Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

What will the Casinos look like?


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, tcneal said:

I totally disagree.  The majority of people?  When cruising starts back up, people will sail, masks or not.     Honestly, if masks are required, I hope the people crying about it find another vacation that will let them be free. 

Not according to the polls here and on other sites...unless everyone here is lying...and that's just from die hard cruisers...….so YES, the majority of people in the USA or Canada or World (whatever you want to insert here) wont be cruising especially if masks were to be required.

 

And no, ppl wont be crying about it.....so you dont need to keep your hopes up about that, but go ahead and tell the majority of ppl here to cry and find another vacation.

 

Good luck drinking, smoking, eating, swimming, getting a tan with a mask on..lmao..unless you enjoy spending all your time in a inside cabin watching TV...but that's not why I cruise nor why most ppl cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is how casinos looked on day one, but cruise ships are under the kind of government scrutiny that made the McCarthy hearings seem trivial.  

Count me in. It’s the part I’m most looking forward to about cruising Celebrity. 

USFFRANK, I totally agree!  I would be thrilled if they made the casinos smoke free!  I know a LOT of people would agree!  

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is my major concern.  I could live with masks, but not with severe availability limitations.

I don’t think if we see either masks or table  guests limits that it will be a big issue as the number of guests onboard will also be severely limited. So you may go from 6 to 3 on a blackjack table but on an Oasis class ship you may got to 3 or 4 thousand passengers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Good luck drinking, smoking, eating, swimming, getting a tan with a mask on..lmao..unless you enjoy spending all your time in a inside cabin watching TV...but that's not why I cruise nor why most ppl cruise.

Not sure how you warm you guys are getting north of the border, but we’re finding out quick here in DC that 92 degrees and oppressive humidity don’t mix well with a mask. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrew72681 said:

Not sure how you warm you guys are getting north of the border, but we’re finding out quick here in DC that 92 degrees and oppressive humidity don’t mix well with a mask. 

No..not that warm here yet, few days of 85 but not too humid....and yeah, I cant imagine.

 

Point being...its not realistic imho to spend a vacation south on a beach or on a cruise ship if masks are required and not optional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, monctonguy said:

No..not that warm here yet, few days of 85 but not too humid....and yeah, I cant imagine.

 

Point being...its not realistic imho to spend a vacation south on a beach or on a cruise ship if masks are required and not optional.

I could see it being required to show up until you are confirmed clean. But then hopefully put it back in your bag. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Not according to the polls here and on other sites...unless everyone here is lying...and that's just from die hard cruisers...….so YES, the majority of people in the USA or Canada or World (whatever you want to insert here) wont be cruising especially if masks were to be required.

 

And no, ppl wont be crying about it.....so you dont need to keep your hopes up about that, but go ahead and tell the majority of ppl here to cry and find another vacation.

 

Good luck drinking, smoking, eating, swimming, getting a tan with a mask on..lmao..unless you enjoy spending all your time in a inside cabin watching TV...but that's not why I cruise nor why most ppl cruise.

Agree. If a mask is required when in a “public area” on the ship this will be a “no go” for many people. Besides being impossible to eat, drink or smoke with a mask on it’s also a hassle and this won’t last long. There is no way to police this effectively on a cruise ship during a vacation where people are looking to let loose. People are over this “pandemic”.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do mind smoking/vaping in the casinos. However I may not mind wearing a mask, especially at the blackjack table. Because it always seems to be the dealers up card is a 10 and when he or she turns over their hole card, that always seems to be a 10. If I'm wearing a mask, I could then curse under my breath and no one will know. But the body language...……..I'll have to work on that😁 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, USFFrank said:

I do mind smoking/vaping in the casinos. However I may not mind wearing a mask, especially at the blackjack table. Because it always seems to be the dealers up card is a 10 and when he or she turns over their hole card, that always seems to be a 10. If I'm wearing a mask, I could then curse under my breath and no one will know. But the body language...……..I'll have to work on that😁 

 

41 minutes ago, USFFrank said:

I do mind smoking/vaping in the casinos. However I may not mind wearing a mask, especially at the blackjack table. Because it always seems to be the dealers up card is a 10 and when he or she turns over their hole card, that always seems to be a 10. If I'm wearing a mask, I could then curse under my breath and no one will know. But the body language...……..I'll have to work on that😁 

Just don’t give into Negative bias. We all remember the dealer drawing 7 cards to a 21 but forget when that five pops up when we hit the 16. 
17.58 percent of the time the dealer is going to have a 20. Also, even if there’s not a 10 As the down card, they are still going to win that hand 59 percent of the time and push almost 37%, so you really only have about a 4 percent chance of outright winning that hand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Not according to the polls here and on other sites...unless everyone here is lying...and that's just from die hard cruisers...….so YES, the majority of people in the USA or Canada or World (whatever you want to insert here) wont be cruising especially if masks were to be required.

 

And no, ppl wont be crying about it.....so you dont need to keep your hopes up about that, but go ahead and tell the majority of ppl here to cry and find another vacation.

 

Good luck drinking, smoking, eating, swimming, getting a tan with a mask on..lmao..unless you enjoy spending all your time in a inside cabin watching TV...but that's not why I cruise nor why most ppl cruise.

Wow.  Way to exaggerate.  First, I don't think a few polls of people who visit these sites, which represents <1% of the people who cruise is enough to state that this represents the majority.  I don't know if the cruise lines will require a mask policy, but if they do, they have the right.  If anyone doesn't like it, you have the right to stay at home.  But my guess is that people will be flocking back whatever the policy is.   But I could be wrong.  I don't want to speak for the majority when I don't have a clue. 

Second, the premise of this thread was to get opinions on the "CASINO" and how they are going to handle distancing.   Not drinking, smoking, swimming, getting a tan or any other exaggeration that you stated.   Now, if wearing a mask while sitting at a slot machine or a table playing blackjack is stomping on your freedom, then please do stay at home.   We all have different reasons for cruising and again, I can't speak for most people.  But RCL will set the rules.   You can either live with them or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is my major concern.  I could live with masks, but not with severe availability limitations.

I agree.  3 people at a table when there aren't a lot tables will be a problem.   And craps tables, which I play the most, can get pretty crowded.  If you take half of the spaces away, it's going to be big problem.  That's why the masks might be a better solution.  You can't police masks throughout the ship and it's probably not necessary outdoors.   But the one place it would be easier to enforce is sitting down at a table in the casino.   If someone doesn't want to wear the mask, then they don't play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@tcneal Not to side track but I think the percentages it not <1%. Most pro-cruise articles have been getting their information from here and a few other boards. If you look at the comments under the articles, like 80% of people are not pro-cruise. They think floating petri-dish and focus on the three bad ships. Which leads into how much easier it might be for RCCI to safely accommodate the casino. I cannot say they will have plexiglass, that just seems wasteful. I would imagine favoritism to casino Royale members, social distancing and mask. Oasis at 60% occupancy, would allow for 3 or 4 people at a table. The focus would be on the regulars, not me, who might only spend a few hundred.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tcneal said:

Wow.  Way to exaggerate.  First, I don't think a few polls of people who visit these sites, which represents <1% of the people who cruise is enough to state that this represents the majority.  I don't know if the cruise lines will require a mask policy, but if they do, they have the right.  If anyone doesn't like it, you have the right to stay at home.  But my guess is that people will be flocking back whatever the policy is.   But I could be wrong.  I don't want to speak for the majority when I don't have a clue. 

Second, the premise of this thread was to get opinions on the "CASINO" and how they are going to handle distancing.   Not drinking, smoking, swimming, getting a tan or any other exaggeration that you stated.   Now, if wearing a mask while sitting at a slot machine or a table playing blackjack is stomping on your freedom, then please do stay at home.   We all have different reasons for cruising and again, I can't speak for most people.  But RCL will set the rules.   You can either live with them or not.

So....First off..it's a fact that a very small percentage of the US has gone on cruise vacations(or some really low number like that, it was posted here on the blog at some point)....the CEO of Royal even stated about how much room for growth there is. And yes, poll after poll after poll shows a lot of distrust and negative opinions about cruises BEFORE this ever happened. On top of that, I used facts from this site and FB sites and other cruise sites I am on regarding this issue of ppl not wanting to cruise with masks. There is a clear poll on this site for DIE HARD ROYAL cruises that says over half wont cruise with masks...so NO, I didn't exaggerate.

Secondly...telling ppl to go cry if you dont like it.....really?:34_rolling_eyes:

 

And yes, I did go from the Casino experience to stating about wearing a mask the whole cruise..that is not a far jump..in fact most thoughts and comments and posts seem to think either masks will be required everywhere or nowhere...so if your stating masks in the casino will be what we see, then the same will probably be true for everywhere else.

 

Just cause you dont like or agree with my opinion/views/statements doesn't make me wrong or make you any more right than you think you are. Disagree sure, but dont try and belittle or be so condescending about it in the process. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2020 at 12:03 AM, tcneal said:

With Las Vegas opening up this weekend, I'm starting to wonder what will cruise casinos look like when sailing starts?   The few Vegas stories I saw with empty spaces between Slot Machines, tables with 3 people max and Plexiglass between spaces, Plexiglass at craps tables, etc.  Will they be able to do this on ships?  Most casinos in Vegas have enough tables and room to run this way, they just need more dealers.  With the crowding I see in ship casinos, it's going to be interesting if they try some of these safety precautions.  Or the could open without any changes?

It's not a big deal, I'll be happy to just sail.  It just got me thinking with the opening this weekend.  What do you all think?

I could see more tournaments that require registration and offer the ability to control the number of people at each  table.  Maybe less drop in play.  I would agree to a mask or might choose to wear a mask, but I generally go to the casino when it is less crowded.  I am not a big gambler but could see the value  of regular players wanting good playing conditions, hence more reservation-style play.  Just a thought...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

I could see more tournaments that require registration and offer the ability to control the number of people at each  table.  Maybe less drop in play.  I would agree to a mask or might choose to wear a mask, but I generally go to the casino when it is less crowded.  I am not a big gambler but could see the value  of regular players wanting good playing conditions, hence more reservation-style play.  Just a thought...

There’s also a much easier way to control table game crowding that everyone keeps missing. I ask floor managers all the time to change a limit on a table to keep the person who is splitting 10’s away. 
So what we might see is more tables that are a 25$ or 50$ minimum and that would certainly cut down on crowding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, monctonguy said:

So....First off..it's a fact that a very small percentage of the US has gone on cruise vacations(or some really low number like that, it was posted here on the blog at some point)....the CEO of Royal even stated about how much room for growth there is. And yes, poll after poll after poll shows a lot of distrust and negative opinions about cruises BEFORE this ever happened. On top of that, I used facts from this site and FB sites and other cruise sites I am on regarding this issue of ppl not wanting to cruise with masks. There is a clear poll on this site for DIE HARD ROYAL cruises that says over half wont cruise with masks...so NO, I didn't exaggerate.

Secondly...telling ppl to go cry if you dont like it.....really?:34_rolling_eyes:

 

And yes, I did go from the Casino experience to stating about wearing a mask the whole cruise..that is not a far jump..in fact most thoughts and comments and posts seem to think either masks will be required everywhere or nowhere...so if your stating masks in the casino will be what we see, then the same will probably be true for everywhere else.

 

Just cause you dont like or agree with my opinion/views/statements doesn't make me wrong or make you any more right than you think you are. Disagree sure, but dont try and belittle or be so condescending about it in the process. Thanks.

Fair enough.   I will try to respond without being condescending.   I started this thread because I wanted peoples opinion and many people answered and feel differently than me, which is OK.  IMO, yours was the only post who seemed to imply that we were crazy to sail under these conditions.   You could have just stated that you wouldn't.   I stated before, I'm giving my opinion and not speaking for anyone.   I would never even suggest that I speak for the "majority" of cruisers.  I believe that is what you did.  You have the right to your opinion, I just had a problem with you implying the majority agrees with you.   I am new to this site but I have been on multiple cruise sites for many years with a lot of passionate people.   But, I recognize we are in the minority of cruisers, not the majority.  Polls on FB and Forums are not an indication of the majority of people.   I concede that it might be an indication of the majority of people who posts on forums.

I admit maybe cry was a little harsh.  But, we all can either sail with whatever rules RCCL come up with or we can stay at home.  I love cruising too much to say I'm done becuase I am asked to where a mask.  It's just my opinion that people posting on boards will not stay at home, but I could be wrong.

And the last point about exaggerating.   Comparing being ask to wear a mask at a blackjack table when you are sitting next to someone closely for a long period of time to having to wear a mask in a tanning bed, IMO, is an exaggeration.  It's fine if you don't think so, we will have to agree to disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@tcneal Not to side track but I think the percentages it not <1%. Most pro-cruise articles have been getting their information from here and a few other boards. If you look at the comments under the articles, like 80% of people are not pro-cruise. They think floating petri-dish and focus on the three bad ships. Which leads into how much easier it might be for RCCI to safely accommodate the casino. I cannot say they will have plexiglass, that just seems wasteful. I would imagine favoritism to casino Royale members, social distancing and mask. Oasis at 60% occupancy, would allow for 3 or 4 people at a table. The focus would be on the regulars, not me, who might only spend a few hundred.

You are correct.   I was not implying that <1% are pro-cruise.  I have read the same 80-20 split.   I was stating that about 1% of people actually take time to post on boards.   This is a die-hard crowd.  I know many people who love cruising who have never posted anything and polls can't speak for those people.   I think you are right about Oasis occupancy.   I have the misfortune of always sailing at peak times in the past, so I only remember crowded casinos.   If they sail at capacity, there will be issues but reduced capacities might work.

I think RCCI will try to tick off the least amount of people.  The balance between the fair weather cruisers who need to believe that they are taking all the precautions they can.  And the loyal cruisers who might be offended by too many restrictions.  You can please your loyal base, but you don't grow.  But you can also alienate loyal followers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

There’s also a much easier way to control table game crowding that everyone keeps missing. I ask floor managers all the time to change a limit on a table to keep the person who is splitting 10’s away. 
So what we might see is more tables that are a 25$ or 50$ minimum and that would certainly cut down on crowding. 

I like this.   One thing I have always been curious about is where they make the most money?    The $10 table that is packed or the $50 table with 1 or 2 people.   You could just count the money per seat but usually the people at the $10 tables are worst players, so the casino probably makes more money off of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@tcneal This is why I believe they may hedge their bets. RCCI wants new cruisers but lets be real, new cruisers were turned off by the media. So at least until the middle 2021 RCCI will probably focus on the C&A and/or casino royale members.....maybe the newbies who already booked. I am sure they have metrics based on casino times, they will probably section off hours for the loyalist, like when they block bars for groups. Vegas's bread and butter is the casino so I would imagine their rules couldn't apply to ships. On a packed ship of course the casino might have peak popular times...on limited capacity, maybe not so much. Maybe the requirement is mask only and they don't socially distance. It really can go a lot of ways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tcneal said:

I like this.   One thing I have always been curious about is where they make the most money?    The $10 table that is packed or the $50 table with 1 or 2 people.   You could just count the money per seat but usually the people at the $10 tables are worst players, so the casino probably makes more money off of them.

The 50$ table. At that table the player is paying attention and not slowing down everything explaining why they don’t hit a 14  against a dealer face card. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to update people. Been to Vegas a full week now and I am still here. People are not scared of the Virus here. People only wear a mask when forced to do so. The only casinos in the strip that are forcing people to wear a mask are Caesars properties. MLife has the plexiglass no mask, Wynn plexiglass no mask, Venetian no mask or plexiglass but staff wears mask, same at cosmopolitan.. I have played at them all and I feel perfectly safe and fine. They do enforce the table limits and do force people to stay 6 feet apart from tables who are not playing. The also clean the chips and change card decks often. Also every employee no matter what their job is has to wear a mask but as I said they don’t force anyone else. They also do temperature checks when you check into the hotel but they don’t do it when casino hopping but I think everyone is just sick of this and ready to let loose because it’s crowded And all dealers and pit bosses I talk to say we didn’t expect so many people and yet they came. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Just wanted to update people. Been to Vegas a full week now and I am still here. People are not scared of the Virus here. People only wear a mask when forced to do so. The only casinos in the strip that are forcing people to wear a mask are Caesars properties. MLife has the plexiglass no mask, Wynn plexiglass no mask, Venetian no mask or plexiglass but staff wears mask, same at cosmopolitan.. I have played at them all and I feel perfectly safe and fine. They do enforce the table limits and do force people to stay 6 feet apart from tables who are not playing. The also clean the chips and change card decks often. Also every employee no matter what their job is has to wear a mask but as I said they don’t force anyone else. They also do temperature checks when you check into the hotel but they don’t do it when casino hopping but I think everyone is just sick of this and ready to let loose because it’s crowded And all dealers and pit bosses I talk to say we didn’t expect so many people and yet they came. 

Are you winning ?

🤞🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Are you winning ?

🤞🤞

Lol actually no but not out of money yet. Our plan is to stay until we run out of money because don’t have to work this summer and no where else to go lol. We have discovered a new game we like. Face up Pai Gow Poker. It’s fun and I loose less money than in blackjack lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AGSLC5 said:

Lol actually no but not out of money yet. Our plan is to stay until we run out of money because don’t have to work this summer and no where else to go lol. We have discovered a new game we like. Face up Pai Gow Poker. It’s fun and I loose less money than in blackjack lol

Never played face up pai gow, but regular pai gow is a good way to lose money 25 cents at a time. Having those quarters at the end of the day always drives me nuts. What does the commission look like in Faceup?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@AGSLC5 Do you mind me asking why you feel perfectly safe? Even before COVID I have never felt safe in largely populated places. Caveat....I had a friend get stabbed while we were in a night club in Miami years ago. Now my paranoia has ?tripled? with COVID. It is one thing to feel safe because a business is doing what they should, another to feel safe with the patrons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...