Jump to content

When to book flights?


Recommended Posts

I've never had to book flights for a cruise before. We would be flying from Orlando to Seattle in May 2022 for an Alaskan cruise.  When would be a good time to book these flights? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you book through Air2Sea, the flights are refundable up until final payment (for your cruise) so if they price drops, you can re-price your flight.  It's a no-brainer.  Book it as soon as fares are released and watch prices.

Thanks! I just booked our flights on Air2Sea so we're all set! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you book through Air2Sea, the flights are refundable up until final payment (for your cruise) so if they price drops, you can re-price your flight.  It's a no-brainer.  Book it as soon as fares are released and watch prices.

How do you go about repricing Air2Sea flights? Do I just call Royal if I see a lower price or do I have to somehow cancel and rebook? I just made my first booking for a San Juan cruise next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, DDaley said:

How do you go about repricing Air2Sea flights? Do I just call Royal if I see a lower price or do I have to somehow cancel and rebook? I just made my first booking for a San Juan cruise next year. 

You can check Air2Sea rates after you book. If the price drops, just call Air2Sea back and get the new price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, DDaley said:

How do you go about repricing Air2Sea flights? Do I just call Royal if I see a lower price or do I have to somehow cancel and rebook? I just made my first booking for a San Juan cruise next year. 

I track it pretty much the same way I track my cabin prices. I only book Delta, so each day or two, I check on my Delta app if the price has changed and if it did, I just call Air2Sea directly, not Royal. If the price has dropped on Delta direct, it’s dropped each time on Air2Sea as well. It’s easy. I’ve done it several times now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, CFL said:

I've never had to book flights for a cruise before. We would be flying from Orlando to Seattle in May 2022 for an Alaskan cruise.  When would be a good time to book these flights? 

Our next cruise is in May 2022. We booked flights about a week ago. Glad to hear you're all set as well! I'll bet you feel better knowing they're booked ?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 14Terry said:

Our next cruise is in May 2022. We booked flights about a week ago. Glad to hear you're all set as well! I'll bet you feel better knowing they're booked ?!

Yes... so relieved to have it booked!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I track it pretty much the same way I track my cabin prices. I only book Delta, so each day or two, I check on my Delta app if the price has changed and if it did, I just call Air2Sea directly, not Royal. If the price has dropped on Delta direct, it’s dropped each time on Air2Sea as well. It’s easy. I’ve done it several times now.

@Lovetocruise2002do you still get sky miles thru Delta when booking Air2Sea?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MicDay said:

@Lovetocruise2002do you still get sky miles thru Delta when booking Air2Sea?

I sure hope so!  They asked for my sky miles number when booking and after I booked, my tickets appeared on my Delta app.  I'm not taking that flight until December so I won't know for certain until then but all signs point to yes.

Maybe @twangsterknows.  He is a frequent Delta flyer too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I sure hope so!  They asked for my sky miles number when booking and after I booked, my tickets appeared on my Delta app.  I'm not taking that flight until December so I won't know for certain until then but all signs point to yes.

Maybe @twangsterknows.  He is a frequent Delta flyer too.

I'll answer with an absolutely positive... MAYBE.  

Delta has fare classes that don't qualify for miles.  Most air carrier do.  My experience has been that A2S flights on Delta worked no different compared to booking direct with Delta.  I even got upgraded on some flights and my free checked luggage worked normally.  However I know that Delta has wholesale arrangements that don't get all the normal things and it's entirely possible at some point A2S might book one of those some day.  It all depends.

I don't want to suggest just because my flights earned miles that will absolutely always be the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...