Stateroom Debate

Hey There...

So my husband and I are debating between two room types:

Room 1:  Window, Deck 3, Mid ship, Close to food, $250 more.  There’s a lobby area right outside our door so it would be nice for the kids to easily go out and have a place to hangout, play cards, etc.  But concerned it feels more like staying in a basement.

Room 2: No window, Deck 10, Mid ship, Just a stair climb up to the open deck/pool, fresh air is nearby ?, $250 less, but noisier due to being right below the deck? In any rough seas, will the ship move more the higher you are?

Any tips are appreciated!  Thanks!!!!

6 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

Room 2: No window, Deck 10, Mid ship, Just a stair climb up to the open deck/pool, fresh air is nearby ?, $250 less, but noisier due to being right below the deck? In any rough seas, will the ship move more the higher you are?

I'd probably opt for this room. 

29 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

I’d avoid the area below a pool deck. Below the windjammer won’t usually be a problem till later in the morning, but below the pool deck means chairs getting moved for cleaning at 5am. 

We had a cabin deck 10 navigator below windjammer it was like a train track above, them food trolleys they use over the metal strips on the floor and when they drop something and a hard floor it echos, noise from 5am till 11pm we were moved after day 3.

+1 for NOT being under the WJ.  We had a lovely Grand Suite (8010) on Grandeur this past Christmas/NY.  Lovely in EVERY way EXCEPT that it was directly beneath the ice cream machine and beverage area immediately outside the WJ.  The noise from above was really awful.  I don't know what they were doing up there at 5AM but it was always noisy and woke us every morning.  I will never ever recommend that Suite to anyone.

12 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

Just got off the phone with RC and he recommended deck 9 to be a buffer for noise but it’s it the Aft Area.  Not all the way back but still.... good plan or would the back be loud/rougher?  

Go with Deck 9.  I don't like being under the pool deck because of the moving chairs.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:11 AM, Linda216 said:

Room 1:  Window, ... But concerned it feels more like staying in a basement.

Room 2: No window,

If you're concerned about Deck 3 feeling like a basement when you DO have a window, how would ANY room without a window appear to be preferable?

On 3/9/2019 at 2:03 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

As long as they're not ALL the way in the back, I think the aft rooms are more easily accessible to most activity areas than those on the front of the ship.  There seems to be less movement (although I am not sensitive to movement) in the aft versus the front.

We stayed aft portside last January and I wasn't super happy with it (mostly how crowded it was around the food areas and the elevators, whether I was using them or not), so in November I opted for another balcony forward portside and I loved it.  It's so less crowded, and I have no issues with walking the promenade to get to the restaurants, CP, or Boardwalk.  

So when I booked for next April, I again went with "front right", but one of the first rooms from the stairs/elevator on deck six (which should be interesting as I have always stayed on the higher levels.

I also LOVE the Solarium, so being up front is much more convenient for me.