Coastal Kitchen Qualification?

Dadalorian13

Having a Junior suite make you a Sea Class guest as part of the royal suites program on the ships that have those designations.  So you can see in your image that you shared the policy that applies to booking Coastal Kitchen.

image.png.437808d283e2eefd6e31fcee369673cb.png  

You will be allowed to make reservations on a first come basis if there is space available.  Check after boarding when you can make your first night request and check daily.

The Coastal Kitchen is available to JS guests on a space-available basis.  You will not be able to make dining reservations at CK in advance.  A lot will depend on how many Pinnacles are on your sailing as they will have priority over JS but not over suite guests.  You will have to wait until you board to get an indication of how available reservations at the CK will be.  Typically, you will have to make CK reservations one day at a time but not always.  It just depends…

15 minutes ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Having a Junior suite make you a Sea Class guest as part of the royal suites program on the ships that have those designations.  So you can see in your image that you shared the policy that applies to booking Coastal Kitchen.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/26b55941e96ad474c4a3c39472e18b212b2ae7f5b3e4bb25a6a12fedf56036fc/1280/https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2023_01/image.png.437808d283e2eefd6e31fcee369673cb.png  

You will be allowed to make reservations on a first come basis if there is space available.  Check after boarding when you can make your first night request and check daily.

Overlooked that completely 🤦🏻‍♂️ thanks fellow cruiser!!! 

I suggest you go to CK when they are open for lunch on day 1 to reserve your dinner.  They will likely be able to seat you if you are flexible on your dining time ( either early or late seating). It also does not hurt to tip the host/hostess and they will book your dining time for the duration of your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Safemike1 said:

I just came off the Oasis of the Seas on Sunday (2/5). I was also in a JS and made reservations for two nights at Coastal Kitchen. There was no hassle but I suggest you do it on the first day. Reservations fill up fast.

if you feel comfortable sharing — no pressure — were you unable to book the other days in CK, or did you just have other plans?

21 hours ago, asquared17 said:

if you feel comfortable sharing — no pressure — were you unable to book the other days in CK, or did you just have other plans?

We ate at specialty restaurants on 3 of the other nights. But when we made our last-minute reservations, we had to check back since there were no openings at the time. (P.S. - We gave the server a very nice tip on the first night and he remembered us. Then when we came in during the day, he helped us get the reservation for the second night)

17 hours ago, Safemike1 said:

We ate at specialty restaurants on 3 of the other nights. But when we made our last-minute reservations, we had to check back since there were no openings at the time. (P.S. - We gave the server a very nice tip on the first night and he remembered us. Then when we came in during the day, he helped us get the reservation for the second night)

thank you for this!! this is a great suggestion 

Are Coastal Kitchen menus available in app?
I have a JS on Anthem, I'm wondering if 1. I am allowed at CK and 2. If I should bother bookiing-I dont' want to take a table if I don't care for the menu.
What is it like in CK?  I picture an "upper crusty" atmosphere, not sure an "everyday folk" would fit in,though I do know the correct silverware to eat with and which is my bread plate and drink glass! 🤣

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jenny li said:

I will be on oasis (grand suites) this coming June, do I need to make reservation for coastal kitchen or I can just show up any time ? 

We’ve always just showed up for breakfast and lunch and never had a problem getting a table. I did notice that our last cruise, we were Star and our genie made lunch reservations on sea days so it might be a good idea to reserve sea day lunches. Always make reservations for dinner. Just let the concierge know days/times you’d like to reserve when they reach out. They will make the reservations for you. 

16 hours ago, Sea Squirrel said:

Breakfast in CK may be our top reason for booking suites. Can’t handle WJ breakfast…that insanity is no way to start a day, lol. 

would agree here; breakfast is our most challenging meal of the day onboard. the MDR takes too long for us when we want to get up and go; pre covid, we’d hit el loco fresh for breakfast (on oasis) and it was a lifesaver but that has not been open for breakfast on other ships. the solarium can get very crowded very quickly as well. 

we’ve done johnny rockets for breakfast which is fine and also the continental breakfast from room service but it’s been a bit of a struggle otherwise. 

Last August on Odyssey was our first experience in a junior suite and at Coastal Kitchen. We absolutely loved the Coastal Kitchen experience and look forward to having the chance to use it again. We had no issues with making reservations, in fact, most evenings it was only half full and we even managed to have the same table most of the time. The views, especially the Mediterranean sunset, were spectacular!

With JS......Able to book 2 dinners on Symphony, no availability before 9 pm on Oasis.   Great service and food (including off menu items) at CK.

Question for the group:  would the Diamond Concierge be able to assist with Ck dinner reservations?

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

With JS......Able to book 2 dinners on Symphony, no availability before 9 pm on Oasis.   Great service and food (including off menu items) at CK.

Question for the group:  would the Diamond Concierge be able to assist with Ck dinner reservations?

I want to say no, I believe all CK reservations have to go through the SL concierge. Similar to how you have to book Izumi Hibachi with Izumi