Website question / annoyance

Am I the only one who is annoyed that every time I go to the RC website I have to log in..  and then on top of that, after logging in and searching for a new cruise it doesn’t automatically load my crown and anchor number to the searches..  I don’t remember the number and copying/pasting doesn’t work because it goes in as a form of a link.

It shouldn’t be this difficult.  Or is it only me

19 minutes ago, Mikei31 said:

Am I the only one who is annoyed that every time I go to the RC website I have to log in..  and then on top of that, after logging in and searching for a new cruise it doesn’t automatically load my crown and anchor number to the searches..  I don’t remember the number and copying/pasting doesn’t work because it goes in as a form of a link.

Not just you, the entire Royal website leaves MUCH to be desired

47 minutes ago, Mikei31 said:

You're by no means alone.  Information not accepted in repeated attempts when booking a cruise, purchase on cruise planner not confirmed to us but Royal by Gawd has placed a charge against our credit card (and I'm still trying to reach a human via their pathetic call center and give up in frustration; the bloom is starting to come off the rose).

I'm thinking our 11 month old granddaughter and her fellow travelers at her daycare are doing the IT.

21 minutes ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

You're by no means alone.  Information not accepted in repeated attempts when booking a cruise, purchase on cruise planner not confirmed to us but Royal by Gawd has placed a charge against our credit card (and I'm still trying to reach a human via their pathetic call center and give up in frustration; the bloom is starting to come off the rose).

I'm thinking our 11 month old granddaughter and her fellow travelers at her daycare are doing the IT.

ALL reasons why I am so grateful for my travel agent!!

22 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

ALL reasons why I am so grateful for my travel agent!!

Until last Thursday afternoon, 4 cruises and add ons booked by "Geezer Travel" without a hitch. Don't know if it was our broadband, traffic crush on Royal's website for the big 4th of July sale or what. The purchase is still stuck in the cart and Royal got paid. I'm sure as hell not tinkering with the cart. I just hope if and when I can talk to a human being it's resolved.

Now what I’m running into while looking for a last minute cruise this July or August is every search is returning with the error, “no rooms available for 3 people”.   I have 2 adults and 1 child.  How can this be?  And there’s no filter to add in guests so only available cruises are shown.

I am left to click on every single date and try,  only to get the same message 

Most browsers save names and passwords for you if you like so that they auto-fill.

I agree the RC website could be better. There are two basic issues. Poor user interface or design and errors in information and lack of depth.

The first issue of poor design is prevalent on a lot of web sites. I am not sure who companies hire and why they tolerate poor design, but they do.

Cruising is a very dynamic field. Information is being added and updated continuously. That information is data and it takes work from real people and keyboards to keep that data up to date and correct. A lot of web sites fail at this.

At the same time, there are excellent sites that have great design and they keep data current and pertinent. Amazon is not perfect but look at the volume of data they deal with. The "Trader' sites like auto-trader or rv-trader are generally well designed and give the user a multitude of filters to any make, model, price, location you want. Stock market sites update an enormous amount of data that continuously has to be current.

They are all different but it goes to show what you can do. RC does a good job and I understand they are working with an international market that brings is own set of hurdles. At the same time, the web site has to transition from the desk top computer to their app. Some data can only be updated in real time. For instance, an excursion is cancelled due to ... whatever. The itinerary changes for shows, destinations, and a million other things. A lot of this could be helpful to peoples plans in advance. We see these kinds of 'what if' questions in this forum all the time because its just not available on line. Well... sometimes it is but people can not or will not find it for whatever reason. To me, this just shows a lot of information could more accessible with better design and current data. The information may be there but if its hard to find or incomplete then it cause issues for people.

2 hours ago, Mikei31 said:

Now what I’m running into while looking for a last minute cruise this July or August is every search is returning with the error, “no rooms available for 3 people”.   I have 2 adults and 1 child.  How can this be?  And there’s no filter to add in guests so only available cruises are shown.

I am left to click on every single date and try,  only to get the same message 

It's possible all the cruises have reached maximum capacity. Cruise ships have been selling out and rooms for 3 sell out pretty fast. I'm always checking for price drops and I've found that for my last two cruises, no rooms for 3 were found several months before sailing. My spring break 2024 cruise is already sold out for rooms for 3+ except for suite class.

17 hours ago, Mikei31 said:

You are not alone! 

We ran into the "3" person cabin not available when trying to book a cruise for my son and his two children, but if I chose the "4" person option then cabins were available. Due to this experience he decided to book with a competing cruise line that made the process easier. Royal is our "go to" cruise line but usually it is only the two or one of us going so it is quite easy for us. Our in-house travel agent (aka: wife) talks to Royal on all our cruises and we have had only had one glitch in all the sailings we have booked and that was solved by on-board staff in Next Cruise when we went to them.

20 minutes ago, ScottD said:

I think the interface overall is pretty easy, searching for cruises and dates is pretty simple. I wish there was a way to search by ports, but maybe that search bar on top allows that, I haven't tried. You want a messy website, check out MSC....

Yeah MSC website is a mess. I find Celebrities website is kinda of a pain to use and understand. 

Funny, mine keeps me logged in at all times and when I go to price a cruise, I only have to click on the "Enter additional promo codes for any exclusive rates” link and it auto populates my C&A number for me. Maybe it’s your browser settings? I use Safari 15.5 and let it remember my RCCL password.