Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

OK, I know I am opening myself up and I welcome all feedback so here goes.

I have a July 17 cruise scheduled on the Symphony of the Seas out of Miami that I have fully paid. 

What would you experienced cruisers recommend:

1. Keep July 17th cruise scheduled in hopes that it sails

1a. Keep July 17th cruise and if its cancelled, receive 125% FCC and MAYBE receive extra cruise credit on Cruise Planner Purchases

OR since I dont wait to keep the family waiting until next summer for their first cruise (i have been on cruises previously) and we were scheduled for cruise in summer 2020 that was cancelled:

2. Cancel July cruise and go ahead and book Thanksgiving week cruise on Oasis of the Seas or Symphony of the Seas out of Miami

2a. put refundable deposit down on Thanksgiving week cruise to lock in price and wait and see if July cruise is cancelled so I will not miss out on any extra FCC that Royal may give me for them cancelling July Cruise. And then roll money into the Thanksgiving week cruise

I am so conflicted because of the roller coaster ride of whether or not the CDC will let July cruises happen and then the thought of maybe relaxed protocols on Thanksgiving cruise

AND on top of all that the normal concern of Hurricane season for a July cruise

*edited to add. I am welcome to any suggestions in addition to what I have come up with this far

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Wait until RC cancels it then book the Thanksgiving cruise.

 

18 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

OK, I know I am opening myself up and I welcome all feedback so here goes.

I have a July 17 cruise scheduled on the Symphony of the Seas out of Miami that I have fully paid. 

What would you experienced cruisers recommend:

1. Keep July 17th cruise scheduled in hopes that it sails

1a. Keep July 17th cruise and if its cancelled, receive 125% FCC and MAYBE receive extra cruise credit on Cruise Planner Purchases

OR since I dont wait to keep the family waiting until next summer for their first cruise (i have been on cruises previously) and we were scheduled for cruise in summer 2020 that was cancelled:

2. Cancel July cruise and go ahead and book Thanksgiving week cruise on Oasis of the Seas or Symphony of the Seas out of Miami

2a. put refundable deposit down on Thanksgiving week cruise to lock in price and wait and see if July cruise is cancelled so I will not miss out on any extra FCC that Royal may give me for them cancelling July Cruise. And then roll money into the Thanksgiving week cruise

I am so conflicted because of the roller coaster ride of whether or not the CDC will let July cruises happen and then the thought of maybe relaxed protocols on Thanksgiving cruise

AND on top of all that the normal concern of Hurricane season for a July cruise

*edited to add. I am welcome to any suggestions in addition to what I have come up with this far

I would just wait and see what happens.  Way too close to make a decision now and if you would feel comfortable going on the cruise in July (with whatever rules they have) then you can go on the cruise.  If it is cancelled, then you can take the FCC and use it to book the Thanksgiving cruise for this year (or move to a cruise next year).

 

My family is in the same "boat", we have a cruise planed for August with final payment coming up.  This was booked in 2019 for 2020 and then moved to 2021.  We are making the final payment and then let the chips fall where they may.  We also have NRD, so if Royal cancels we should be able to get a full refund at the "worst case scenario", but within our party everyone will be fully vaccinated (except 1 person under 16), and we would plan on still going on the trip should it go off and "the kid" either has the vaccine or they allow kids to cruise with other provisions.

 

Stay Safe and good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

2a. put refundable deposit down on Thanksgiving week cruise to lock in price and wait and see if July cruise is cancelled so I will not miss out on any extra FCC that Royal may give me for them cancelling July Cruise. And then roll money into the Thanksgiving week cruise

This one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for your input. I just saw that Carnival has cancelled all their June cruises so I would suspect Royal wont be far behind cancelling June cruises with July still very much in limbo

I went through one round of cancellations last summer with a July cruise. So tell me if I have this straight if Royal were to cancel my 2021 July cruise. I will use round numbers here to simplify the math

I paid $1000 Deposit

$1000 Came from FCC from last summer

Lets say $500 in taxes and fees

and lets say my remaining balance was $1000 just for math sake.

So if my understanding is this. If Royal cancels, I will get straight refund for taxes and fees of $500 to my form of payment. My previous FCC would remain the same at $1000

and then my balance + deposit would be $2000 and I would get $2500 in FCC if Royal still offers 125% FCC 

I would then have 2 FCCs on at $1000 and the other $2500. Am i understanding this correctly?

Whereas if I just cancel the June cruise myself, I would get a full refund without any penalties? And still have my previous FCC from last summer

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Thank you all for your input. I just saw that Carnival has cancelled all their June cruises so I would suspect Royal wont be far behind cancelling June cruises with July still very much in limbo

I went through one round of cancellations last summer with a July cruise. So tell me if I have this straight if Royal were to cancel my 2021 July cruise. I will use round numbers here to simplify the math

I paid $1000 Deposit

$1000 Came from FCC from last summer

Lets say $500 in taxes and fees

and lets say my remaining balance was $1000 just for math sake.

So if my understanding is this. If Royal cancels, I will get straight refund for taxes and fees of $500 to my form of payment. My previous FCC would remain the same at $1000

and then my balance + deposit would be $2000 and I would get $2500 in FCC if Royal still offers 125% FCC 

I would then have 2 FCCs on at $1000 and the other $2500. Am i understanding this correctly?

Whereas if I just cancel the June cruise myself, I would get a full refund without any penalties? And still have my previous FCC from last summer

 

No Math GIFs | Tenor

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

Why do people feel thanksgiving is the best week to cruise? Please elaborate 

I like it because I get 2 days off for Thanksgiving from work, so to book that week I only use up 3 vacation days.  There are more kids because of this but not as many as the other school holidays.  Royal does little Thanksgiving activities and has a MDR Thanksgiving meal.  Sometimes they start decorating for Christmas at the end of the week too so you see some of the decorations.  It's still warm enough to enjoy the time outdoors but not oppressingly hot like a summer cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...