and now we play the waiting game...

Officially paid off our very first for Symphony OTS which includes our round trip flights, hotel, and cruise! Still have 3-4 months to go until we sail and I've been staring at my countdown day tracker on the cruise planner haha.

I don't know what to do with myself now, i'll twiddle my thumb until sail day i guess lol.

Is there anything else to plan for or prepare prior to sailing? I'm looking out for deals for deluxe drink package / the key / excursions but the next significant sale probably won't be until Black Friday / Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years.

I'm starting to wonder why I booked so far out ahead sometimes.

The wait will definitely be worth it since it's our very first cruise ever and I've been living vicariously through youtube videos.

Do a mock packing. Make sure you're good to go with carry on and suitcase(s).

If you're taking any new tech gear, learn how to use it NOW. Test it NOW, too!

Make a list of who and when to notify of your vacay, e.g., house/pet sitters, newspaper delivery, police (our PD offers house drivebys), alarm/security company, etc. Don't tell everyone of your plans and don't post on FB until you're back. Nothing says "rob me" like FB vacay posts.

Price check your hotel room like you did your cruise booking. Hotel rooms fluctuate in price just as cruise prices do. If it goes down, you can cancel and rebook it just like you can a cruise. I've done this several times over the last four or five cruises. You can also call the hotel's 800 number and tell them you noticed the price decrease. If you booked through Expedia, Travelocity, booking.com, priceline.com, or some other aggregator, then don't bother. The hotels require that you booked directly with the chain itself (online is fine) to get the price changed.

Make a strategy for booking your next cruise at Next Cruise. 

Edited by Baked Alaska
Added more

18 hours ago, TJ! said:

Officially paid off our very first for Symphony OTS which includes our round trip flights, hotel, and cruise! Still have 3-4 months to go until we sail and I've been staring at my countdown day tracker on the cruise planner haha.

I don't know what to do with myself now, i'll twiddle my thumb until sail day i guess lol.

Is there anything else to plan for or prepare prior to sailing? I'm looking out for deals for deluxe drink package / the key / excursions but the next significant sale probably won't be until Black Friday / Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years.

I'm starting to wonder why I booked so far out ahead sometimes.

The wait will definitely be worth it since it's our very first cruise ever and I've been living vicariously through youtube videos.

In the coming months you can check the new schedules for your next cruise!