For the first time since the cruise industry shutdown of 2020, Royal Caribbean returned to its private destination in Haiti at Labadee.
Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas visited Labadee on Thursday, and is the first ship to stop there since early 2020.
While Royal Caribbean's other private destination of Perfect Day at CocoCay was one of the first places cruise ships visited when the restart began in 2021, Labadee had yet to see a ship visit.
Up until today, scheduled visits to Labadee have been routinely cancelled and replaced with visits to other ports.
RoyalCaribbeanBlog readers Colby Burnett and Michael Krieger shared photos from their visit today.
With today's visit, it appears Royal Caribbean is once again prepared to return with regular visits.
It's not clear what prevented Royal Caribbean from sending ships to Labdee up until now, but the good news for cruise fans is the private paradise is open again.
Labadee is a 260-acre private destination that Royal Caribbean has operated since 1986, and was visited by both Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises ships.
Planning a Caribbean cruise? Check out these articles:
- 2022 Royal Caribbean Cruise Planning Guide
- Royal Caribbean ships by size
- What are the different types of cabins on a cruise ship?
- Comparing Royal Caribbean's Private Islands: CocoCay & Labadee
- What to expect on your first cruise
- Cruise FAQ: Saving Money
- The unwritten rules of going on a cruise
- Royal Caribbean frequently asked questons