BOGO60 2 months in a row?

31 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

How much savings do we really get?

Not much! LOL But hey at least it's something! I did get over $2000 off our February 19 Grandeur cruise. but you're right when you do the math it really isn't. They bump up on the invoice more than what is actually on the website a couple hundred each. Bait and Switch.. 

these promotions mean nothing when it comes to best prices.  They could do a 99% off promo and I guarantee magically the prices would still come out to be similar to what you see on any other day.  Their pricing is based on time of year (for far out bookings) & how well the ship is filling up.  Beyond that these promotions are just ways to say "Hey come look this new sale we have going on". 

What i would recommend is to price out which cruise you think you want to go on then over the following days or weeks keep looking at the prices.  With the same 60% off sale or whatever the sale may be you will see the prices change within a sale.  You just have to find a price you find to be of value.  With the non refundable deposits it makes the YOLO book-it a little harder to swallow these days if you are just looking to HOLD a cruise.  Yes you can reprice before final payment but in the past many of us would book 2 - 3 and pick the one we found to the the best value and cancelled the others before the final payment.

I think it really depends what your original booking conditions were.  For example...I have gotten back a significant amount when I booked without KSF, and then re-priced with the offer.  Recently (beginning of October), I re-priced the Anthem GC and got back $1100 (for 4) because I originally booked it with BOGO50 and now it is BOGO60.  If it's instant savings offers those are a dime a dozen, so you won't see much kick back there.  Or with my Harmony cruise that I repriced already for KSF back in the spring, I am not going to see anything now with a new KSF offer.  So it really depends what your original booking was.

I booked a cruise with basically no perks for the spring of 2020, was satisfied with the price and didn't think anything of, then earlier this year the first BOGO60 comes out and I have MEI check the price and I got $1600 dollar discount.

So yes I agree that if I buy on one discounted offer it probably will not make much of a difference, but when booking with no discounts, it mattered.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Never is for summer or holiday sailings.

Just notice this...have grandkids 3 and 2 and looking at Bermuda next July...school doesn't impact them but it does for my wife.... should have different categories, like KSF4 for kids 4 and under who either don't go to school or can afford to miss a few days....