Jump to content
leesam82

Drinks when first boarding

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone

I'll be going on my first RCI Cruise on the allure in August. I have purchased the deluxe drinks package and will be arriving at port asap to get on board. I know that rooms won't be ready till about 1. I know I will not have my seapass when i first board, but would still like to take advantage of my drinks package. How do I get a drink without my seapass initially? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, leesam82 said:

Hello Everyone

I'll be going on my first RCI Cruise on the allure in August. I have purchased the deluxe drinks package and will be arriving at port asap to get on board. I know that rooms won't be ready till about 1. I know I will not have my seapass when i first board, but would still like to take advantage of my drinks package. How do I get a drink without my seapass initially? 

Thanks

You will use your set sail paper pass (or I'm guessing show your digital one) and you will be able to buy drinks!  Have a great first cruise...we were in allure in March for the first time and really enjoyed it.  Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, leesam82 said:

Hello Everyone

I'll be going on my first RCI Cruise on the allure in August. I have purchased the deluxe drinks package and will be arriving at port asap to get on board. I know that rooms won't be ready till about 1. I know I will not have my seapass when i first board, but would still like to take advantage of my drinks package. How do I get a drink without my seapass initially? 

Thanks

You will be able to use your set sail pass   Or the app on your phone I will be on that same ship in August on ship by 1030 and a drink at pool by 1045

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It won't be a problem at all.  The big problem is deciding which will be your 1st drink. 

For me it depends on our itinerary.  New England I stick with my Jack and Ginger.  Mexico it has to be margarita on the rocks.  Caribbean than it is a toss...sea breeze, Kraken and coke, maybe even a mojito.  

OH SUCH PROBLEMS!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leesam82 said:

Hello Everyone

I'll be going on my first RCI Cruise on the allure in August. I have purchased the deluxe drinks package and will be arriving at port asap to get on board. I know that rooms won't be ready till about 1. I know I will not have my seapass when i first board, but would still like to take advantage of my drinks package. How do I get a drink without my seapass initially? 

Thanks

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your post but I'm a newbie and I've got a question.

You mention that you won't have seapass initially.  When and how do you get your seapass? I'd stupidly assumed that we'd get them when we check in etc?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

It won't be a problem at all.  The big problem is deciding which will be your 1st drink. 

For me it depends on our itinerary.  New England I stick with my Jack and Ginger.  Mexico it has to be margarita on the rocks.  Caribbean than it is a toss...sea breeze, Kraken and coke, maybe even a mojito.  

OH SUCH PROBLEMS!

My first drink on my last cruise was a Bud Light. I hate Bud Light. I had no intentions of using my drink package on cheap beer. But the first thing I did after getting on the ship was to go for a dip in the pool, and I immediately sprained my thumb getting in. Thought I was going to have to get back off the ship and find an urgent care, but decided it wasn't dislocated or broken...just very, very painful. So, a Bud Light in an aluminum can did a pretty damn good job of acting as an ice pack. I drank it at the same time, might as well, but...it wasn't great. It was the only beer I got all week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been on a cruise where you did not have your seapass when you boarded. That is typically given to you at check in. The set sail is just all your documentation to speed check in. Your set sail info and your credit card and ID at check in, they give you your seapass and you are good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your post but I'm a newbie and I've got a question.

You mention that you won't have seapass initially.  When and how do you get your seapass? I'd stupidly assumed that we'd get them when we check in etc?

 

Not for sure. Recently only been on oasis class ships. But your sea pass card will be on your door when they make them available after 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your post but I'm a newbie and I've got a question.

You mention that you won't have seapass initially.  When and how do you get your seapass? I'd stupidly assumed that we'd get them when we check in etc?

 

You get your SeaPass either at check-in or when you get to your room it will be at your door.  Depends on which ship.  If you don't get the SeaPass until you get to your room, then you will use your SetSail pass (boarding pass) to get drinks until the rooms are open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Harmony two weeks ago the actual sea passes were in an envelope, one outside the door and the others inside the stateroom.  In the meantime, you use your  boarding pass, as has been stated.  Recommend  being at the door to your cabin hallway promptly at 1 PM.  If it is closed, don't enter as staff are still going up and down the hallways.  When it is ready, the closed door will be opened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We actually don't go towards the cabin hallway until @ 1:30.  Everybody starts lining up in that area @ 12:45 so you are basically just in a bottle neck, including people sitting on the steps.  Than on top of that you have people figuring out where their cabin is and grabbing luggage.  Instead @12:30 we hit the WJ.  @ 1:15 we hit the bar for a drink to take to our cabin to consume while we unpack.  By that time everybody has cleared through the staircases, hallways, etc.   No crowds just easy peasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my last 2 sailings I simply used the app to show the Set Sail pass.  Since everyone's pass on the reservation shows in the app, if someone else in your party has the package you can order the drinks and just swipe to the appropriate persons pass for them to "charge" it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, yzfmik said:

On my last 2 sailings I simply used the app to show the Set Sail pass.  Since everyone's pass on the reservation shows in the app, if someone else in your party has the package you can order the drinks and just swipe to the appropriate persons pass for them to "charge" it.

I'm such a paper person.  I always panic that I won't be able to pull up the app or my phone will die!  I hadn't thought about the swiping thing!  Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...