Check in documents needed?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Welcome to the message boards.

• Passport or birth certificate
  • Credit card
  • Human being checking in so you can take a selfie
  • Address and phone number of everyone checking in

I was coming to post a very similar question, I'll be checking in myself and my mom (who doesn't live near me) in a couple of weeks. A few follow up questions: 

• Do I need just the passport information (number) or an actual photo of her passport? 
  • Can I add a credit card number for each person so that we have separate charing, or would I need to do that once on board?
  • For the "selfie", I just need a head shot other than her passport photo?

Thanks for the help!

You don't even really need to do the selfie photo for check-in.  We never do.  It takes them about 10 seconds to snap your picture when they are checking you in.

You only need the passport number and expiration date.

Yes, each person can have their own credit card associated with their folio.  Dan and I always have separate credit card attached to our folio.

2 minutes ago, Villageidiot said:

I wouldn't worry about the photo too much. Last two cruises they took a new photo of my wife anyway.

Same thing happened to my husband and I years ago. I remember having a bit of a struggle,  for some reason,  uploading our photos but was finally successful.  When we got to the port, they snapped new photos of us. I haven't done our photos since as it's one less thing to worry about and as @WAAAYTOOO said, it only takes mere seconds for them to snap it.

It actually depends on if you do it in the website or the app. App, they want a selfie, web you upload. Passport - web you put in the exact name, number & exp date, app you take a picture. Also, if you are a midnight check in person, on the app you can just pick a boarding time and go back later to do the rest. You can also edit info up to 3 days prior to your cruise 

16 minutes ago, PrincipalTinker said:

On the app it had us scan in the barcode on the passports. It then automatically populated in all the info?

Is this a question or a statement?

In any case, yes, that's how the app works. You can also just manually enter the info of course.

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Is this a question or a statement?

In any case, yes, that's how the app works. You can also just manually enter the info of course.

Scanning a barcode is not the same thing as taking a picture. A question, because I started doubting myself.  Does a photo work? 

7 hours ago, EM1016 said:

Do I need just the passport information (number) or an actual photo of her passport? 

28 minutes ago, PrincipalTinker said:

Scanning a barcode is not the same thing as taking a picture. A question, because I started doubting myself.  Does a photo work? 

You can either type in your info or you can use the app to scan the barcode of your passport and the info will auto-populate.

Where the info comes from doesn't matter. The actual passport, info written on a piece of paper, a photo of the passport. You just need the person's personal info that appears in the passport.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the check-in process via the app to select embarkation time the same thing as registering and uploading your passport? We are about 107 days out from our sailing on OOTS (I know, I know, plenty of time...just anxious) and wanted to ensure we didn't miss a step. I check daily on the RCCL website but this is all I see.

image.png.6d8a80acdd81dfd5c40cf6ed13515a10.png

13 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

Is the check-in process via the app to select embarkation time the same thing as registering and uploading your passport? We are about 107 days out from our sailing on OOTS (I know, I know, plenty of time...just anxious) and wanted to ensure we didn't miss a step. I check daily on the RCCL website but this is all I see.

You can use the app to scan your passport and finish the other required items, yes. Many people just make sure to use the app to grab their check-in time at midnight to ensure an early arrival time. After that, you can go back at your leisure and fill in the rest either via the app or website.

I’m 0 for 2 the last 2 check-ins that I tried to do, using the App on my phone/iPad.  Both times it said that check-in wasn’t open yet but I went to the website on my laptop and was able to check in.  Not sure what I was doing wrong.  Both of these last 2 times I got an 11:30 boarding even though it was only 12:10 AM.  I should have been able to get at LEAST an 11:00 boarding if not 10:30.  Very frustrating.

Just now, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

When I use the App on my phone I click the person icon and do the check in that way.  When you click check-in at the bottom of the app it sometimes does not work right away.

Agreed. I've noticed the main check-in icon only works to view/edit your completed check in. Not start from scratch.