This blog is great, thank you

Geoff P

Honestly, this blog is fantastic, I only wish I knew about it before my first 2 cruises.  Now going on our 3rd, I've learned so much from reading all these different posts.  I guess the only negative is the resentment my wife has towards it because I won't shut up about our trip or all the new things I've learned about cruising ?.

One question I have, as many people here have recommended the use of a TA, (I have never used one and always booked vacations, whether it's cruises or flights/hotels etc. myself), is does it matter where you live and where the TA is located?  I guess what I mean is that I live in Massachusetts, and many people have recommended MEI TA's, but I have no idea where they are located.  Do you just do everything over the phone or through email?  The idea of using a TA for future travel is tempting but having never used one, just unsure of how it works.

I whole heartedly agree this blog, the people on this blog are fantastic!

The location of the TA does not matter at all. I live in Florida and cruise out of Florida but my MEI TA, I'm not sure where she is from. (Sharla Manglass)  I do know that her expertise, her warm informative communication are super close by.....I send an email and usually within a very short time I get a very pointed response. Twice I woke up to emails proactively sent by her saying "price reduction, you just saved X amount" So unless you would prefer a face to face type situation I don't believe the TA location is as important as the knowledge and care they take with you. I am not sorry ever, for one second I took the advice of this blog and gave up the "perceived" control I had and book through MEI, it seems they have an amazing team. The sheer comfort I feel knowing Sharla is in my corner advocating for me and my family is most important. She is close by, either at the other end of my phone line or my computer, basically she is in my home office right next to me as far as I'm concerned. Once you go MEI, I believe you will be hard pressed to not be hooked, like with this blog. Enjoy your day!

MEI I believe is based out of Washington state, but my MEI agent is in North Carolina.  We communicate via email and text message which I prefer since I hate the phone.  That's the big plus for having a TA for me -- she has to call Royal and I don't.  I have been fortunate enough to meet her since I went on one of the RCLBlog group cruises that she also was on!

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Coincidentally, our MEI Agent, Michelle Cunningham, lives less than 10 miles from us.  She has booked us on dozens of cruises, and we have met in person, only once.  So the Agent’s proximity to you is not important.

I also have Michelle as an agent, and I live nowhere near Michelle or Waaaytooo.  But I'll get to cruise with both of them on different cruises next fall, and that'll be super fun!