Soot on the Boardwalk - Wonder

Frostynels

It’s no just what is on the decks and chairs but what is constantly falling. Depending on the direction of the wind and smoke stack we avoided the back of the ship or stay under cover certain areas. On Wonder there was quite a few guests complaining and getting their clothes washed after dining out at Playmakers and Jonny Rockets. Just look at the deck floors for little black stains or soot pebbles and don’t wear light colored clothes. 

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

So you established an account just for this observation?

I'm happy they did. I won't avoid an entire section of the ship, but I will bring a towel to sit on. I welcome complaints, warnings, suggestions, and tips. Not just blind praise for Royal. 

I found this helpful. Can't believe this is the first I've heard of this. Been reading daily for a year. 

29 minutes ago, BennyandBo said:

I'm happy they did. I won't avoid an entire section of the ship, but I will bring a towel to sit on. I welcome complaints, warnings, suggestions, and tips. Not just blind praise for Royal. 

I found this helpful. Can't believe this is the first I've heard of this. Been reading daily for a year. 

Wonderful, I am glad it was informative.  I errantly thought this was common knowledge, as has been an issue for a decade or more.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:23 PM, Frostynels said:

At the Aqua Theatre and Boardwalk there is a smokestack spot that lands on your white close and puts black ink spots on your clothes, there is NOTHING that removes the stain.

Yep - my wife found that out with a new white shirt.   She's working on the spot removal now.  Spray n Wash and some rubbing removed most of it.

Wife had this issue a while back on the Allure.  We asked our room attendant if they had something we could soak the item in and explained why.  They took it to laundry and removed about 99% of the “stain” at no charge.

We now “wipe down” the seats in the aqua theatre before watching the show.  

Getting the stain was a small victory for me, since I always told her to check the seats and she told me to leave her alone. 🙂  my lava flow that evening was extra refreshing!

Edited by Reigert2008
spelling