star Class, I thought it included UDP, so why not the same benefits as UDP?  Don't answer, I know the answer to all of my questions is "money"

image.png.4b1594d0508a2eb90cc0133f090028de.png

image.png.c84d5c331e0a122f01625cd5167631f7.png

5 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

It's ridiculous, but it appears so... no discount for Star Class guests, only for folks with the UDP.  Star Class guests should at least get the UDP discounted price! 

We like the new concept, but that $200 cover price is a little crazy! It's more than twice the cost of Chef's Table!

I mentioned it to Christine tonight and she yelled, "no way!"... 😆

image.png.a737f6c15475d44838bdf76a95f8a9a8.png

I think it sort of makes sense. If it is really that good. Star Class guests could fill the 38 seats easily. And if it would be included I guess there would be no chance for anybody else to ever go there.

1 hour ago, ckruetze said:

I think it sort of makes sense. If it is really that good. Star Class guests could fill the 38 seats easily. And if it would be included I guess there would be no chance for anybody else to ever go there.

I don't think it should be included, but at least they should get the same discount as those with the UDP at $130 pp. The number of Star Class guests is very limited compared to the folks with the UDP.

3 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

I don't think it should be included, but at least they should get the same discount as those with the UDP at $130 pp. The number of Star Class guests is very limited compared to the folks with the UDP.

With only 38 person capacity and UDP having to wait until they are on the ship to make a reservation there is a pretty good chance no one actually gets the $130 price.  I like this restaurant concept - over priced, yes - but I’ll only do it once.

1 hour ago, Doug_Texas said:

With only 38 person capacity and UDP having to wait until they are on the ship to make a reservation there is a pretty good chance no one actually gets the $130 price.  I like this restaurant concept - over priced, yes - but I’ll only do it once.

It certainly won't be easy... you figure on a week-long sailing (assuming every night is sold out) only a max of 266 guests will be able to experience it for the entire sailing.

Please report back on your experience!

ESC for 1/27 sailing disappeared from the web cruise planner and from the app.  3 Night Dining Package re-appeared today but in "sold out" status.  I constantly feel like booking this stuff is like a game of Bingo.  Maybe they pulled back ESC to leave slots for UDP and Star Class passengers at embarkation.  Crazy game!