Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: August 9, 2020
Happy Sunday! We hope you are having a great weekend! Now it is time to sit back, relax, and catch up on all the Royal Caribbean news from the week!
Earlier this week, Royal Caribbean announced it would once again extend the cancellation of most of its cruises through October 31, 2020 due to the current health crisis.
The extra month of cancelled cruises affects North American and European sailings, although Australian sailings are not affected by this announcement.
Royal Caribbean also added an an additional pause to their China itineraries through September 13, 2020.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean CEO Michael Bayley answered some frequently asked cruise questions this week.
- Wonder of the Seas now looks like it will debut sometime in 2022.
- Who is maintaining Perfect Day at CocoCay while there are no cruises?
- 4 interesting facts from Norwegian Cruise Line's second quarters earnings
- Why you should send your comments to the CDC so cruises can restart.
- The big questions for Royal Caribbean's earnings call next week
- Should you take your kids out of school for a cruise vacation?
- Those sites claiming to list cruise ships for sale aren't legit.
- How to avoid the most irritating lines on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
- Royal Caribbean's CEO explained why overnight stays at Perfect Day at CocoCay did not happen.
- Top 5 things to look for in a good travel agent for your cruise vacation.
- Do all Royal Caribbean cruises qualify for Cruise with Confidence?
- Royal Caribbean Group amended some of its loans for more flexibility.
- MSC Cruises released new onboard policies and procedures to keep guests safe.
- Royal Caribbean ships headed back to Bahamas after Tropical Storm Isaias passed.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
The 366th episode of the Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast is now available, where Matt & Billy debate if the cruise lines are being treated fairly by the CDC.
Ever since the cruise industry effectively shut down, there have been some people who believe cruise lines are being held to a different standard than the rest of the travel industry.
New RCB Video: 5 lessons I've learned from all these cancelled cruises
Have you subscribed to the Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube Channel? We share some great videos there regularly, all about taking a Royal Caribbean cruise! This week, we are sharing our latest video — 5 lessons I've learned from all these cancelled cruises — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Top 10 cruise questions first time cruisers are too shy to ask
When you are new to something, there may be a hesitation to ask questions out of fear of looking foolish.
Cruises are a very welcoming type of vacation, but there are definitely some traditions and unwritten rules that you should be aware of before you step foot onboard.
If you are among the many people going on your first cruise, here are the top questions newbies have but are too shy to ask (so I will answer them for you).