Royal Caribbean Blog

Odyssey Crew Member Vlog Getting Ready For the Restart

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's me! Last week I had the same on four different cruises.  This latest price drop puts $100+ in my pocket over a two week period.  And that's before any cruise planner price drops.   It

Interesting in a number of ways, including some features of a JS like lighting and motorized drapes. In quarantine as part of the arrival protocols.  

You can go here to the PEOPLE CONNECT topic under the Community heading and then select the MASTER CRUISE LIST. There you will find listings by date for those of us who have submitted our cruise plans

Posted Images

Thanks for sharing @twangster didn't know about this until I came across this thread. Subscribed and looking forward to following more videos, and going through the ones he has already created 🙂 Odyssey is a beautiful ship. We went on Ovation 2 years ago to Alaska and loved it so I know this ship is going to be spectacular with even more amenities onboard.

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Maybe @Matt should get in touch with some of the Odyssey YouTubers and get some content for a future blog post.  I'm sure they'd love to provide some content in exchange for a plug of their YouTube channel.

There was a crew member on @Matt's YouTube live stream yesterday.  He even contributed a few super chats.   

@twangsterThis is awesome, thanks for all the finds! I am subscribing to each and every one!

Keep them coming. I am tempted to book the 5-night inaugural sailing on 11/15 in a solo studio balcony room, what are the odds you think of it happening? My TA thinks sailings could begin from the US by end of summer so I am hoping that is the case! I sooo wanna go on this ship! I went on Ovation and it was epic and Odyssey looks even more epic from a Quantum-Ultra class ship.

11 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

@twangsterThis is awesome, thanks for all the finds! I am subscribing to each and every one!

Keep them coming. I am tempted to book the 5-night inaugural sailing on 11/15 in a solo studio balcony room, what are the odds you think of it happening? My TA thinks sailings could begin from the US by end of summer so I am hoping that is the case! I sooo wanna go on this ship! I went on Ovation and it was epic and Odyssey looks even more epic from a Quantum-Ultra class ship.

Odyssey has solo studio rooms? Now I am intrigued.

7 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

A 2F studio balcony popped open on the 11/15 sailing a few weeks ago but didn't last long.  I looked at it but for a few hundred more I decided to go for double points.  Absent of the double points promo the 2F is fine and some have really deep balconies.    An extra 10 points for a 2E obstructed balcony was worth a few hundred for me.

It's far enough away that asking your TA for a waitlist is a solid strategy.

It's also only 5 nights so consider an interior or virtual balcony with a waitlist to something better or just sail in an interior.  Same beautiful ship, same activities.  How long do you spend in your cabin?

Once ships restart or when Odyssey starts in Haifa it will sell out quickly so don't think too long or you'll be watching it on social media. 

Just keep in mind no double CAS points for studio cabins.

Normally a studio is 1x points.  A double occupancy cabin is 2x points when solo.

With the double points promo 1x becomes 2x, 2x becomes 4x for solo.

For example:

Five night cruise normally = 5 points in a studio cabin.

Five night cruise normally = 10 points for a solo in any cabin that isn't a studio cabin.

With the double points promo:

Five night cruise = 10 points in a studio cabin.

Five night cruise = 20 points for a solo in any cabin that isn't a studio cabin.

Same logic for suites,  Solo in a suite with double points promo is 6 x # of nights in points.

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

Just keep in mind no double CAS points for studio cabins.

Normally a studio is 1x points.  A double occupancy cabin is 2x points when solo.

With the double points promo 1x becomes 2x, 2x becomes 4x for solo.

For example:

Five night cruise normally = 5 points in a studio cabin.

Five night cruise normally = 10 points for a solo in any cabin that isn't a studio cabin.

With the double points promo:

Five night cruise = 10 points in a studio cabin.

Five night cruise = 20 points for a solo in any cabin that isn't a studio cabin.

Same logic for suites,  Solo in a suite with double points promo is 6x points.

Yeah the 20 points would be better than 10. Gotta get that push to D+ complete.