Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Oasis Boardwalk balconies -- aquatheater view?


Recommended Posts

Okay, so I need some insight here. I'm looking at my first time aboard Oasis this summer as a YOLO booking/excuse to use a smaller FCC that I received, and I'm considering a boardwalk balcony (alas, not able to try for an aquatheater suite!), and I'm trying to find the best spot where I might still be able to see the aquashow without those new slides getting in the way, as I understand they sometimes do now.

I really like the potential view from these balconies, and figured it would be something different. After all, I can do an OVB on any ship! I also like the boardwalk view better than Central Park from the pictures and feedback I've seen so far.

Suggestions welcome from the Oasis mavens, since I can't seem to figure things out completely just from photos.

Suggestions on deck/location for optimal ocean/aquatheater view?

EDITED: After posting, I of course discovered a thread about this very thing, but given that the incentives are no longer part of the package, and the Abyss slides are a potential issue, I'd love to hear thoughts given the current situation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We always enjoyed the Boardwalk balcony rooms. They were our first Oasis class rooms !  

If you’re looking for an Aqua Theater view, I would recommend something around deck 10 or 11 but no higher than deck 12.  Obviously, the further aft you get, the more likely it is you will get a view of the theater.  Just remember...the further back you go, the further the walk to get to your cabin from the aft elevators.  It can be quite a hike. The view isn’t quite as good since the amplification as they out added the Abyss slides and it obscures the aft view a bit (a lot, actually).  I think you will enjoy the Boardwalk balcony room.  Some say they are concerned about privacy as you can see other people’s’ balconies across the Boardwalk but we never had any privacy issues.  Yes, it can get a bit noisy during performances but we always enjoyed people watching and enjoyed the hustle bustle of the Boardwalk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your insights! Have you tried the Central Park balconies or a view in that area? Pictures can only tell you so much, after all, and I appreciate all the insights from this group of cruise addicts fans!

And I'm not worried about a hike from the elevators -- just all the more opportunity to work off some food so I can eat more! 🤤

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chadster said:

Thanks for your insights! Have you tried the Central Park balconies or a view in that area? Pictures can only tell you so much, after all, and I appreciate all the insights from this group of cruise addicts fans!

No, I never got around to trying the CP balconies but I know @Matt has.  I think they would be super nice at night with the music from CP.  I have heard complaints that there is noise from the pool deck.  I cannot confirm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never sailed Oasis, but have a CP Balcony booked for Sept. and the reason we booked is because we think at night it will be super quiet and relaxing, and peaceful. Of course the price was right and we just thought these are very unique cabins. We think we are gonna like it. Just have to be mindful of no privacy when taking a shower and ect. Just leave at that, ect. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chadster said:

I'm looking at my first time aboard Oasis this summer as a YOLO booking/excuse to use a smaller FCC that I received,

Curious, which sailing?  There were huge price drops on the sailing that I booked 08/23/2020 this past week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Curious, which sailing?  There were huge price drops on the sailing that I booked 08/23/2020 this past week.

The June 21 sailing. It's the only 6-day sailing and has 3 sea days. I'll be in Nassau in December aboard Grandeur, so I figured I'd skip Nassau, take the shorter sailing, enjoy the sea days, and use my savings toward onboard experiences, like dining or beverages (there's a $400 difference between fares for balconies when comparing 6-night vs. 7-night sailings! 😬).

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Chadster said:

The June 21 sailing. It's the only 6-day sailing and has 3 sea days. I'll be in Nassau in December aboard Grandeur, so I figured I'd skip Nassau, take the shorter sailing, enjoy the sea days, and use my savings toward onboard experiences, like dining or beverages (there's a $400 difference between fares for balconies when comparing 6-night vs. 7-night sailings! 😬)

🤞that it sails by then. That would make it good news for both of us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Curious, which sailing?  There were huge price drops on the sailing that I booked 08/23/2020 this past week.

Holy cats, you aren't kidding!!! I could actually afford the 1 bedroom AquaTheatre Suite on this sailing (#bucketlist).  I wish!

oasis.thumb.PNG.c2a433f65c378fa6ddfdb496e2e3d02e.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Holy cats, you aren't kidding!!! I could actually afford the 1 bedroom AquaTheatre Suite on this sailing (#bucketlist).  I wish!

oasis.thumb.PNG.c2a433f65c378fa6ddfdb496e2e3d02e.PNG

We got our 1 bedroom Aquatheater Suite on Oasis for July 18th for $528 after FCC was applied from our canceled March Adventure cruise. Total price was around $4800ish.

It's going to be a family cruise with my parents in an OVB and my sister and niece in a BWB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chadster said:

Have you tried the Central Park balconies or a view in that area?

I really enjoy Central Park balcony rooms. They have great ambiance and cost less than Ocean Balconies. I think they are especially pretty at night.

FWIW, my wife prefers ocean balcony rooms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chadster said:

Have you tried the Central Park balconies or a view in that area?

I enjoyed my CP balcony for the 4 days I got to experience it.  If you go the CP route and can snag one that ends in 620 or 220, those have an added bonus of a larger double-sized balcony!

Wide balcony:

20190904_134137.thumb.jpg.0eec64c6c4de35c1f937b79309c428e1.jpg

20190904_134151.thumb.jpg.ddb154503fd2751d10398b23be5bb256.jpg

The view:

20190904_134158.thumb.jpg.950ab44683db4f666948e74312f6e8fa.jpg

20190904_134203.thumb.jpg.95e3397543ee40de0da1329d1b75fef3.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I enjoyed my CP balcony for the 4 days I got to experience it.  If you go the CP route and can snag one that ends in 620 or 220, those have an added bonus of a larger double-sized balcony!

Wide balcony:

20190904_134137.thumb.jpg.0eec64c6c4de35c1f937b79309c428e1.jpg

20190904_134151.thumb.jpg.ddb154503fd2751d10398b23be5bb256.jpg

The view:

20190904_134158.thumb.jpg.950ab44683db4f666948e74312f6e8fa.jpg

20190904_134203.thumb.jpg.95e3397543ee40de0da1329d1b75fef3.jpg

 

Great pictures, thank you. Looks absolutely beautiful. Nothing not to like about these cabins I don't think. Can't wait to see for myself in a few months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had window view of CP (deck 9) on Oasis in Feb. We loved the view and agreed a balcony would be so nice. Evenings have beautiful music and soft lighting. We met a lovely couple and they cruise regularly on Oasis class and get a CP balcony every time (Deck 10 usually). Close enough to deck 8 to people watch! That is what we plan to do when the opportunity arrives. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...