Finally a cruise change I think we can all agree with!

Paid4c4

4 hours ago, kay L said:

Love that RC is trying to stop people hogging chairs. I remove the stuff if people do this and dont sit for over 25 mins.  No one should have to stand just because somone is rude and thinks a towel on a seat holds it and if they are in the water then sorry you do not need to sit.   Thank you RC we love you

Be careful @kay L.  You are better to involve the crew.  People do not like to see other people touch their things and it escalates quickly.  You aren't the authority and your handling of other's items is a transgression at least equal to chair hogging and worse in the eyes of many.

Even though your imposed rule of 25 minutes is beyond the rule of the cruise line (30), you had me until the notion that a person is out of luck if they are in the water.  These chairs are after all by the pool.  

5 hours ago, kay L said:

Love that RC is trying to stop people hogging chairs. I remove the stuff if people do this and dont sit for over 25 mins.  No one should have to stand just because somone is rude and thinks a towel on a seat holds it and if they are in the water then sorry you do not need to sit.   Thank you RC we love you

Yeah, I think you are taking it one step further than most. If someone is ACTUALLY in the pool, then they are entitled to use a chair for their towels and what not. These rules are more for people who throw a towel on the chair and disappear for hours to go get the family, go get lunch, go to trivia, walk over to play a few rounds of mini golf.... all while holding a chair and not even being in the area. If I'm in the pool just relaxing and someone moves my stuff, I would be very upset 

8 hours ago, kay L said:

If they're in the water, they need a place to come back to. This is allowed. It's the "I'll put a towel here now so when I want the chair in six hours it will be there for me" folks that are the problem.

1 hour ago, sammy79 said:

Are they even enforcing the time limit?

Off an on.  They put slips with times on some gear and then sometimes remove it.

Here's the thing, it's their ship and their rule and their decision to enforce or not enforce.  I of course wish they would enforce it, but if they choose to have a rule that through lack of enforcement is just a suggestion, then it is allowed behavior.  If it's allowed behavior a good part of any gripe we have is with RCI.  

As individuals, we don't get to enforce RCI rules on RCI ships when they choose not to.  If they want to allow chair hogging, then they will.  An individual is unlikely to have favorable results trying to manage another person's property anymore than they would have favorable results trying to enforce RCI's dress code in the MDR.

The cruise line decides through its own actions what behavior is prohibited and what behavior they simply prefer.

On 3/23/2023 at 3:27 AM, Xaa said:

I'm certain they didn't see me.  They wouldn't have put the card if they had.  The tub is elevated by 3 or 4 stairs and we were looking out to the horizon.  Didn't even see them in the area that I recall.

I wasn't upset about it.  Happy actually.  I do worry though about people in a similar situation who might be upset about it and would be right to be.

This was done at a hotel we stayed in. If we returned to the chairs when the note was present you’d simply return the note to the towel stand which monitored it. They routinely made rounds and cards were not placed until the towel had been left with no people for sometime. Happy to hear this is being put into action on Royal Caribbean.

On 3/19/2023 at 9:23 AM, Paid4c4 said:

I think the photograph needs no explanation!

336428086_521155533554112_3962879403066895883_n.jpeg

unfortunately this is only a suggestion for some people LOL

I like to wake up around 8am to soak in the hot tubs then swim in the pool versus the solarium to people watch and I've seen multiple guests place their towels/hats/sunglasses on those chairs around 8am and not return until 12-1pm.

pool deck was already filled up around 11am and many guest are just perpetually wandering in hopes for a chair. I try my best to notify attendants but for some reason they never removed their belongings, could it be a liability issue?