Oasis Specialty Dining: which to skip

SweetPea

I’m kinda over the whole hibachi thing.  I know all of the jokes and I find the food to be average.  However, if I was with others who had never been or a group with children, I would probably go.  I would much rather go to the sushi side where I have more choices and it’s quieter.

15 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Thanks. We skip the hibachi show because i have an egg allergy and they're a huge part of the show and so i don't want to subject others to a no egg show. 🙃 

It's really the food quality I'm concerned about. 😃

I would eliminate Izumi all together then and enjoy the other three which all have a great menu and high quality food. Note: the sushi at Izumi is great I just personally think the other 3 venues offer better food choices if you don’t do the Hibachi. 

I too would skip Izumi.  I can get great sushi since I am so close to the seacoast and know of a great sushi restaurant. 

I have eaten at all 4 restaurants. I thought that they were all great but I am not a picky eater.  When choosing a restaurant, I look for items on the menu that I can't get from home.  Since I live in New England, that usually means great cuts of beef. 

@SweetPea, you followed my blog closely, so you know where we ate. My sister and I agree that the caprese at Giovannis was probably our favorite thing all week. I personally probably would skip the sushi.

Chops - You can't go wrong with any of the steaks, and the rack of lamb was outstanding.

Giovannis - GET THE CAPRESE!! Avoid the carbonara and the seafood linguini. Their filet was good, as well as the bolognese. The piccata, while not exactly traditional was still very good. Did I mention, eat the caprese, over and over again. 

150 - Their Tenderloin is probably my favorite of all the filets that they serve on the ship. You would have to go to last years Oasis blog to read about that. 

3 hours ago, GregD said:

@SweetPea, you followed my blog closely, so you know where we ate. My sister and I agree that the caprese at Giovannis was probably our favorite thing all week. I personally probably would skip the sushi.

Chops - You can't go wrong with any of the steaks, and the rack of lamb was outstanding.

Giovannis - GET THE CAPRESE!! Avoid the carbonara and the seafood linguini. Their filet was good, as well as the bolognese. The piccata, while not exactly traditional was still very good. Did I mention, eat the caprese, over and over again. 

150 - Their Tenderloin is probably my favorite of all the filets that they serve on the ship. You would have to go to last years Oasis blog to read about that. 

Wait, to be clear ... I should order the caprese? I wasn’t sure from your post. 😁