Dining packages still not available in cruise planner ????

Jax

Hey everyone, we cruise this December and typically dining plans are available by now but for some reason they have not been released on Harmony whereas  they have been released on our 14 night Med cruise on Anthem summer 2024. We are star class but our friends cruising with us are anxious to book the unlimited dining plan.  Any ideas or similar experiences?? 

15 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I have the same issue for a Mariner Jan 2024 sailing, both sailings after, Wonder and Allure, have dining packages available. But nothing for dining has shown up. I can book excursions, internet, and drinks but the dining section of CP is blank. 

Same…so strange. 

2 hours ago, roybthered said:

We sail on Symphony at the end of August 2023 and no UDP but all the others are listed? seems strange.

Not at all strange because in your case it could be sold out. You are sailing in less than 90 days.

OP and I have sailings much further away that have no dining packages listed at all. But have other sailings booked even further away and they show up.

On 6/3/2023 at 11:37 AM, Traveling Mike said:

My April 2024 cruises (10 day and 18 day) on the Ovation are not available.  Everything else is there but not UDP.

I'm on the Alaska sailing on Ovation after you arrive in Vancouver from your 28-day TP (I'm jealous!). No dining packages of any kind showing yet for my cruise either, everything is ala carte.

22 hours ago, roybthered said:

We sail on Symphony at the end of August 2023 and no UDP but all the others are listed? seems strange.

It sounds like your cruise planner  is showing some dining so as @Ampurp85 said, it’s possible the UDP is sold out. In my case there are no dining options available.  See screen shot of my scurries planner.  

A5B0D9CB-FF1D-41D8-B3DC-E2844E0B3A8C.png

• 5 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Jax said:

Update: 171 days out and still no unlimited or 3 day dining packages, however individual restaurants are now available to book so maybe we are getting close. 🤷‍♀️

Hmm that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. We are booked on Liberty for October 2024 and dining packages are for sale. We have the 3 night dining package for October this year and Anthem February 2024 booked already. I'm curious why not for your cruise? 🤔

Like the OP I have sailings in 2024 that have full dining options and some that don't. Not that they are sold out but that they have yet to populate.

My Wonder sailing in Jan has the UDP and other dining packages available, so does my Allure sailing. However, my first Jan sailing on Mariner just has a couple of restaurants available. I know Jamie's is the specialty restaurant open on embarkation, but I can only book for days 2 and 4, the same for Chops and Izumi. I think the planner for some sailings are wonky as things are being finalized.

I have a December 2023 holiday sailing on Odyssey coming up.  Like some others have mentioned, individual restaurants populated in CP just a few days ago, but no dining packages at all.  I'm wondering if it could somehow be holiday related (specialty holiday dining options in the specialty restaurants are bookable). 

Does Royal always make dining packages available at these super peak times or might they be refraining from offering packages due to the additions of the holiday dining specialty options or some other reason?  

I've never sailed over the holidays so this is uncharted for me.  

7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Does Royal always make dining packages available at these super peak times or might they be refraining from offering packages due to the additions of the holiday dining specialty options or some other reason?  

This is our 4th cruise over Christmas and the unlimited and 3 day packages have always been released at the same time as other dining offerings and many months earlier.  Who knows what’s going on with these holiday cruises. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Unlimited dining plan and 3 night plan is now available in cruise planner for our upcoming Christmas cruise on Harmony. Pricing has almost doubled when compared to the same ship over Christmas last year. I expected to see an increase but didn’t think it would be this high considering the UDP doesn’t cover Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Chops, 150 CP and Jaime’s.  The holiday menu pricing in these venues is an additional $99 per person per venue. Anyone else see similar pricing?? 

IMG_0903.png

1 hour ago, Jax said:

Anyone else see similar pricing?? 

Yep.  I just purchased a 3 night plan for both our Christmas and NY sailings on Adventure.  Same exact price.    No interest in the UDP since there are so few choices of venues but a 3 night package will be ok.  Not sure what we will do for the holiday meals but I'm definitely not paying another upcharge for essentially a canape and a cheap bottle of sparkling wine.

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not sure what we will do for the holiday meals but I'm definitely not paying another upcharge for essentially a canape and a cheap bottle of sparkling wine.

I know! I have no idea If our group of friends will purchase it at these prices. We may be eating a lot of meals by ourselves. 😆 

On 8/8/2023 at 4:27 PM, Jax said:

The Unlimited dining plan and 3 night plan is now available in cruise planner for our upcoming Christmas cruise on Harmony. Pricing has almost doubled when compared to the same ship over Christmas last year. I expected to see an increase but didn’t think it would be this high considering the UDP doesn’t cover Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Chops, 150 CP and Jaime’s.  The holiday menu pricing in these venues is an additional $99 per person per venue. Anyone else see similar pricing?? 

IMG_0903.png

so is chops and giovannis only available for the holiday dinners if you paid the extra on top of extra charge? or can you visit and just not get the extra wine or lobster or canape or whatever?

6 hours ago, Marlena said:

so is chops and giovannis only available for the holiday dinners if you paid the extra on top of extra charge? or can you visit and just not get the extra wine or lobster or canape or whatever?

Yes you must purchase the dining on those nights separate from the unlimited or 3 night dining plans.  I don’t really understand the reasoning for the upcharge other than it being on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day because the menu looks to be exactly the same as it is the other 5 nights. In our case it effects 3 specialty restaurants (Chops, 150 CP and Jaime’s)  It’s included for star class but our friends have to pay the upcharge if they want to dine with us even when they have the unlimited dining plan. This will be our 4th star class cruise over Christmas and this policy has been in effect for all of them.