Mocktails

Teresak

The refreshment package allows mock tails. My question is and please don’t judge. Can my grandson age 13 also get a Mocktail? In my mind they are alcohol free. I will call Royal Carribean if I can’t get an answer here. Thank you so much for your time.

Edited by SpeedNoodles
changed title from name to actual subject

5 hours ago, Teresak said:

The refreshment package allows mock tails. My question is and please don’t judge. Can my grandson age 13 also get a Mocktail? In my mind they are alcohol free. I will call Royal Carribean if I can’t get an answer here. Thank you so much for your time.

Yes he can. As there is no alcohol in them there is no issue. 

8 hours ago, Teresak said:

I don't need to repeat the answer but I am rather curious: Why did you think anyone would judge a 13 year old for getting a mocktail?

4 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I don't need to repeat the answer but I am rather curious: Why did you think anyone would judge a 13 year old for getting a mocktail?

Because this is the internet, and there was absolutely a non zero chance of some key board warrior saying how that promotes drinking culture or some other nonsense. You’re right but people pick the dumbest fights

• 2 weeks later...

My 13 year old was so nervous about ordering a drink from our refreshment package, and it was a very good learning experience for him. They would get Shirley Temples with dinner, and use the soda cups, but I had a list of mocktails to try (myself) and was talking about them one night, and he asked what a Pina Colada tasted like (no alcohol). I said, just get one and see! So we got one for him at dinner that night and the next two days, he liked them so much that he ordered his own. We had given the kids a few dollars to tip with, so I just reminded him to use those when he ordered. 

• 5 months later...

I know this is an older thread,  but as a non drinker, I love a good mocktail.  Thankfully, Royal has added some to the menu and they are great.  Since I’ve never really drank alcohol, my issue is that I don’t know what’s normally in a drink and if it’s worth making it without the alcohol. Sometimes the non-alcoholic version ends up just being juice.  also sometimes there are multiple names for a drink.  So, I’m always on the lookout for more options and combos that could be cool.  The other day at lunch I stumbled on this menu, so figured I’d share.  

IMG_2850.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

I know this is an older thread,  but as a non drinker, I love a good mocktail.  Thankfully, Royal has added some to the menu and they are great.  Since I’ve never really drank alcohol, my issue is that I don’t know what’s normally in a drink and if it’s worth making it without the alcohol. Sometimes the non-alcoholic version ends up just being juice.  also sometimes there are multiple names for a drink.  So, I’m always on the lookout for more options and combos that could be cool.  The other day at lunch I stumbled on this menu, so figured I’d share.  

IMG_2850.jpeg

I'm literally on board a ship right now and I'm going to the bar to order the burabura brew! Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!!

EDIT - I just ordered this with the bartender. He said that's such an old drink, it takes me back, do you know we have a new drink menu? I had to laugh. The drink is great!