American Express Offer

@AshleyDillowow, you saved me so much headache. Like @SpeedNoodles I had just now caught possible fraud and canceled my card and ordered a new one..

When I placed my AX on my Royal Up bids I realized it expired in November and I wanted to change the card before I was unable to do do BUT I never received my replacement card with my new expiration date, so I called. 

My card while not used yet was sent and activated in September, wait what?? Not by me. AX confirmed my address and said it was sent USPS first class. Okay therein lies the problem. I was able to cancel my card and order a new one, imagine my surprise when they said they were sending it USPS again, ah no thanks!

Moral here you guys saved me a lot of heartache, thank you so much. Oh, the new card is being sent FedEx by Monday, in time to modify my RU bids!

Thanks Again!! Great Community here!

On 10/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, AndrewPunch said:

Got $700 off our spring break cruise by making two separate payments, so yes if your spouse has a card check to see if they have offers as well. 

Pretty awesome! I have received $500 back from Amex already.  Charged $1500 with my Amex card with a Royal Caribbean Rep last Friday the 8th. $500 was credited this past Thursday. Very quick turnaround. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

To me it is not clear on how and why you get this on your Amex Card. My wife and I have in total 4 different American Express cards and only on one showed the offer. For me it was: spend $500, get $200 back - a no-brainer. The statement credit showed up 2 days after my purchase. I would check special offers on your cards after every billing cycle. What I have observed is that offers seem to change thereafter.

Markus

48 minutes ago, Cb2129 said:

I saw and added the $350 back when you spend $1000 offer to my card, but now when I went to book a cruise the offer is gone. It said valid until 12/31/21. As this happened to anyone else? 

If you clicked to add to your card, it should have moved the offer to your Added to Card tab. When these offers appear you have to actually click the Add to Card to save it to your account. American Express limits the total numbers of offers than be saved to cards, so you have to claim them when you see them. It shouldn't disappear after being added and you'll have until the expiration to use it.

image.png.26459184a0a7e618f3cf6aab53158820.png

Shoot, I looked through all my offers and didn't see this one. I would have LOVED to use it for a Royal Up bid for sure. I have never used my Amex for anything travel because we have a AAA Bank of America card that makes it worth it to use, I wonder if that's why? I wonder if I call if they would hook me up - I haven't used my Amex in like six months. 

• 1 month later...

How long does it take to get your money back, once you made all the purchases to RC? 

I didn't do $1000 in one sitting but i've paid over 1000 to RC, which i believe is also allowed, since adding this reward to my card. It's still before the exp date at the end of the month.  so the offer is still valid. 

@D Alt Go over the terms, they are very very specific. I was able to get back the 350.00 on my card & 500.00 on Mr. Cabash but our deal specifically said at Royal Caribbean.com & I missed that first time out. 

I placed one of the cards as the on board card in November & then used mine to purchase a watch I was looking at, I was like why not save 500.00, nope! When I came home the deal was not processing so I checked the purchases and the on board account charges were from Royal Caribbean not Royal Caribbean.com. I called AMEX & they would not budge. 

Well I was getting those monies so I hit that Cyber Monday sale and purchased everything I needed for my sailings in 2022 at Royal Caribbean.com & I received the credits within the week. So I spent 2,500 on things I was going to purchase anyway & received 850.00 back.

I was going to spend it anyway in the near future, but I really didn't NEED that Tag watch! 

See @AshleyDillo above the monies will be noted under "savings" before they appear on your actual account. 

11 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@D Alt Go over the terms, they are very very specific. I was able to get back the 350.00 on my card & 500.00 on Mr. Cabash but our deal specifically said at Royal Caribbean.com & I missed that first time out. 

I placed one of the cards as the on board card in November & then used mine to purchase a watch I was looking at, I was like why not save 500.00, nope! When I came home the deal was not processing so I checked the purchases and the on board account charges were from Royal Caribbean not Royal Caribbean.com. I called AMEX & they would not budge. 

Well I was getting those monies so I hit that Cyber Monday sale and purchased everything I needed for my sailings in 2022 at Royal Caribbean.com & I received the credits within the week. So I spent 2,500 on things I was going to purchase anyway & received 850.00 back.

I was going to spend it anyway in the near future, but I really didn't NEED that Tag watch! 

See @AshleyDillo above the monies will be noted under "savings" before they appear on your actual account. 

thanks, yes i am referring to purchases on RC.com too, not onboard purchases. I actually see it now on the rewards page as Redeemed $350.. and it can take up to 90 days.