Jump to content

Labadee rumors


 Share

Recommended Posts

It is truly a shame that we don't have a live blog going for the cruise that goes to Labadee this week. I'll be checking their FB group though. I'm on the edge of my seat to know how it goes for our intrepid fellow cruisers! 😆

Edit: Just noticed that @nhilding10is on the sailing so I'm sure we'll get some news!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, S. Noble said:

It is truly a shame that we don't have a live blog going for the cruise that goes to Labadee this week. I'll be checking their FB group though. I'm on the edge of my seat to know how it goes for our intrepid fellow cruisers! 😆

Edit: Just noticed that @nhilding10is on the sailing so I'm sure we'll get some news!

I wish! We got the dreaded positive cases on Friday (both my son and I) and had to cancel at the last minute before we flew out, so I'm not on this sailing 😢 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2022 at 4:38 PM, CrimsonCruiser said:

noooooo T_T_T_T_T

I hope you guys aren't feeling it too bad

Thank you, we appreciate that. Luckily, and what seems very oddly, neither of us have had a single symptom or felt sick AT ALL. So while the test showed we were positive, otherwise we would have been none-the-wiser! Very lucky, no doubt, given some of the stories we've all seen and heard. I'll thank my lucky stars that's how we feel and consider us very blessed to already be looking at a replacement booking! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just received an email from RC yesterday that our Allure trip 2/19 will be rerouting to Labadee because Dom Rep’s port will be under construction.  Because of the change they are also changing  our St Kitts port to Nassau.  We’re disappointed as the St Kitts port was the reason we chose that sailing.  We’ve been to Nassau a few times already, and were not impressed with Labadee during a previous cruise.  Royal is not offering compensation and if we rebook to another ship with stops at ports that we want to see, we will need to pay the difference in fare.   Has anyone ever had luck in getting some kind of compensation when itinerary changes??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exciting! We're booked on Mariner February 12-17 for our 40th engagement anniversary, and scheduled to port at both Coco Cay & Labadee. We dreaded getting notice of an itinerary change to Nassau, so this news about Harmony in port on Thursday is fantastic! Last time we were at Labadee was 2018, so glad to be heading back.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 2:37 PM, Patchy said:

Labadee is officially ditched from the 2/11 Anthem sailing (and also ditching San Juan as well).  Replaced with Puerto Plata D.R. and St. Thomas instead.   

With the news about the construction delays in the DR, has RCL added Labadee back to Anthem's 2/11 itinerary? I am on Mariner 2/12 and RCL never changed our itinerary. Just curious.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RBo said:

With the news about the construction delays in the DR, has RCL added Labadee back to Anthem's 2/11 itinerary? I am on Mariner 2/12 and RCL never changed our itinerary. Just curious.

 

This construction delay seems bizarre bc the pier is finished.  Ships have stopped there…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2022 at 10:12 AM, PG Cruiser said:

Yay!  The Harmony made it to Labadee!

 

image.png.0bcd6935970fc1f0a9eee2f80567d09a.png

PG Cruiser, I love the cruise tracker widget you have at the bottom of your post. Is that something tied to an app or some other thing you found on the interwebs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RBo said:

With the news about the construction delays in the DR, has RCL added Labadee back to Anthem's 2/11 itinerary? I am on Mariner 2/12 and RCL never changed our itinerary. Just curious.

 

Haven’t heard anything about this yet. I will stay tuned and let you know!   Kinda getting excited now about Puerto Plata because the port area looks gorgeous, and St. Thomas’s beaches look amazing too.   But we would love to be at Labadee as well!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 9:47 AM, Matt said:

Matt, would love for you to come sail with our Group 4/23/-4/28 Mariner of the Seas.  Jessie Ritter Country Music Artist will perform for our group.  Special deal for [email protected] is my email..  big fan and subscriber  of your blogs and video's..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 11:28 AM, Diane LW said:

We just received an email from RC yesterday that our Allure trip 2/19 will be rerouting to Labadee because Dom Rep’s port will be under construction.  Because of the change they are also changing  our St Kitts port to Nassau.  We’re disappointed as the St Kitts port was the reason we chose that sailing.  We’ve been to Nassau a few times already, and were not impressed with Labadee during a previous cruise.  Royal is not offering compensation and if we rebook to another ship with stops at ports that we want to see, we will need to pay the difference in fare.   Has anyone ever had luck in getting some kind of compensation when itinerary changes??

Itinerary changes are always possible and I think even mentioned in the cruise contract that you accept the possibility it could happen. So I doubt you'll be getting any compensation outside of refunds for any excursions at the ports you're no longer visiting.

I suppose you could try to make use of the Cruise with Confidence but that's really your only option I think. (Other than just trying to make the best out of it - maybe trying new excursions at Labadee and treating nassau like a sea day or getting a day pass at a hotel?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 11:28 AM, Diane LW said:

We just received an email from RC yesterday that our Allure trip 2/19 will be rerouting to Labadee because Dom Rep’s port will be under construction.  Because of the change they are also changing  our St Kitts port to Nassau.  We’re disappointed as the St Kitts port was the reason we chose that sailing.  We’ve been to Nassau a few times already, and were not impressed with Labadee during a previous cruise.  Royal is not offering compensation and if we rebook to another ship with stops at ports that we want to see, we will need to pay the difference in fare.   Has anyone ever had luck in getting some kind of compensation when itinerary changes??

I'm a little late to chime in, but if you purchased travel insurance, it might include compensation for missed ports (which includes itinerary changes). I know my Allianz policies purchased from AAA include it.

Or, you could probably find a different cruise at a good price with the current sale. I recently cancelled and rebooked for a similar reason. I'm sure you'd have a good time on this one, but personally, I'd probably rebook and go where you really want...especially if you wouldn't be able to take a second cruise in the near future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...