First ships back

Just curious if anyone has heard any rumours or rumblings on which ships will be the first back in service? When the NSO was replaced by the CSO I was originally excited as my next booked cruise is February on Symphony. I figured things would be running by then and with stops in both Labadee and Coco Cay odds were pretty good the sailing could happen. My excitement is dwindling as it now appears test cruises aren’t happening till January........

3 hours ago, twangster said:

No one knows. 

We can all post our own assertions and our own version of facts to support our own assertions and it's possible someone will post the right guess.  We'll know in February who was right and who was wrong.  Until then it's all guesses.

that is the perfect answer, No one knows. I think we will find out when we find out. I would assume Matt will be on it as he has all the other news he picks up. Thanx again Matt, and who ever he gets his info from.

My guess would be Navigator/Mariner ... seems like Canaveral and Miami were the two ports that the cruise lines were trying to prioritize and those two ships are the ones that have been doing the 3/4 nt private island runs out of those ports for a while.

Probably easiest to build off of them first and then go from there.

I’ve always thought Navigator and Mariner would be first. Navigator for test cruises in January. If all goes well, Navi and Mariner for February. Come March, if the vaccine(s) are being distributed on a pretty wide scale and numbers are down, I see 2 more ships being added. By June, my guess is 6+ ships. 

Fingers crossed. A lot hinges on these vaccines. 

36 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Chris Wong said in his latest YouTube video that he's heard Mariner and Navigator as well.  

Quantum is the real first test.  I'm sure the CDC is watching what will happen on those sailings.

Quantum is hardly a test point when it comes to sailing from the USA.

Yesterday Singapore 5 new cases none of which were locally transmitted (imported and in quarantine)  USA 160K.  

Singapore residents only allowed. No Ports.

There is no test of the system until Covid is detected on board. 

• 3 weeks later...

All we can do is sit back and speculate. We also have to have ports that will let us dock and disembark.  Looks like there are going to be some challenges with vaccine distributions and faith in it. I think RCG is just as anxious as all of us, they can´t take any chances. They have to get this right, rushing them isn´t going to help. We all want to cruise asap, we just have to be patient.