Cruise Wear

Kim&N8

OKAY! This isn't meant to be a debate about shorts in MDR and thongs at the pool, but...

What favorite clothing items are a must on every cruise? Accessories that are super functional? and the age old how not to look like a tourist? Do you fly to your port in clothes and promptly take them off packing them only for the trip back home? Do you like to fly home in your flip fops even if there is snow at home (RE: see attached picture of Nate in shorts and flip-flops in Rochester when it was snowing post cruise).  

N8.png

57 minutes ago, Kim&N8 said:

OKAY! This isn't meant to be a debate about shorts in MDR and thongs at the pool, but...

What favorite clothing items are a must on every cruise? Accessories that are super functional? and the age old how not to look like a tourist? Do you fly to your port in clothes and promptly take them off packing them only for the trip back home? Do you like to fly home in your flip fops even if there is snow at home (RE: see attached picture of Nate in shorts and flip-flops in Rochester when it was snowing post cruise).  

N8.png

Looking good.

5 minutes ago, Kim&N8 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 how many swimsuits? do you have a fav swim brand?

Don't laugh...but one for each day!

I have yet to find a favourite swim brand exactly but the last few years I have purchased quite a few pieces from Anthropolgie and Nanette Lepore. I started liking patterns and that's what drew me to those collections.

Shorts, sandals, and polo shirts - that's the default.

If it's too cold on departure from home to dress like that, a quick stop by the men's room at the airport to get into proper attire is made. Similar scenario on return.

On both Alaska cruises I've taken, the only time I wore long pants was for dinner in the MDR. Change right back to shorts as soon as possible. Even walked around the deck (comfortably) in shorts and sandals while cruising up to the glacier (while most of those outside were in heavy winter coats and complaining about the cold).

11 hours ago, Kim&N8 said:

Anyways less about my crazy need for fleece in the Caribbean- more about what other things everyone takes. Anyone have a love for Keens as a closed toe shoe option that is also a sandal? 

I can't say I love my Keens.  I do wear them as a water shoe but never around.  Probably the only almost cute option is the Keen Rose. I bought a pair for my DD18 and she had me return them and you really don't want to know her opinion of them. She's sticking with Chacos and will wear her running shoes as a closed toe shoe.

I love wearing summer dresses like you but without the sweater.  Restaurants where I live are very cold in the summer and will bring something there but I don't need it on the ship.

My last cruise I wore my Reefs around all day and I'm still paying for it as my plantar facitis acted up.  My favorite pair of sandals are from vionic.  They have some platform wedge sandals that can be worn around the pool or to dinner.   They are so comfortable and I can walk forever in them.