Lost and Found Claim longshot

Hi friends.

Looking for good vibes, mainly.

A few months ago, I discovered a bracelet I last had on my fall 2021 cruise was not in the place I normally put it. At the time, I figured it was probably just somewhere else in the house, but after a bit of looking it hasn't yet appeared...so to cover my bases I only just submitted a claim to RC Lost and Found.

Honestly, I imagine it's been too long even if it was left on the ship somehow (we're VERY thorough in checking our rooms before we leave) but it can't hurt to try, right?

So...asking for your good vibes and also, if you have any experience with Lost and Found claims can you give me an idea of how long they generally take to respond? The 'we got your claim' automated email just says "we'll let you know if we do or don't find it" but offers 0 information on time frame.

Got another automated response from the claim.

"Status Update Still Searching" (me too, Royal, me too)

And they finally gave me a time frame: "If we are unable to find any items that match the description of your reported lost item within 30 days of your report, we will send you an email advising you that our search was unsuccessful, and your report will be closed."

So I have until approximately Feb 4, 2023 to wait with bated breath. Meanwhile I've transitioned to looking in the "weird places" such as the toolbox, linen closet and upper shelves I rarely touch.

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to come back here and say...I found the bracelet!

Turns out my cruise WASN'T the last place I wore it. Instead, I wore it to a friend's wedding and apparently put it (and a lipstick and my earrings) in my purse from that night...and never unpacked it before putting it back on the shelf! I had pretty much given up hope that I would find it after I moved and didn't see it in the empty apartment so that was a lovely surprise last night ^_^

25 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Just wanted to come back here and say...I found the bracelet!

Turns out my cruise WASN'T the last place I wore it. Instead, I wore it to a friend's wedding and apparently put it (and a lipstick and my earrings) in my purse from that night...and never unpacked it before putting it back on the shelf! I had pretty much given up hope that I would find it after I moved and didn't see it in the empty apartment so that was a lovely surprise last night ^_^

YIPPEE !!!!  I know this feeling well.  So glad you recovered it safely.  I love those little surprises when you found something that you thought you had lost.