Jump to content

I spy with my little eye...Navigator from LA edition


Recommended Posts

NEW ADVENTURES FROM LOS ANGELES — SUMMER 2021

America's Cruise Line is bringing adventure back to the west coast for the first time in over a decade. See just how many new discoveries your clients can fit into an adventure onboard the Amplified Navigator of the Seas®, sailing from Los Angeles starting in November 2021— NOW open to book. They can soak up Old World charm on Catalina Island, venture into Baja wine country and unwind on Cabo’s world-famous beaches. All onboard a ship that beckons with adrenaline-amping waterslides, a sprawling resort-style pool deck and cocktail bars that channel major island vibes. They can do it all in just a few days, or wander further on a 7-night getaway to historic Mazatlán and pretty Puerto Vallarta. Whether they choose to level up their weekend or spend a full week exploring the Mexican Riviera, they’re in for a California bold rush.

 
CRAZY ABOUT CABO
 
Cabo San Lucas is a lively coastal town that brims with all kinds of wonders for your adventure-seeking clients — like hidden coves and dramatic rock formations along Land’s End, world-famous golf courses with dazzling views of the Pacific, and beautiful white-sand beaches, all available on a 5- or 7-night cruise.
 
BAJA BEGINS IN ENSENADA
 
Your clients can enjoy a stop at Ensenada, Mexico on most 3-, 4-, and 5-night sailings from Los Angeles to this vibrant city — one of the brightest jewels of the Baja coast.
 
OLD WORLD ISLAND VIBES
 
Catalina Island has long been a favorite spot to escape the bustle of LA and we will sail there for the first time ever on 3- and 4-night weekend escapes from Los Angeles.With its scenic hiking trails, pretty sailboat-studded bays, and quaint, Mediterranean charm, it’s the perfect destination for your clients to soak up the sunshine and slip into a vacation state of mind.
 
BAHIA BEAUTY
 
Puerto Vallarta is a beach lover’s paradise. The sandy shores here are golden, the waters calm and crystal clear, and there are plenty of outdoor activities to keep your clients exploring all day long. They can sail to this picture-perfect port on 7-night adventures from LA.
 
MAKE MEMORIES IN MAZATLÁN
 
Weeklong sailings from LA onboard Navigator of the Seas also unlock the wonders of Mazatlán, one of the most iconic destinations along the Mexican Riviera. They can unwind on one of the city’s many world-renowned beaches. Or venture out to Mazatlán’s “Pueblos Magicos” — historic villages that offer a taste of Sinaloan tradition, cuisine and culture.
 

http://creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2020/Executive_Requests/rf_723/NVimage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Got some 2 bedroom suites booked 11-7-2022. 

Glad you got a deal, AlmondFarmer and Kudos for starting this thread.
I got a 7-Night Royal Suite midnight MST for the two of us 3/25/22. I was such a deal, I could not pass it up, despite having a TransAtlantic in the Aqua 1-Bd on the Allure just 3-weeks later.

This morning a Grand Suite on the same 3/25 cruise costs more.
I checked the same Royal Suite for the 3-Night & 4-Night following our return. Would you believe the Royal Suite was more per person on both of those individually than I paid for both of us on the 7-Night? It was.

I would never have received such a deal without this thread, updates, and all the great people in the 'Refresh Party' keeping me up to date, moment-by-moment. But you started the ball rolling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Hope you find some good ones.  My cruise is too far out for anything to show up!  I am hopping on the sales for my November 2021 cruise.  Wish they would finalize my April 2022 cruise from Nav to Freedom so I can start looking for those sales (although I think it is still too far out even for that!)

I took a look at the excursion options which are part of the sale that just started but nothing seems interesting to me. Since we are on a 4-nighter only in December, I am pretty much going to stay on the ship and explore more and enjoy more of the onboard amenities! It is going to go FAST!

PS -- our J3 Junior suite in December 2021 went up by $350 from yesterday!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Taznremmy said:

I went in to check to see the prices on some cruises that I booked last night; price increase of $2250.  ?

This is why it's so critical to have a plan when new deployments open.  If you think you can wait and it will be the same the next day... think again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mpoole3 said:

Booked a Grand Suite for March 18th 2022 at $2,400 last night around 10pm PST.  This morning it was going for $8,000 and I just checked again and it's a little over $6,000.

Wow!! I saw those crazy low deals last night too man, I refreshed a few times to make sure it wasn't an error LOL. What a great deal you scored, congrats! $2400 for 7 days in a GS? Yes please. I would've booked that as well but we have Navigator in December 2021 (sailing with you!) and Symphony in February 2022 for my birthday and first time to Perfect day at CocoCay! Next time! Will this be your first time to the Mexican Riviera @mpoole3?

We scored a J3 Junior Suite on the 12/6 sailing for $2600. Now it's $2950.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

Wow!! I saw those crazy low deals last night too man, I refreshed a few times to make sure it wasn't an error LOL. What a great deal you scored, congrats! $2400 for 7 days in a GS? Yes please. I would've booked that as well but we have Navigator in December 2021 (sailing with you!) and Symphony in February 2022 for my birthday and first time to Perfect day at CocoCay! Next time! Will this be your first time to the Mexican Riviera @mpoole3?

We scored a J3 Junior Suite on the 12/6 sailing for $2600. Now it's $2950.

It sure is 7 days! Crazy deal!  See you 12/6 I booked ocean balcony B2B2B. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mpoole3 said:

It sure is 7 days! Crazy deal!  See you 12/6 I booked ocean balcony B2B2B. 

I need to get me on a B2B and then B2B2B... I am sort of tempted to book the 3-night before our 4-night on 12/6... lol... 

3 nights just solo... and then 4-nights with the fam/kiddo! Then off to Disneyland!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mpoole3 said:

Booked a Grand Suite for March 18th 2022 at $2,400 last night around 10pm PST.  This morning it was going for $8,000 and I just checked again and it's a little over $6,000.

I am so happy RCI is being bold and aggressive in pricing and hopefully follow through with an aggressive marketing tactic for the West Coast Market. I used to work in management for McDonnell-Douglas. Boeing sold more planes by being bold and aggressive with pricing and advertising. Results? Boeing bought out MDCorp. I retired from Boeing/McDonnell-Douglas. 
There is a lot of $$$ in those hills waiting for a targeted marketing campaign. Fight! RC fights and RC wins. 

Mpoole3, those prices were definitely aggressive. I looked at those 3/18/22 suites and was trying to decide between the GS, GT, or OS. Eventually, my choice was to go bold like RCL's pricing and decided on the OS. While the agent doing some typing putting my order in the system, I accidentally hit the 3/25/22 week during a refresh and saw the RS for just hundreds of dollars more. When the agent came back on the phone, I asked him if the 3/25 RS was still available at the price and switched to it.

Dang it. Now I will be getting on when you are getting off.
If we were on the same cruise I would have thrown a party in the RS on a sea day and had a group in.

I was so very concerned Royal Caribbean might be cautious by resting on their name for being the best, or worse yet, tentative in attacking the West Coast Market. The West Coast market is 'ripe for the picking' with an aggressive marketing campaign. I know, I have stood in those other market lines to board at Long Beach and heard random people talk. Looks like they are going after that other large line. I love it!

If Royal was to bring an Oasis or Quantum class they would so outclass 'that other line's' large 'Pan...' that RC would hand down win that route. Do a Coco (that already has name ID by the well known WC restaurant)  on the West Coast and go north from LA as well? Game Over.

Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, LifesEz said:

If Royal was to bring an Oasis or Quantum class they would so outclass 'that other line's' large 'Pan...' that RC would hand down win that route. Do a Coco (that already has name ID by the well known WC restaurant)  on the West Coast and go north from LA as well? Game Over.

Catalina is an island.  Maybe RC can buy it ? 

Coco Catalina.

Think some locals might have something to say about that though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just when I thought there was nothing to add to this thread, CruiseWatch.com just sent me a price drop notice on Navigator of the Seas, March 2022 (I have March 25 7-Nights out of Port of Los Angeles to Cabo, Mazatlan & Vallarta).

Except the price drop is for 3-Nights & 4-Nights out of Ft Lauderdale to Bahamas.
And here we thought that ability to be cruising in two places at once was a mistake.
Funny the Caribbean Cruises are not on the RC website. 
I bet those are price drops to their lowest ever. Just like CruiseWatch.com claims.  ?1891572691_ScreenShot2021-04-20at7_42_11PM.thumb.png.ca5e2defac818b774b92300df4ca2d02.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2021 at 6:14 AM, LifesEz said:

I am so happy RCI is being bold and aggressive in pricing and hopefully follow through with an aggressive marketing tactic for the West Coast Market. I used to work in management for McDonnell-Douglas. Boeing sold more planes by being bold and aggressive with pricing and advertising. Results? Boeing bought out MDCorp. I retired from Boeing/McDonnell-Douglas. 
There is a lot of $$$ in those hills waiting for a targeted marketing campaign. Fight! RC fights and RC wins. 

Mpoole3, those prices were definitely aggressive. I looked at those 3/18/22 suites and was trying to decide between the GS, GT, or OS. Eventually, my choice was to go bold like RCL's pricing and decided on the OS. While the agent doing some typing putting my order in the system, I accidentally hit the 3/25/22 week during a refresh and saw the RS for just hundreds of dollars more. When the agent came back on the phone, I asked him if the 3/25 RS was still available at the price and switched to it.

Dang it. Now I will be getting on when you are getting off.
If we were on the same cruise I would have thrown a party in the RS on a sea day and had a group in.

I was so very concerned Royal Caribbean might be cautious by resting on their name for being the best, or worse yet, tentative in attacking the West Coast Market. The West Coast market is 'ripe for the picking' with an aggressive marketing campaign. I know, I have stood in those other market lines to board at Long Beach and heard random people talk. Looks like they are going after that other large line. I love it!

If Royal was to bring an Oasis or Quantum class they would so outclass 'that other line's' large 'Pan...' that RC would hand down win that route. Do a Coco (that already has name ID by the well known WC restaurant)  on the West Coast and go north from LA as well? Game Over.

Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

One of my good friends is on the 3/18 sailing with me and actually has the RS booked! So I'll be sending you pictures all week, then I'll be crying for a week! 

I'm kinda upset I didn't just book the OS for only $3200 - when else will I get an OS for that price, never!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mpoole3 said:

One of my good friends is on the 3/18 sailing with me and actually has the RS booked! So I'll be sending you pictures all week, then I'll be crying for a week! 

I'm kinda upset I didn't just book the OS for only $3200 - when else will I get an OS for that price, never!  

Did you at least get a JS for the double double points?

@Matt has vowed to fly past you in CAS points, taking advantage of your family man status.  Are you seriously going to let him beat you?!?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mpoole3 said:

One of my good friends is on the 3/18 sailing with me and actually has the RS booked! So I'll be sending you pictures all week, then I'll be crying for a week! 

I'm kinda upset I didn't just book the OS for only $3200 - when else will I get an OS for that price, never!  

Then congratulation to your friend. Your friend got a great deal and just beat me to it.

At 11 pm PST on that late night of the opening hour for non-agents to book, I was looking at the 3/18 and talking with the agent for OS 1628 right next door. While the agent was entering the data I accidentally went into the 3/25 bookings and saw the RS cost was only a few hundred per person more and shifted to 3/25. (I have the Allure Transatlantic to Barcelona 4/24/22 and wanted a little more distance between the cruises)

By early morning when I woke and thought about doing a B2B the cost of the 3/18 OS was still a bargain, but more than my 3/25 RS.

The 7-Night price for the RS on 3/18 & 3/25 had to be about the same, so I know just how much your friend got a great deal. Had the 3/18 RS been open I would have grabbed it. Had the 3/25 RS not been available, I would have been their neighbor and 3 of us would have been on that cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Did you at least get a JS for the double double points?

@Matt has vowed to fly past you in CAS points, taking advantage of your family man status.  Are you seriously going to let him beat you?!?!

I ended up booking a Grand Suite.   

 

Matt has no chance in passing me up, unless he booked a suite for his B2B on Adventure then I'm in trouble!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, mpoole3 said:

I ended up booking a Grand Suite.   

 

Matt has no chance in passing me up, unless he booked a suite for his B2B on Adventure then I'm in trouble!

I sense Matt is on the phone as we speak.  

"Hello, I'd like to know how much to upgrade all my sailings" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Double points are so awesome! I am nowhere near you guys in the C&A status, currently Gold with 17 points ?

Am I understanding correctly that if we have any Suite booked (Jr suite and above) we basically are getting 4x the points non-Suite folks would get? So I have a 4-nighter booked in a JS, instead of 8 points I would get 16, and on a 7-nighter I would get 28 points? We got 2 Jr Suite booked and 1 Crown loft booked between now and Feb 2023!

I was talking to my wife and we've decided to focus on being Loyal to Royal going forward, we love their ships and what they are all about ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, johnt83 said:

Double points are so awesome! I am nowhere near you guys in the C&A status, currently Gold with 17 points ?

Am I understanding correctly that if we have any Suite booked (Jr suite and above) we basically are getting 4x the points non-Suite folks would get? So I have a 4-nighter booked in a JS, instead of 8 points I would get 16, and on a 7-nighter I would get 28 points? We got 2 Jr Suite booked and 1 Crown loft booked between now and Feb 2023!

I was talking to my wife and we've decided to focus on being Loyal to Royal going forward, we love their ships and what they are all about ?

Double points with a few qualifiers like when it was made and that your C&As were on the booking to my understanding. You can read about it on the RC C&A page. It is why I am in a suite on all 5 cruises I have booked. (Total 41 Nights x Suite (2x2=4) = 164 points)

17+16+28= 61. Another 5-Nights in a Suite (2x2x5) should do it if correct.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...