What can I expect with online check in

8 minutes ago, Gilligan said:

What time does it open up?  Will it be midnight on the 16th?  Or does the time vary?

It's midnight in the time zone from which your ship departs.  So, if your ship sails from Miami, Eastern.  Texas? Central, etc.

1 hour ago, Gilligan said:

What time does it open up?  Will it be midnight on the 16th?  Or does the time vary?

Tonite Midnite @ 12am.

On 4/13/2024 at 10:34 PM, Minuet888 said:

So my online check in is Tuesday April 16th (So for me on the west coast I guess it is 9pm monday night?  We are leaving out of Newark)

What do I do?  Never done this so I am wondering what to expect and what to do.

Your cruise is May 31 to June 6 Symphony sailed from Cape Liberty?  If yes, same as me.  Check in will be tonite @ 12am midnite EST.   I usually just pick the time I wanted and then go to sleep.  The rest of the info. scan passport, take a selfie , enter your cc, and in case of emergency contact. I usually fill them in a later or two later. 

When I hit the enter button checking in online, I found myself somehow transported to the deck of the ICON!  

Scared the heck outta me!  I quickly hit the back button and was relieved to be back home in my easy chair.  

My sailing wasn't for another two weeks! 😁  YMMV

Then again, it could have been a dream. 😉 

11 minutes ago, PhantomWolf said:

I'm going to be at a baseball game tonight when my window opens up.  Can I upload pictures previously taken or do I have to take a picture of my passport and a selfie within the app itself?

1. You can just select your arrival time in the app and do everything else later (which obviously makes the most sense in your case).

2. You can upload pics using the website (from your phone or computer); the app only allows selfies.

16 minutes ago, PhantomWolf said:

I'm going to be at a baseball game tonight when my window opens up.  Can I upload pictures previously taken or do I have to take a picture of my passport and a selfie within the app itself?

The photos can be done later, and in fact, a lot of people don't even bother and just do them at the port since a lot of times they re-take them, anyway. 

13 hours ago, PhantomWolf said:

We have to take a picture of our passport?  It didn't ask me for that

On 4/16/2024 at 9:25 PM, Minuet888 said:

We have to take a picture of our passport?  It didn't ask me for that

I just punched in the information at the ballpark.  No picture of it was needed.  However, I am stunned that it accepted my selfie with other people behind me in the stands.

9 minutes ago, PhantomWolf said:

I just punched in the information at the ballpark.  No picture of it was needed.  However, I am stunned that it accepted my selfie with other people behind me in the stands.

It accepts any facial picture/selfie as long as the resolution is high enough. What happens often is that when you get to the port for check-in you will be asked to take a new one (the agent quickly snaps a pic with their device). It's not big deal since it takes about 5 seconds but they seem to like our pictures for some reason and usually accept the ones we took.