Discounts??

27 minutes ago, KellsBells71 said:

Does Royal ever do better than $650 + 30% off every guest?  I see that discount all the time but never see anything more?  

Ignore the $ and % numbers. They mess around with the base rates and other math so the headline title of the "sale" is almost irrelevant.

Honestly, the best way to find a deal is to just keep checking cruises you are interested in frequently.

Royal nearly always has a promotion underway but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.  Other than Kids Sail Free, most promotions results in the same price. 

Like airplane seats the pricing adjusts based on supply and demand factors.  There is not a standard rate that promotions operate from. Booking early when a saildate first is made available is generally the best way to obtain the cheapest fares but that depends on the region and ship. 

Ultimately it's about finding a price that you like, booking and then watching for price drops (North American website only).  Up to final payment due date you can request price drops when the exact same category drops, if it drops. 

Check every other site. Don't even bother with Royal's they always have the highest prices. No matter what "sale" is on.

I just saved $900 for the EXACT same cruise by not booking or using Royal's pricing. Its crazy.

I don't ever pay attention to their constant  marketing ploys....

Now if only I could find a site that had better drink package  prices than Royals...lol

3 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Check every other site. Don't even bother with Royal's they always have the highest prices. No matter what "sale" is on.

I just saved $900 for the EXACT same cruise by not booking or using Royal's pricing. Its crazy.

Now if only I could find a site that had better drink package  prices than Royals...lol

What sites? Check out www.cruisequick.com 

3 hours ago, D Alt said:

I remember a couple years back when they were trying to get people back from covid, there was a 60% off promotion. Forget exactly what it said though. 

I don't remember the name of the sale either, but I know what you're talking about. I think it was in April of 2020, they had what I would call a fire sale on certain cruises. I got a guaranteed neighborhood view balcony cabin on a Harmony of the Seas cruise dirt cheap. Wound up with a Central Park view which was exactly what I wanted.

6 hours ago, Alonelymom said:

Thanks! Unfortunately, they want more than RC does for the 9 day cruise I'm looking at, but I will just keep a eye out. Also RC took away the 650 and 30% off today and now its only $100 off. So today is not the day to book lol

You'll probably find the prices are about the same, Royals sales are never what they claim to be. If you get OBC, it's normally because the price of the cruise has been increased

12 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I'd love to know what sites... I've checked all of the big ones and they all end up coming out to exactly the same or more. Royal has always been the lowest I find if not the same as the others

I normally check the following...priceline, bestpricecruises, vacationstogo and icruise.

And yes, a lot of times they are all pretty close, usually a difference of OBC from site to site . But i know that a couple of sites get some "group rates" which usually are 10-20% cheaper.

This cruise was about 40% cheaper!

I haven't booked a cruise directly with Royal in years!

14 hours ago, Alonelymom said:

Thanks! Unfortunately, they want more than RC does for the 9 day cruise I'm looking at, but I will just keep a eye out. Also RC took away the 650 and 30% off today and now its only $100 off. So today is not the day to book lol

If you ignore the marketing and look at the final price, there may not be much difference.  There are hundreds of ways to use math to end up at the same price.  Say they want to sell a cruise for just under $1000, they can:

Use base price $2000 with $600 savings and 30% off = $980

Use base price $1600 and offer 40% off = $960

Use base price $1300 and offer Buy One Get One 50% off (which is the same as 25% off) = $975

etc, etc, etc....