WannaCruise

Brilliance or Adventure

On 3/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, WannaCruise said:

Such a sweet photo of your daughter!  How does Adventure rate compared with Majesty and Enchantment?  We looked at Majesty as it had a 5 day with our dates but that one seemed too small for us (although I've read very good reviews).  For us, the ship is more important than the itinerary.  

I noticed you said you had been on Mariner and Independence before, if so you will be quite familiar with how Adventure is laid out....not exactly but similar flow.

Majesty is small and older but plenty fun, looks nice and well kept..  We are pretty used to it.  When we were raising small children over the past 7 years we could only get away for a few days at a time so we took 4-5 night itineraries which involved lots of Majesty and Enchantment sailings.   That was before they put Mariner on the shorter Bahamas runs.  Enchantment has a similar design and feel to Majesty to me but its a bit longer and has a solarium adults only pool area unlike Majesty.   Ive never been disappointed in any of them.   I am 41 and my wife is 37 now so we probably have similar interests and expectations as you would but no matter what size ship we end find ourselves on we still have a great time  In fact we are going back to a smaller ship next year (Rhapsody) because it was the only ship that is going to a specific port we want to go to (Roatan) in a time frame that we need and the price was right.    

We have yet to try an Oasis or Quantum class ship.....would like to but the cost goes up significantly and a Freedom or Voyager class ship like Adventure is plenty big for us and the price is more affordable.

One thing I've noticed about the smaller ships is they seem more "intimate".  I guess what I mean is if you make friends with someone at your dinner table or at the blackjack table for instance you seem to see them around the ship more often.   On the larger ships you don't seem to come across the same people unless you try to.

22 hours ago, klc317 said:

I noticed you said you had been on Mariner and Independence before, if so you will be quite familiar with how Adventure is laid out....not exactly but similar flow.

Majesty is small and older but plenty fun, looks nice and well kept..  We are pretty used to it.  When we were raising small children over the past 7 years we could only get away for a few days at a time so we took 4-5 night itineraries which involved lots of Majesty and Enchantment sailings.   That was before they put Mariner on the shorter Bahamas runs.  Enchantment has a similar design and feel to Majesty to me but its a bit longer and has a solarium adults only pool area unlike Majesty.   Ive never been disappointed in any of them.   I am 41 and my wife is 37 now so we probably have similar interests and expectations as you would but no matter what size ship we end find ourselves on we still have a great time  In fact we are going back to a smaller ship next year (Rhapsody) because it was the only ship that is going to a specific port we want to go to (Roatan) in a time frame that we need and the price was right.    

We have yet to try an Oasis or Quantum class ship.....would like to but the cost goes up significantly and a Freedom or Voyager class ship like Adventure is plenty big for us and the price is more affordable.

One thing I've noticed about the smaller ships is they seem more "intimate".  I guess what I mean is if you make friends with someone at your dinner table or at the blackjack table for instance you seem to see them around the ship more often.   On the larger ships you don't seem to come across the same people unless you try to.

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, we've been on Mariner and Independence, and I  know that Adventure is same class as Mariner.

We did eye Majesty too, for a 5 day get away we can go for a comparable cost but in a JS (which is only way to get a balcony).  It definitely seems like a more basic ship with bare bones but it's still a cruise and can't see any cruise being bad .

Enjoy Rhapsody.  We just got back from Symphony which went to Roatan.  Great port!  

Oasis class is my favorite, but you have to not mind the bigger ships.

5 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, we've been on Mariner and Independence, and I  know that Adventure is same class as Mariner.

We did eye Majesty too, for a 5 day get away we can go for a comparable cost but in a JS (which is only way to get a balcony).  It definitely seems like a more basic ship with bare bones but it's still a cruise and can't see any cruise being bad .

Enjoy Rhapsody.  We just got back from Symphony which went to Roatan.  Great port!  

Oasis class is my favorite, but you have to not mind the bigger ships.

We will try one of the Oasis class ships in the next few years....hopefully!