New to Royal Caribbean - sailing in a suite

I am sailing in the UK on Anthem in a couple of weeks time.

I've sailed with a couple of other lines before but never Royal Caribbean.

We bid on some suites in Royal Up and have been notified we have been upgraded to a Sky Loft! We only bid because we haven't been away for so long and wanted to have a great break while we had the chance, didn't actually think we would win the bid! Now I realise I don't know much about sailing in a suite on Royal Caribbean..!! I have seen the list of what is included on the website, but wondered if there's anything we shouldn't miss... or anything that has changed because of Covid?

Thanks for your help :)

Sailed Anthem 3 times and each in a Grand Suite. Everyone raves about Coastal Kitchen, us included (although didn't take full advantage and only ate a few meals there). Also, the Sun Deck (accessible AFT just before area with bumper cars, etc) is a nice quiet spot to enjoy.

A lot of the time suite perks were wasted on us :). Enjoy he cruise! 

Welcome to the suite life!

Haven't had the chance to partake in a suite in an oasis class but I imagine complimentary room service is offered across all ships. 

I highly recommend it! Especially on boarding day and for early port days. Not having to plan in time to get properly dressed for breakfast in public or having to fight the crowds on boarding day for lunch/dinner is really one of my favorite perks.

Also... Pocket the soaps. They're good soaps. And the scent will remind you of cruising when you're on land lol

3 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Only Star class would be able to do that.

Actually, I'm not sure that's entirely true.  I think it will depend on where your suite is located and what meal you are ordering.  If you are up on 17 on an O class ship, the CK is the closest kitchen and if I am not mistaken, I believe that breakfast room service does come from the CK b/c that menu is pretty generic.  For lunch and/or dinner, you are correct...your room service will come from the MDR off the MDR or Room Service menu.  Who knows what the rules will be once cruising resumes.  I imagine there will be lots of changes.

On lobster night, everyone wants MDR except hubby who would like CK’s seared scallops.  So I could ask them to send tails for 4 (maybe 16 tails?) and the Moroccan chicken dish to CK or just the one seared scallop dish to the MDR.  I know what sounds easier but….   Would they bat an eye at sending that much to CK?

24 minutes ago, Pooch said:

On lobster night, everyone wants MDR except hubby who would like CK’s seared scallops.  So I could ask them to send tails for 4 (maybe 16 tails?) and the Moroccan chicken dish to CK or just the one seared scallop dish to the MDR.  I know what sounds easier but….   Would they bat an eye at sending that much to CK?

I'm absolutely certain that they would bring the lobster tails up to the CK.  They are used to doing that.  I don't see why they wouldn't bring the chicken dish to the CK as well.  They will NOT do the opposite....in other words you cannot ask them to bring CK food to the MDR (I agree it seems easier to ask them to bring 1 dish from the CK down to the MDR rather than a bunch of food from the MDR, up, but they will not do that).  As I've mentioned before, if you are planning on doing this (and I think it would be just fine) make sure they know ahead of time so that they have the food on hand or a plan to get it without scurrying about.

The last time we were on Oasis, I asked the CK waiter to bring me some cream of mushroom soup from Chops.  A few minutes later the Head Waiter came over and said that they could not do that b/c it would be a sanitation issue.  I knew full well that was BS since I've gotten Cream of Mushroom Soup plenty of times in the CK.  I said "fine"...I wasn't going to make a fuss.  A little while later, my Cream of Mushroom soup arrived. I'm not sure if being Star Class had anything to do with it but I was grateful that I got my soup !  I don't think it's nearly as big a deal to have MDR food brought to you in the CK (or any of the specialty restaurants, BTW) but I certainly understood if they couldn't do the Chops soup.  I was still happy to get it !