Anyone stayed here? Oasis Ultimate Panoramic Suite

Hello fellow cruiser's,

Has anyone stayed in this suite? We are thinking about doing this but it's not cheap by any means and wanted to know someone's first hand experience. Things we are curious about are: the views, are they that good as we have watched several videos but videos can't really give a true feeling of what you are seeing. Did you really utilize all that living space? What did you ask the Genie to do for you? We don't stay in Star class because we feel awkward about asking someone to do something we can do ourselves. 

Edited by 12thman
Edit title

• 12thman changed the title to Anyone stayed here? Oasis Ultimate Panoramic Suite
17 minutes ago, jack_c4321 said:

I've never stayed there, but I do know that these suites do not have balconies or outdoor space. 

There was also another thread on this, and someone shared a video about this room. The views do look pretty spectacular though.

We watched that video I'll have to dig more to find a review. Thought one of the veteran members said they were doing this hopefully someone will chime in. Did you notice in that video they both have Pinnacle pins? They must live on cruise ships to be at that level and appear to be so young.   

@12thmanthat is probably one of the best videos you are going to find about that particular stateroom.  There is not much info out there on it even amongst star class cruisers.  I am guessing that is due to Oasis adding that over the latest amp and then covid shut things down shortly after that.

And about the other topic, I have always wondered if they are actually Pinnacle or if they got them by default since they are the godfamily of Symphony of the Seas.....

13 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@12thmanthat is probably one of the best videos you are going to find about that particular stateroom.  There is not much info out there on it even amongst star class cruisers.  I am guessing that is due to Oasis adding that over the latest amp and then covid shut things down shortly after that.

And about the other topic, I have always wondered if they are actually Pinnacle or if they got them by default since they are the godfamily of Symphony of the Seas.....

What do you mean by "Pinnacle or if they got them by default since they are the godfamily of Symphony of the Seas"? Who are they? 

I had one booked and did a lot of research.  I was eagerly waiting for the cruise confident my 2022 sail date would be spared from the pandemic but then Royal chartered the ship on that date and they cancelled my cruise.  Ugh.

When the latest round of Oasis bookings were opened I had to choose between the UP on deck 14 forward and the GPS on deck 17.  Both are Star Class and both were relatively close in price on that day.  I love being close to the SL and CK and I do like having a balcony so I booked the GPS and let the UP go.  

Right next door to the UP Suites are a bunch of 1L Panoramic Ocean View that are not suites and substantially less expensive yet they have the same forward views from above the bridge.  If its the view you seek, look for some reviews of the 1L cabins.

30 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have always assumed they were gifted Pinnacle status but don't know for sure.

There are some privacy concerns with the UP.  The windows are not tinted so while in port a set of binoculars or telephoto lens will be able to look right into the cabin.  Also the balcony cabins on deck 14 can look forward into the UP windows so expect to have the rear shades closed most of the time.  

The more I've thought about, the less I was drawn to them.  I got a great rate when they first opened so maybe it was a blessing my cruise was chartered.  I'm much happier in the GPS hoping it doesn't get cancelled with another charter.  

I may do a 1L panoramic ocean view at some point just for the view which was the most compelling reason to do the UP in the first place. 

To show you how twisted my sense of humor is I was on Anthem when we pulled into San Juan beside Oasis.  As I looked right into the UP cabin knowing I had booked that very suite I was tempted to buy a blow up Barbie and Ken life size doll set thinking I could place them is various positions when I was out of the UP cabin because you can see into these cabins while in port or if another ship is right beside you.

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

I had one booked and did a lot of research.  I was eagerly waiting for the cruise confident my 2022 sail date would be spared from the pandemic but then Royal chartered the ship on that date and they cancelled my cruise.  Ugh.

When the latest round of Oasis bookings were opened I had to choose between the UP on deck 14 forward and the GPS on deck 17.  Both are Star Class and both were relatively close in price on that day.  I love being close to the SL and CK and I do like having a balcony so I booked the GPS and let the UP go.  

Right next door to the UP Suites are a bunch of 1L Panoramic Ocean View that are not suites and substantially less expensive yet they have the same forward views from above the bridge.  If its the view you seek, look for some reviews of the 1L cabins.

Thanks for this, just checked and POV are gone already. Can't believe your cruise NEXT year is cancelled! WOW!! Better now than a few months away...

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

To show you how twisted my sense of humor is I was on Anthem when we pulled into San Juan beside Oasis.  As I looked right into the UP cabin knowing I had booked that very suite I was tempted to buy a blow up Barbie and Ken life size doll set thinking I could place them is various positions when I was out of the UP cabin because you can see into these cabins while in port or if another ship is right beside you.

You know a place in MIA where I can get Ken and Barbie? I'd do it!! 

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

I don't think you're helping the OP's thought process on whether or not to book that room.

or then again maybe you've made it an easy choice.

Honestly I've long thought the UP suites should be reclassified to Sky Class and drop the price just a bit but it seems they have raised the UP prices since I was interested in them.  The thought of ordering Chops for in suite dining in the Star Class program just isn't same sitting in a UP living room with few views outside, might as well go to Chops.

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

Honestly I've long thought the UP suites should be reclassified to Sky Class and drop the price just a bit but it seems they have raised the UP prices since I was interested in them.

My vote is for Sky class no Genie needed. It's going to cost a shine new nickel to do this so we are looking at all options.

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

Your best time to score ideal pricing is the week they open future dates.  I was under $4,400 for two guests total on a 7 night Caribbean cruise in the UP plus I had $400 in NextCruise OBC.  Given the cost of UDP, DX, Voom and gratuity that are included it was a steal.  Such a shame it was chartered.  

That's a steal!! Especially since my price is 4 times what you paid and no OBC!! Did you do the bridge tour? That's why we wanted this suite because we did the bridge tour and the views especially down the side and over the ship you don't get anywhere else that I'm aware of. If this ship every does an Alaska cruise we'd do this suite hands down! It's just my wallet is already saying no more. We gone booking happy...

23 minutes ago, 12thman said:

That's a steal!! Especially since my price is 4 times what you paid and no OBC!! Did you do the bridge tour? That's why we wanted this suite because we did the bridge tour and the views especially down the side and over the ship you don't get anywhere else that I'm aware of. If this ship every does an Alaska cruise we'd do this suite hands down! It's just my wallet is already saying no more. We gone booking happy...

You can go on the public outer deck above these suites in front of the Solarium and look down the sides of the ship.  

These suites would be killer in Alaska, perfect for watching for marine life.  

Carlos and Alexa did a movie called Love at Sea, which was primarily filmed on Harmony of the Seas.

It's Hallmark, so it's kinda campy, but I totally enjoyed watching it and checking out that beautiful ship!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/blog/carlos-and-alexa-penavega-talk-about-their-new-film-love-at-sea/

They stayed in that panoramic cabin, so you can definitely see what it's like.

17 hours ago, twangster said:

I was tempted to buy a blow up Barbie and Ken life size doll set thinking I could place them is various positions when I was out of the UP cabin because you can see into these cabins while in port or if another ship is right beside you.

Like putting the blow ups in chairs using tablets?

On 5/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, twangster said:

Your best time to score ideal pricing is the week they open future dates.  I was under $4,400 for two guests total on a 7 night Caribbean cruise in the UP plus I had $400 in NextCruise OBC.  Given the cost of UDP, DX, Voom and gratuity that are included it was a steal.  Such a shame it was chartered.  

Ditto.  I got Oasis UP cabin 14528 for the 4/17/22 sailing for under $4.5K the day it opened for booking.  Star class at that price feels like GTA.  Not sure how I feel about not having a balcony, but I can just schlep myself up the stairs right near the cabin and be on the pool deck.  I'll take those odds.

At the very least, I think it'll be a fun change of pace.  I'm usually on 17 in an L1 or L2.