Jump to content

Cruise Director hint?


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Symphony is currently in dry dock in Cadiz, Spain 

Yep! I stalk her location every morning to see if she's moved yet. ? I am hoping that because it is just a technical dry dock, she won't be over there for too long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jill said:

She’ll be out soon. Just an early technical dry dock. As long as she’s out, test sailed, passes and ready by October 23, I’m good! 

I am still trying to hold on to a glimmer of hope for my July 17th sailing. But each day she remains in dry dock plus 10 day journey to Miami, test cruise, crew vaccinated, ship fully staffed, etc it’s harder and harder to see it happening.

but I am very happy for you and share your confidence in your October sailing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

I am still trying to hold on to a glimmer of hope for my July 17th sailing. But each day she remains in dry dock plus 10 day journey to Miami, test cruise, crew vaccinated, ship fully staffed, etc it’s harder and harder to see it happening.

but I am very happy for you and share your confidence in your October sailing!

What would be interesting to know is what is the makeup of these cruises already booked? They have everyone’s age at time of booking. I would imagine a July sailing would have lots of kids so yes, a test sailing needed. I would guess my October would have few kids. I wonder if the status of a ship can change from sailing to sailing depending on how many kids there are. I’m really hoping these hybrid cruises aren’t going to require masks everywhere and on everyone, even vaccinated. That’d be a real bummer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

I am still trying to hold on to a glimmer of hope for my July 17th sailing. But each day she remains in dry dock plus 10 day journey to Miami, test cruise, crew vaccinated, ship fully staffed, etc it’s harder and harder to see it happening.

but I am very happy for you and share your confidence in your October sailing!

from what I read here they will be starting the quarantine this week on another ship which also means they can get vaccinated this week also. the ship should be finished by the 10th. days to get back gives you the 20th and 3 day test cruise and you are ready to go July 3rd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, OutToSea said:

from what I read here they will be starting the quarantine this week on another ship which also means they can get vaccinated this week also. the ship should be finished by the 10th. days to get back gives you the 20th and 3 day test cruise and you are ready to go July 3rd. 

What indication do you have that the ship will be leaving by June 10th?

What indication do you have that Royal has applied for test sailing for the Symphony? Maybe they will try the vaccinated option which currently runs afoul of FL law

What indication do you have that if Royal has applied for test sailing for the Symphony that the test sailing would take place in June?

What indication do you have that the ship has been fully crewed and when vaccinations will start? Will they use J&J one shot vaccine or Moderna/Pfizer which require 2-3 weeks between shots and 2 weeks for maximum effectiveness? 

Do you have inside info other than some cruise director? 

Not to be harsh here, but there are too many unknowns out there right now regarding July cruises. 

BUT, and let me drag out my dead horse to beat on, Royal could clear all this up by announcing their plans for July. Some fully paid customers are now within 30 days of their sail date and have ZERO idea if they will still be cruising or their sailings cancelled. THIRTY DAYS away. Its unacceptable at this point. Royal needs to announce their plans for July by Friday at the latest this week. They are now operating in bad faith with their paid customers and are risking future business. Carnival and NCL have already announced July plans. Its time for Royal to announce

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What indication do you have that the ship will be leaving by June 10th?

this type of service generally takes 2 weeks

What indication do you have that Royal has applied for test sailing for the Symphony? Maybe they will try the vaccinated option which currently runs afoul of FL law

they can apply anytime its a 5 day approval return 

What indication do you have that if Royal has applied for test sailing for the Symphony that the test sailing would take place in June?

they can do it later in the month 

 

What indication do you have that the ship has been fully crewed and when vaccinations will start? Will they use J&J one shot vaccine or Moderna/Pfizer which require 2-3 weeks between shots and 2 weeks for maximum effectiveness? 

if they started now that would make it beginning of July. they seem to be stock piling employes on ships not in service yet. If they where smart you would get the first shot before you go into quarantine. but they are not required to have vacinations if they do a test cruise

Do you have inside info other than some cruise director? 

yes and no. I am just laying out a time line of how it can happen. I have a good contact inside but I am not using them in this case.

Not to be harsh here, but there are too many unknowns out there right now regarding July cruises. 

If you are uncomfortable with delay just cancel your cruise simple as that. We are taking the tact that lets wait and have them give there best shot to get it going.

as for bad faith it would only be that if they do not cruise. if they do cruise they are meeting there obligations.

 

BUT, and let me drag out my dead horse to beat on, Royal could clear all this up by announcing their plans for July. Some fully paid customers are now within 30 days of their sail date and have ZERO idea if they will still be cruising or their sailings cancelled. THIRTY DAYS away. Its unacceptable at this point. Royal needs to announce their plans for July by Friday at the latest this week. They are now operating in bad faith with their paid customers and are risking future business. Carnival and NCL have already announced July plans. Its time for Royal to announce

 

I am looking at this from a positive side. if they cancel they do and I can arrange other plans. Been waiting 3 years for this cruise hope to see you at port terminal in a few weeks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, OutToSea said:

What indication do you have that the ship will be leaving by June 10th?

this type of service generally takes 2 weeks

What indication do you have that Royal has applied for test sailing for the Symphony? Maybe they will try the vaccinated option which currently runs afoul of FL law

they can apply anytime its a 5 day approval return 

What indication do you have that if Royal has applied for test sailing for the Symphony that the test sailing would take place in June?

they can do it later in the month 

 

What indication do you have that the ship has been fully crewed and when vaccinations will start? Will they use J&J one shot vaccine or Moderna/Pfizer which require 2-3 weeks between shots and 2 weeks for maximum effectiveness? 

if they started now that would make it beginning of July. they seem to be stock piling employes on ships not in service yet. If they where smart you would get the first shot before you go into quarantine. but they are not required to have vacinations if they do a test cruise

Do you have inside info other than some cruise director? 

yes and no. I am just laying out a time line of how it can happen. I have a good contact inside but I am not using them in this case.

Not to be harsh here, but there are too many unknowns out there right now regarding July cruises. 

If you are uncomfortable with delay just cancel your cruise simple as that. We are taking the tact that lets wait and have them give there best shot to get it going.

as for bad faith it would only be that if they do not cruise. if they do cruise they are meeting there obligations.

 

BUT, and let me drag out my dead horse to beat on, Royal could clear all this up by announcing their plans for July. Some fully paid customers are now within 30 days of their sail date and have ZERO idea if they will still be cruising or their sailings cancelled. THIRTY DAYS away. Its unacceptable at this point. Royal needs to announce their plans for July by Friday at the latest this week. They are now operating in bad faith with their paid customers and are risking future business. Carnival and NCL have already announced July plans. Its time for Royal to announce

 

I am looking at this from a positive side. if they cancel they do and I can arrange other plans. Been waiting 3 years for this cruise hope to see you at port terminal in a few weeks

Symphony has been in dry dock since May 20th. They are 6 hours ahead of us which means 2 weeks would be tomorrow. You really think Symphony is leaving Cadiz tomorrow? 

Admittedly, you have zero idea of a. If Royal has applied for test sailings. b. if they had, has it been approved. There are 6 test sailings currently waiting for CDC approval and 4 approved. 

Vaccines. If they have unvaccinated crew and got vaccines even tomorrow, which wont happen, 2nd does if needed depending on vaccine wouldnt be until June 17 or 24. Symphonys fist listed sailing is July 3rd out of Miami. 

I want you to tell me how logistically it will be possible for Symphony to sail out of Miami on July 3rd on a revenue sailing within 31 days? I like my positivity/optimism sprinkled with a little reallity

Dont get me wrong, I would love to be sailing on July 17th. As to why I do not cancel, I have already planned by summer around this cruise. My step daughter has a shortened summer this year because of Covid. Out on June 11 and return August 15 and my other step daughter is a college student. My wife and I have requested vacations from our jobs that have been approved. My youngest step daughter also spends two weeks with her Father in the summer. If there is a way, we would like to cruise on July 17th as planned. We picked that date in Nov 2020 for the reasons stated above. 

And yes, you can still book the July 3rd sailing out of Miami on Symphony so they are operating in bad faith when Royal knows full well they are not sailing on that date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Symphony has been in dry dock since May 20th. They are 6 hours ahead of us which means 2 weeks would be tomorrow. You really think Symphony is leaving Cadiz tomorrow? 

Admittedly, you have zero idea of a. If Royal has applied for test sailings. b. if they had, has it been approved. There are 6 test sailings currently waiting for CDC approval and 4 approved. 

Vaccines. If they have unvaccinated crew and got vaccines even tomorrow, which wont happen, 2nd does if needed depending on vaccine wouldnt be until June 17 or 24. Symphonys fist listed sailing is July 3rd out of Miami. 

I want you to tell me how logistically it will be possible for Symphony to sail out of Miami on July 3rd on a revenue sailing within 31 days? I like my positivity/optimism sprinkled with a little reallity

Dont get me wrong, I would love to be sailing on July 17th. As to why I do not cancel, I have already planned by summer around this cruise. My step daughter has a shortened summer this year because of Covid. Out on June 11 and return August 15 and my other step daughter is a college student. My wife and I have requested vacations from our jobs that have been approved. My youngest step daughter also spends two weeks with her Father in the summer. If there is a way, we would like to cruise on July 17th as planned. We picked that date in Nov 2020 for the reasons stated above. 

And yes, you can still book the July 3rd sailing out of Miami on Symphony so they are operating in bad faith when Royal knows full well they are not sailing on that date.

I just found this on cruisemapper when I was looking for dry dock schedule. This sounds like she’s in dry dock through June ? 

The ship's first drydock was a month-long project (May 20 thru June 2021) at Navantia Shipyard in Cadiz Spain. The drydocking was for routine maintenance works (done to cruise ships usually every 5 years) to keep them properly maintained. Symphony OTS's 2021 drydock included mainly technical works (propellers, fin stabilizers, bottom valves, hull painting) and classification inspection.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Symphony-Of-The-Seas-1730

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jill said:

I just found this on cruisemapper when I was looking for dry dock schedule. This sounds like she’s in dry dock through June ? 

The ship's first drydock was a month-long project (May 20 thru June 2021) at Navantia Shipyard in Cadiz Spain. The drydocking was for routine maintenance works (done to cruise ships usually every 5 years) to keep them properly maintained. Symphony OTS's 2021 drydock included mainly technical works (propellers, fin stabilizers, bottom valves, hull painting) and classification inspection.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Symphony-Of-The-Seas-1730

Thanks for finding this. 

SO, if we take this source at face value and nothing has changed, we can conclude that Symphony entered dry dock on May 20 for month long dry dock which would put it out of dry dock on June 20th of course assuming that the schedule of maintenance isnt expedited. 

Lets say, its completed in dry dock on June 20th with a sail to Miami of 10 days, that puts us at June 30th. 

How does it sail on July 3rd on a revenue cruise? 

What say ye, @OutToSea ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jill said:

@UNCFanatikfound this too. Harmony was in back in April for “nearly” a month for maintenance and classification inspection. When oasis was Amp’d that was a 50 day stay. 
 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25060-royal-caribbean-s-symphony-of-the-seas-enters-drydock.html

Thanks again!

Even at "nearly" a month from May 20th, it still cast huge doubt that the Symphony will sail on July 3rd on revenue cruises.

Royal knows this but I guess they feel no obligation to inform its Symphony July customers that have fully paid of their intent or plan for July. Especially those with July 3rd sailing. Unacceptable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Freedom is doing a June test cruise out of Miami right? They are scheduled to sail out of New Jersey this summer and not Miami?  What if the plans are to cancel the NJ season for a Caribbean season on Freedom out of Miami.  They are holding off on the July cancellations til they have all the new Freedom itineraries ready to go..so then they do a one-two punch with the good news..hey Freedom is sailing out of Miami but the other ships are canceled..but you can call us and switch to a new Freedom sailing and still cruise this summer!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

Thanks again!

Even at "nearly" a month from May 20th, it still cast huge doubt that the Symphony will sail on July 3rd on revenue cruises.

Royal knows this but I guess they feel no obligation to inform its Symphony July customers that have fully paid of their intent or plan for July. Especially those with July 3rd sailing. Unacceptable

they are not being amped so that number really does not mater generally the drydock they are doing is usually around 2 weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OutToSea said:

they are not being amped so that number really does not mater generally the drydock they are doing is usually around 2 weeks. 

So the article is wrong but you are right? Gotcha.

And IF you are right they should be leaving dry dock tomorrow which is 2 weeks from May 20th. You want to stick with that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

Thanks again!

Even at "nearly" a month from May 20th, it still cast huge doubt that the Symphony will sail on July 3rd on revenue cruises.

Royal knows this but I guess they feel no obligation to inform its Symphony July customers that have fully paid of their intent or plan for July. Especially those with July 3rd sailing. Unacceptable

And Liberty’s dry dock will follow Symphony’s in Cadiz.    Same story - still selling July cruises for Liberty out of Galveston. They have not been canceled, and she will be in Spain. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

 

sym.png

Specific to this latest update, and the Cruise Director hints, on the test sailings for Allure and Symphony, just now at 10:22 am Marc "Bing Bong" Walker has announced on Facebook that there will be a "Bing Bong update soon".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...