Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

RCB Group Cruise 2020 Questions?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RCBlog group cruises are fun.  There are a lot of adult activities, we sometimes have cake, we definitely have booze, we also play Jenga and do shots, and try to get the pub singer to hate us.  And as

Group Cruises are great because you can enjoy your own cruise experience within your family and decide to participate or not with the schedule group activities.  Typically they will have a meet up the

Think this exactly sums up my Mariner and Anthem group cruise nightly activities.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, 12thman said:

When I look at what's on the Brilliance it says there's a suite lounge but when I look at the deck plans I don't see it. Where's the suite lounge located? I know Junior suite don't get access.

Suite Lounge on Brilliance is across from the Diamond Lounge on Deck 13. It's called the Concierge Lounge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

When do you start hearing about activities on the group cruises?  I know they're SOOOO far away, but my wife and I are booked on the ones in October 2020 (hopefully can still go) and July 2021 (definitely going) and hearing about all the activities they have lined up for the one that is currently going on I was just wondering when we might start hearing about that stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drewww said:

When do you start hearing about activities on the group cruises?  I know they're SOOOO far away, but my wife and I are booked on the ones in October 2020 (hopefully can still go) and July 2021 (definitely going) and hearing about all the activities they have lined up for the one that is currently going on I was just wondering when we might start hearing about that stuff.

Usually @Matt and @AnnetteJackson don't announce group activities until after final payment.  That way they know their exact numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People have mentioned better rates and a better refund policy for group cruises. I sent a request for info Form from this website, and got back a quote that was the same as the RC website. When I asked about the refund policy, I got an email back that didn’t address my question. Can anyone clarify for me - is it still an option of refundable vs nonrefundable deposit with the same cancellation policies, or is it different?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sleepy425 said:

People have mentioned better rates and a better refund policy for group cruises. I sent a request for info Form from this website, and got back a quote that was the same as the RC website. When I asked about the refund policy, I got an email back that didn’t address my question. Can anyone clarify for me - is it still an option of refundable vs nonrefundable deposit with the same cancellation policies, or is it different?

The group cruises that I've booked have been refundable deposits, with fares lower than listed on the website (but I've booked them close to the announcement dates - not sure if that makes a difference). The prices on the website are for nonrefundable deposits (unless you go through the entire process of entering your names/DOBs, etc and add in the refundable deposit fee).  So if the refundable price they are quoting you is less than the nonrefundable rate  you are seeing on the website, then it's a deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The group cruises that I've booked have been refundable deposits, with fares lower than listed on the website (but I've booked them close to the announcement dates - not sure if that makes a difference). The prices on the website are for nonrefundable deposits (unless you go through the entire process of entering your names/DOBs, etc and add in the refundable deposit fee).  So if the refundable price they are quoting you is less than the nonrefundable rate  you are seeing on the website, then it's a deal.

 

She quoted me refundable and non refundable quotes that match up the same as the website.  When I questioned that I thought one of the benefits of a group cruise was a different refund policy, she responded back that the benefit was meeting people and group activities.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sleepy425 said:

She quoted me refundable and non refundable quotes that match up the same as the website.  When I questioned that I thought one of the benefits of a group cruise was a different refund policy, she responded back that the benefit was meeting people and group activities.  

Which GC were you pricing out? It could be that they sold out of the group rates already. That can happen. They only block a certain number of cabins for the group with a group rate and if those are gone, you pay prevailing rates. That is my understanding. If it’s for Brilliance, that sailing has been up for a while and group rates could be gone. The person to really ask here is @AnnetteJackson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Which GC were you pricing out? It could be that they sold out of the group rates already. That can happen. They only block a certain number of cabins for the group with a group rate and if those are gone, you pay prevailing rates. That is my understanding. If it’s for Brilliance, that sailing has been up for a while and group rates could be gone. The person to really ask here is @AnnetteJackson.

Yes it’s Brilliance. I emailed Annette last night asking for her to clarify, but the last post I saw here said she was at an airport so I assumed she’s away for a little bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sleepy425 said:

Yes it’s Brilliance. I emailed Annette last night asking for her to clarify, but the last post I saw here said she was at an airport so I assumed she’s away for a little bit. 

Yes. She is on the freedom GC that just ended today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sleepy425 said:

People have mentioned better rates and a better refund policy for group cruises. I sent a request for info Form from this website, and got back a quote that was the same as the RC website. When I asked about the refund policy, I got an email back that didn’t address my question. Can anyone clarify for me - is it still an option of refundable vs nonrefundable deposit with the same cancellation policies, or is it different?

If you are booking under a group rate, then usually it's refundable.  MEI won't have group rates for every single cabin category, so if you requested a cabin they don't have a group rate for, you'll get the same rate as you see online.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KathyC said:

If you are booking under a group rate, then usually it's refundable.  MEI won't have group rates for every single cabin category, so if you requested a cabin they don't have a group rate for, you'll get the same rate as you see online.  

This makes sense. I’m sure Annette will clear it up once she’s available. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t misunderstanding things - I was interested in booking because of the possibility of a better rate and better refund policy. I’m not positive we can do an October cruise and won’t know for a little bit, so this seemed like a great way to possibly book one. When I brought that up to the agent I would have understood if she replied with your answer, but when she told me the benefits were meeting people and group activities I thought maybe I was cracking up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sleepy425 said:

When I questioned that I thought one of the benefits of a group cruise was a different refund policy, she responded back that the benefit was meeting people and group activities.  

Being in a group, there is not any special refund policy (that I'm aware of anyway).

I'd say in terms of pricing, the benefits of a group cruise are if we hold a specific room category long enough, prices outside group tend to go up while group rates are locked in.

But Annette is right that the primary reason to book a group cruise is to be a part of the fun and meet everyone onboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 2:22 PM, sleepy425 said:

She quoted me refundable and non refundable quotes that match up the same as the website.  When I questioned that I thought one of the benefits of a group cruise was a different refund policy, she responded back that the benefit was meeting people and group activities.  

Hey there,

Your MEI Agent can quote you either rate.  Some people in the group will be booked a nonrefundable rates and others will be a refundable - all depends on the client.  We quote you both ways so you can see the difference in pricing and decide which rate works best for you.  I can say that @Matt doesnt book group cruises a non refundable rates.  He prefers (as do I) to have refundable and then as we get closer we can compare to see if close to final payment the nonrefundable rate works in his favor.  That $100 Penalty per person will stop most people from the small savings with this rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...