Help Choosing Next Ship? (Feb 2021)

Hi!  My husband and I went on our first RC cruise (Allure of the Seas) May 2018 and fell in love with cruising!  We are looking to go on another cruise in February or March 2021!  Initially we were planning on sticking with Allure of the Seas and were excited to see the additions!  However, there seem to be concerns as to whether Allure will get the scheduled amplification by next Spring.

Would you recommend Oasis of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas?  Or, should we wait to see if Allure does get the amplification?  We would like to stick with the class of ships similar to Allure's size.  The shows and other entertainment options (i.e. zipline, ice skating shows, diving show, etc.) are important to us.  Thank you so much for your help!  ?

I absolutely loved both the Allure and the Oasis. Even though they hold A LOT of people, it's so large most of the time you don't even notice. In my personal opinion I think the Allure is perfect how it is (however it's been a couple years since I cruised on it)! But, I can't wait to see what they do when they do decided to amp her up! I am cruising on the Harmony this upcoming September (fingers crossed it's still a go) and can't wait. I watched a virtual walk-through of the ship on youtube and it looks amazing! This guy shows you everything, even his cabin. I am sure that they have other video walk-throughs of the other Oasis class ships as well. Good luck and have fun with whatever ship you choose!

32 minutes ago, jessicamlewis518 said:

Would you recommend Oasis of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas?  Or, should we wait to see if Allure does get the amplification?  We would like to stick with the class of ships similar to Allure's size.  The shows and other entertainment options (i.e. zipline, ice skating shows, diving show, etc.) are important to us.  Thank you so much for your help!  ?

I have sailed both the Oasis and the Harmony and love them both.  The Harmony is newer, so maybe that is a tiebreaker?  Have a great trip!

52 minutes ago, jessicamlewis518 said:

Hi!  My husband and I went on our first RC cruise (Allure of the Seas) May 2018 and fell in love with cruising!  We are looking to go on another cruise in February or March 2021!  Initially we were planning on sticking with Allure of the Seas and were excited to see the additions!  However, there seem to be concerns as to whether Allure will get the scheduled amplification by next Spring.

You can't go wrong with either choice. I would personally chose Harmony with the only tie breaker being the Broadway show of Grease over Cats. I saw Cats on Oasis and hated every minute of it lol.

I also love the Oasis class ships but an alternative for you to consider could be the Odyssey. I have not been on a Quantum class ship yet but it looks amazing!

1 hour ago, jessicamlewis518 said:

Would you recommend Oasis of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas

I guest one of the things you have to consider is the itinerary...what floats your boat (sorry about that, :3_grin:). We've been on the Allure four times (two 2B2) and had a blast every cruise.  As far as the upgrades, meh for us. Also have to consider the shows on board. I would not recommend going o anything smaller than the Oasis class, big disappointment, and I'm sure folks here will give me hell about that....oh well. :3_grin:

We two are new to cruising and Oasis was our first ship in April 2018 and we did Harmony in February 2020, we were fortunate to also do two smaller ships between them and to place things in perspective.  There are no bad ships.   I don't think you could go wrong with either of the two, I would base my selection on the ports of call and whether you prefer Cats or Grease.  Unlike a lot of others I enjoyed Cats found the story fascinating and before this I did not like musicals.  Grease was also very good; however if you are easily offended by sexual innuendos you might want to skip this one.

45 minutes ago, jessicamlewis518 said:

Thanks for your feedback, everyone!  We just decided that we are going to go with Harmony since we like the shows a little more.  Based on your feedback, the ships are very comparable Looking forward to it! 

We will be checking out Perfect Day at CocoCay for the first time too!  ?

I'm booked on Harmony 2/21/21!  Harmony is a great choice!