Royal Up Question

MarkFamMan

Hey all going on first RC cruise March 19th on Allure.  Have done a fair amount of research and currently booked in a 2 BR GS.  As I continue to look at booking options currently, I notice that the 2 BR Aquatheater is open.  5 in total in room FYI, Wife, 2 kids, and my Mother.  Since we plan on specialty dining at least 3 nights, and will consume alcohol (not enough for deluxe package), and also understand and hope the 11am-11pm suite lounge benefits stay with beer and wine, but if we could upgrade for a discount to aquatheater, I could justify the additional potential cost.  The genie service, I am not sure I am sold on, nor have I ever had a service like it, so I don't add much value to that.

Will this be an option potentially if available through the royal up program.

I'm not sure I see a question here.  Also not sure what you mean by, "...if we could upgrade for a discount to aquatheater...".  By "upgrade for a discount" are you talking about bidding on a RoyalUp and moving from the 2BR GS to a 2BR ATS for less than you would pay if you simply upgraded on your own ?

If you win a RU bid, you will be able to cancel any dining and/or drink packages that you have purchased as these things are included in the Star Class suite.

If there is a cabin open right now there is a real possibility that someone else is also contemplating the same decision and they may decide to pull the trigger now and pay for the upgrade.  If someone else does that there will be no ATS available for awarding through RoyalUp.

They may still take bids for an ATS just in case another booking changes their mind at the last minute but there is no guarantee that will happen.  They do take bids even if there are no actual suites available at the time of bidding.

If you run the numbers and it's in the ballpark of acceptable you are better to pull the trigger before someone else does.

2 hours ago, MarkFamMan said:

Thanks @twangster &  @WAAAYTOOO yes I was contemplating the upgrade vs royal up, and I didn't know if royal up, if cabin was available, was part of royal up since I am already in suite, granted a much lower level suite then 2BR ATS.

I’m currently in a 2br aquatheater on one of the March sailings on Wonder.  Royal up is still giving me the option to bid on the 2 higher level star class rooms on my sailing. At a minimum bid of $2500 per person, I just laughed. 

2 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

I’m currently in a 2br aquatheater on one of the March sailings on Wonder.  Royal up is still giving me the option to bid on the 2 higher level star class rooms on my sailing. At a minimum bid of $2500 per person, I just laughed. 

LOL thanks yeah at that price I would too...I'm just trying to justify it depending on Royal Up, it's not quite open yet, I'll disclose if it shows, and how much the range is.  My justification would be prepaid gratuities, deluxe beverage, specialty dining, and of course room.  Doubt I do it, unless it's like $500-750 a person ( 5 people).  

Just had a little win I wanted to share.  My wife and her sister are cruising together each with a daughter.  We originally booked interiors.  I bid on obstructed view balconies for both at $10 over the minimum and won both.  

The reservation that was just a guarantee room came in first, (two weeks before sailing) and the other came in today (4 days to sailing).

2 hours ago, Cruiser05 said:

If you bid on an upgrade you can't specify which floor you prefer correct? Also do you have to accept it once they approve of your upgrade?

Correct, and correct.  We bid on some, but I'm not thrilled that most of those suites are on 10, on Liberty, which is just below the pool deck.

I just won a JS bid today, super thrilled as its my first cruise. Really shocked TBH as there has only been 1 JS left for the last two weeks on a March Break Cruise, so surly it was a shot in the dark... Anyhow, I called RC and they said if another rooms becomes avail in the same category I can switch room numbers? I was under the impression these rooms were locked down once won? She also said I could Royalup on a Royalup win, and I would just pay the difference. Anyone know if that's true? 

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Cookie Harris said:

I have three cabins of two people booked. I got a Royal up email, does this mean all three cabins will be upgraded if won? Or are they putting all six people in one upgraded cabin and only charging two? Confused?

Each of those cabins should have a specific reservation number. When you submit a RoyalUp bid it will only be for that specific reservation.

1 hour ago, Cookie Harris said:

I have three cabins of two people booked. I got a Royal up email, does this mean all three cabins will be upgraded if won? Or are they putting all six people in one upgraded cabin and only charging two? Confused?

Royal up only applies to the cabin You are in, not any linked or payed for staterooms (other than your own). Each stateroom would have to place a Royal Up bid. If a royal Up is successful, the first two occupants in the winning SR would be charged. The same would hold true for each additional winning bid in the other 2 staterooms.  Linked reservations or multiple staterooms are not taken into consideration in the Third party run Royal Up program. You could end up with one successful bid and two not accepted and end up on different ends of the ship. 3 successful bids (very unlikely) could end up with your group of 6 in 3 different locations...