Suite Concierge question

Sunny_D

Our Allure sailing is this Sunday. I received an email from the Suite Concierge. It mentioned that entertainment reservations can be booked by them once on board. It also stated that they could book Coastal Kitchen for us, and to please “reach out” if we were interested. I replied to the email a day ago and have not heard back. Do they typically respond to email replies? I took that phrase “reach out” to mean that they could book CK before boarding (unlike entertainment reservations)…does anyone know if this is true or if you have to wait til after boarding for that too?

I am on this sailing too.  I got the same email.  I replied requesting they book our specialty dining reservations if they could.  We have the UDP.  

I haven’t heard back from them either.  That being said, the email came on turn around day and I assume they are very busy.  If I don’t hear back by tomorrow I will probably email them again.  I hope I’m not stepping on any toes by asking about the dinner reservations.  

See ya on board!

I always got the email from the Oasis concierges and I responded with my list of dinner reservations. Specialty and Coastal Kitchen. They always responded with a confirmation email usually a few days before sailing. Most of the time the entertainment schedule was not finalized until just before sailing so I made them with the concierge once onboard. It was never a problem. Even when on a back to back they didn’t get the entertainment list until the day before the next cruise. But that could have been due to the uncertainty regarding which performance might be impacted or changed due to someone being sick, quarantined or isolated.

The Suite Concierge is very specific about when they respond. They have a specific time throughout the day where they will respond to emails for the upcoming sailing, and it seems they are busy tending to the needs of the current passengers most of the day. When writing an email to them, I try to provide as much information as I can to make the most out of the email.

I was able to reserve all dining and shows on the nights that we wished 4 days before the cruise left. I asked the concierge to send me the list of shows, which they did the next day. I was able to send them this list of dining and I replicated this same list for the shows throughout the week that we could reserve. They prefer a list such as this one as it gives them clear information as to the day, the restaurant, the time, and how many people will be in your party.

SUITE #

Day

Date

Port

Day

Restaurant

Time

# of Guests

8660 / 8654 

SATURDAY

11-Jun

MIAMI, FLORIDA

MY TIME DINING

7:00 PM

8660 / 8654 

SUNDAY

12-Jun

AT SEA

HOOKED

8660 / 8654 

MONDAY

13-Jun

SAN JUAN, PR

MY TIME DINING

8660 / 8654 

TUESDAY

14-Jun

ST. THOMAS

CHOP'S

8660 / 8654 

WEDNESDAY

15-Jun

ST. MAARTEN

COASTAL KITCHEN

8660 / 8654 

THURSDAY

16-Jun

AT SEA

MY TIME DINING

8660 / 8654 

FRIDAY

17-Jun

COCOCAY, BAHAMAS

JAMIE'S

Thank you all for the information!

@Sunny_D Nadia just responded to me and confirmed she made all the reservations except for Hibachi as they have to wait until 1 day prior to see what’s available due to online sale reservations, makes perfect sense to me and we are very flexible on the time slots they have left.  She also mentioned the show schedule would be finalized 2 to 3 days prior, but the Aqua show is the only one we really care to see.  I booked it in advance online, but maybe the time slot will change.  

@MattJump I am a list person too!  She got each restaurant and time slot I requested.  (Waiting on Hibachi)

@WAAAYTOOO thanks again for all your help!  You have giving me answers to many questions on many posts over the years!  I owe you some drinks if we ever happen to be on the same sailing!

I hope y’all have a great day!  Now, time to pack hahaha

• 2 months later...

Hello, I was wondering if the letter from the concierge is only for star suite class or if this applies to sky and sea class too. I'm staying in sky class and originally booked the restaurants directly however, I am thinking of doing the Unlimited Dining Plan if reservations can be requested in advance of boarding. Has anyone ever done the UDP and not been able to reserve a specific restaurant while staying in a suite? The phone line stated that suite guests receive preferred seating, but I'm not sure that means I can definitley get Izumi Hibachi. Thank you

1 hour ago, Figuring It Out said:

Hello, I was wondering if the letter from the concierge is only for star suite class or if this applies to sky and sea class too.

The suite concierge only emails Sky Class guest. Star gets an email from the Genie and Sea Class nothing.

1 hour ago, Figuring It Out said:

Has anyone ever done the UDP and not been able to reserve a specific restaurant while staying in a suite?

We've only done UDP once, last July and we had no issues getting the times we wanted through the suite concierge.

10 hours ago, Figuring It Out said:

as anyone done the Coco Beach Club All Day Pass. I'm really only interested in trying the lunch at the restaurant, but is it worth it? Price is now about $650 on Oasis. Thank you

😵‍💫 $699.????????that's insane. That used to be as sale price for a CCBC beach cabana... Beach club is great for anything under 119.99 pp(adjusted for inflation) 

I would have to do some real research on what other ship would be there the same time. Love the experience but would only go as high as $149.99 if it was a school vacation week or summer vacation... 

1 hour ago, michaelp1446 said:

😵‍💫 $699.????????that's insane. That used to be as sale price for a CCBC beach cabana... Beach club is great for anything under 119.99 pp(adjusted for inflation) 

I would have to do some real research on what other ship would be there the same time. Love the experience but would only go as high as $149.99 if it was a school vacation week or summer vacation... 

Uh oh, I think I should have mentioned that it is $290pp plus gratuity with 3 in party to be more accurate. However, it seems like that price is way above what it's worth. We were going to try out the Coco Beach Club restaurant -- really no interest in the beach or private pool, but perhaps we'll just tour around on the trolley and then go back to the ship to eat. Seemed expensive, but everything is sort of inflated.  Thanks so much for the tips! BTW the cabana and pass is $1500 (for up to 8).

Food is good but not for that price. I've only had it b/c my generous FIL got our family of 8 an OTW cabana last summer (which was amazing and he got a good price).

I love the free food on Coco Cay (chicken sandwiches, mozz sticks, taco bar with fresh tortillas, funnel cake, cookies and ice cream etc.) I enjoy steak and lobster, but honestly, I'm just as happy eating the other stuff during the day while lying in the sun, dipping in the pool, etc. And I don't mind the short walk to both locations I frequent from our favorite spot.

OK, so I decided against getting the Cococay pass. Thank you for all of the replies. I was thinking about getting the Aroma Stone massage for myself and the Father Time massage for my husband/son. Has anyone done either? I was wondering if there is a strong scent in the aroma massage (I can't stand strong smelling perfume like aromas). Also, is the Father Time massage worth it? Thank you. Also, anyone know how to remove future cruises from the RCL app? My son wants to access the app and RCL said I could just link 1 cruise to him so he could access. However, when I opened the app on his phone all the future cruises (which are all a surprise) were listed. I don't know how to remove them from his account. Thank you

On 1/31/2023 at 8:45 AM, MattJump said:

The Suite Concierge is very specific about when they respond. They have a specific time throughout the day where they will respond to emails for the upcoming sailing, and it seems they are busy tending to the needs of the current passengers most of the day. When writing an email to them, I try to provide as much information as I can to make the most out of the email.

I was able to reserve all dining and shows on the nights that we wished 4 days before the cruise left. I asked the concierge to send me the list of shows, which they did the next day. I was able to send them this list of dining and I replicated this same list for the shows throughout the week that we could reserve. They prefer a list such as this one as it gives them clear information as to the day, the restaurant, the time, and how many people will be in your party.

SUITE #

Day

Date

Port

Day

Restaurant

Time

# of Guests

8660 / 8654 

SATURDAY

11-Jun

MIAMI, FLORIDA

MY TIME DINING

8660 / 8654 

SUNDAY

12-Jun

AT SEA

HOOKED

8660 / 8654 

MONDAY

13-Jun

SAN JUAN, PR

MY TIME DINING

8660 / 8654 

TUESDAY

14-Jun

ST. THOMAS

CHOP'S

8660 / 8654 

WEDNESDAY

15-Jun

ST. MAARTEN

COASTAL KITCHEN

8660 / 8654 

THURSDAY

16-Jun

AT SEA

MY TIME DINING

8660 / 8654 

FRIDAY

17-Jun

COCOCAY, BAHAMAS

JAMIE'S

That is a perfect template for clearly communicating reservation requests, especially for a larger group, to the concierge and it no doubt makes their incredibly difficult job easier. I've already copied it and saved it. I'll be using it for our Harmony sailing in August!! Thank you!!! 

The Beach Club is a tough question.  290 is too much.  I do not like crowds or noise, so the Oasis pool is a no go for me.  The Beach Club is the only alternative for a quiet pool experience.  The meal is fine, but not spectacular.  If you like a party vibe, I cannot really see paying all that much for the Beach Club.  Also, if you are fine with the beach rather than a pool, you can find lots of great beach and beach chairs without paying for the Beach Club.