Wow bands

Does anyone know If WOW bands are available on Symphony? I keep hearing different things. I am sailing April 20th and would really like the bands for my kids who would have a tendency to lose their card if they are carrying it around.

Thanks,

Chris

30 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I saw people wearing them on Symphony last month and actually found one that someone had dropped which I handed in to GS.

Haha... The point of me getting them for my kids is so they won't drop and lose their cards. Would be ironic if they lost their wow band.

Thanks for all the responses.

5 hours ago, Fastfaller said:

Haha... The point of me getting them for my kids is so they won't drop and lose their cards. Would be ironic if they lost their wow band.

You can buy "magic band locks" that can help hold them on more securely if you want that peace of mind. Or some of those little elastic hair bands to wrap around a few times. 

4 minutes ago, Gilley said:

I bought one on Anthem.  I think I’m going to give it to my grandson, to use on our Icon cruise.  Think or hoping this will work better than the seapass card for him.  

Wait you get use them on other cruises not just the one you bought it on? That I didn't know and that makes it more appealing. Unfortunately Liberty is our next 3 cruises and WOW bands wouldn't work on her. 

I seem to recall that as long as your old WOW band doesn’t have a muster station on it, you can have it reprogrammed on a different sailing….obviously so long as the ship has/uses WOW bands.  Some of the original WOW bands had a muster station printed on them (they discontinued this at some point) so those can’t be reused.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

Do you have to hand your WOW band over to a crew member when get a drink? 

If you are at a bar you can usually just tap your band, while wearing it, on the little pad they have. If you order from a server, you'll have to hand the actual band to them

12 hours ago, ScottD said:

If you are at a bar you can usually just tap your band, while wearing it, on the little pad they have. If you order from a server, you'll have to hand the actual band to them

Thanks! I think for days where are going to just hang by the pool the WOW band will be worth it. Are there other colors of bands and do you get to choose?

10 hours ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

Thanks! I think for days where are going to just hang by the pool the WOW band will be worth it. Are there other colors of bands and do you get to choose?

Yes, I believe there are a few colors to choose from. 

I believe you can get the WOW bands in Black, Blue, and White. Purpleish/Pink is Star Class only. The WOW bands worked great for us on the ship. You still will need to use the Seapass Card to get off at port stops. Yes they can be reprogramed for future cruises on ships with that tech(Oasis class except Allure, Quantum, and Icon). 

• 2 weeks later...