Utopia, July 19-22, 2024

We added this one to have a B2B. 

Now my only question is how does the port handle parking in cases of B2B's like this?

We are local and always park at the port for the convenience, but never taken a B2B

1 hour ago, JT77 said:

how does the port handle parking in cases of B2B's like this?

Unless PC has somehow closed the loophole, because you pay at the machine as you enter the garage, you only wind up paying for the length of the 1st half of your B2B. The machine has no way of knowing when you'll actually be back to leave.

I've only done one B2B myself (a 3/4 like yours) but that was a nice bonus savings, lol.

54 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Unless PC has somehow closed the loophole, because you pay at the machine as you enter the garage, you only wind up paying for the length of the 1st half of your B2B. The machine has no way of knowing when you'll actually be back to leave.

I've only done one B2B myself (a 3/4 like yours) but that was a nice bonus savings, lol.

That definitely is a bonus if it still works that way

We opted to just transfer over to the 3 night & this morning I woke up to all of my cruise planner purchases cancelled and my OBC vanished. My purchases were at rock bottom prices, I'm sitting tight for right now, but I'm thinking since I opted for the switch, I'm SOL on my great sale prices. I am feeling confident my $300.00 OBC will reappear, at least I hope so. I'm thinking it may reappear when my new invoice is sent over, fingers crossed. Anyone else?

I see this sailing in my cruises but I have no idea what's transferred over and what hasn't since this is another one of the use it or lose it inheritance sailings for me.

We originally were doing a B2B with the 22nd sailing and the following 3 nighter. They allowed those doing the same to switch the 3 nighter to this new July 19 sailing with no penalties or change fees. The invoice may still need adjustment in price. I think I saw a TA email warning of this. 

Oh boy,  my invoice was a mess straight away. @Sharla was on it and got it sorted this morning.  The pricing is now correct. Now she is actively trying to claw my OBC back, I have faith she can do it. 

Nothing in cruise planner yet, only 3 nights so probably get my Evian & the Railway restaurant. Standing by....

UPDATE: My OBC has reappeared, thanks to @Sharla tenacity. Dear Royal, Um...I went to make my purchases to start with the Evian & the Railroad Restaurant OBC in hand AND wait for it....nothing. Nothing available yet. Gees, we love you Royal but come on!! Sharla busted her butt to claw it back & now it sits there, staring at me, daring me to try to use it 😂🤦‍♀️

OMG, @OCSC Mike I laughed so hard I almost leaked!! So happy my tea was much earlier. This itty, bitty 3 night is in your old stomping grounds 17222 so very little room, don't forget kiddo and her hair junk🤣 so I already have a freeloader!

I do appreciate the offer though. Even 3 nights deserves Evian.

11 hours ago, Neesa said:

very little room

I just need to get onboard with a fancy sky sea pass. I told ya I’ll nap on the sun deck. Can’t waste time sleeping on such a short cruise anyway… it cuts into eating. No “hair junk” will be displaced by my presence. I promise. 🤣

Nothing, I contacted RCCL and they said keep checking! Thanks 4 nothing Royal Customer care.  

Update this morning, Saturday March 30....

Gifts & Gear is new this morning BUT only on the app it seems. I don't have it on my desk top. Nothing else except a few Nassau & Coco Cay offerings, beach beds starting at 399.00 & cabanas way up there. Missing from the offerings Hideaway Beach, nothing offered maybe sold out already? Maybe stopped selling in order for a special gathering of invited guests only? It's anyone's guess. We are on the Island with Allure I believe. 

Please, anyone on this sailing post when you catch some new offerings. Thanks so much!!

Edited by Neesa
Added thought

7 minutes ago, Sweety said:

@OCSC Mike@Neesa, I was able to book Mason Jar for dinner today. I wanted Brunch, but they are not offering it on the three day cruise.

Perhaps it isn't available yet or it's because it's the inaugural? I'd keep checking.

My wife and I were discussing this over the weekend since we have a few Utopia B2B's booked in the future. There's a tool someone from that other forum created that lets you see cruise planners for future cruises even if you're not booked and I saw brunch offered for whatever random 3N dates in August I chose. You can't see what days it's available but I'm assuming embarkation day since there are no sea days.

Here's the link if anyone is interested... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit#gid=0

You just have to enter the ship and date then use the links to look at whatever you want. Oh yeah, and YOU MUST BE LOGGED OUT OF THE RC WEBSITE to use it.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Perhaps it isn't available yet or it's because it's the inaugural? I'd keep checking.

My wife and I were discussing this over the weekend since we have a few Utopia B2B's booked in the future. There's a tool someone from that other forum created that lets you see cruise planners for future cruises even if you're not booked and I saw brunch offered for whatever random 3N dates in August I chose. You can't see what days it's available but I'm assuming embarkation day since there are no sea days.

Here's the link if anyone is interested... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit#gid=0

You just have to enter the ship and date then use the links to look at whatever you want. Oh yeah, and YOU MUST BE LOGGED OUT OF THE RC WEBSITE to use it.

I tried the link. No to Mason Jar Brunch. 

4 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I tried the link. No to Mason Jar Brunch. 

Don't try the inaugural, you can see that from your actual booking. Here's August 2nd's 3N cruise for example, and brunch is there...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/dining?bookingId=000000&shipCode=UT&sailDate=20240802

This doesn't mean it will be available for the inaugural, of course, I was just saying that it does appear to be available on other 3N sailings so there's a chance it will be.

I was able to finally purchase my Evian water, limited dining still & no railway. The prices this morning on Coco Cay especially the Beach club have come down some. I guess Allure passengers aren't paying those sky high prices either, still high as in 180.00 per person for entry (no thank you) and the cabanas have come down a bit there also, just under 3,000 for a beach cabana (again, no thank you) 

We have never done a stand alone 3 night sailing, we usually paired it for a B2B but at this point the cost is prohibitive with everything else we have going on. May take a page from @OCSC Mike Oasis Pool, lunch and back on the ship for Coco Cay visit.

I just wish Royal would even tease some more information on the Railway experience. 

9 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I was able to finally purchase my Evian water, limited dining still & no railway. The prices this morning on Coco Cay especially the Beach club have come down some. I guess Allure passengers aren't paying those sky high prices either, still high as in 180.00 per person for entry (no thank you) and the cabanas have come down a bit there also, just under 3,000 for a beach cabana (again, no thank you) 

We have never done a stand alone 3 night sailing, we usually paired it for a B2B but at this point the cost is prohibitive with everything else we have going on. May take a page from @OCSC Mike Oasis Pool, lunch and back on the ship for Coco Cay visit.

I just wish Royal would even tease some more information on the Railway experience. 

I usually do a B2B, but the prices are too high. I have Adventure August 2.

12 minutes ago, Neesa said:

May take a page from @OCSC Mike Oasis Pool, lunch and back on the ship for Coco Cay visit.

Spending extra time on the ship during an inaugural isn't the worst thing in the world.

We left CocoCay earlier than usual last month (lack of sleep and heat are a bad combo) but it didn't ruin our cruise of course. I won't let it happen again though, lol. Back to taking dips in the pool and sitting on the underwater bench under the palm trees where the big iguana lives for me!

3 hours ago, Sweety said:

I usually do a B2B, but the prices are too high. I have Adventure August 2.

I second this. The inaugural prices were high. I have never sailed one and wanted to experience it. While I wished it was a longer sailing if it was I for sure would not have been able to book it. If I enjoy the ship I'll go ahead and sail her again some time later in the future .... when the pricing is better.

6 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I second this. The inaugural prices were high. I have never sailed one and wanted to experience it. While I wished it was a longer sailing if it was I for sure would not have been able to book it. If I enjoy the ship I'll go ahead and sail her again some time later in the future .... when the pricing is better.

I booked Mason Jar.

7 hours ago, Neesa said:

My past Allure sailing had over water cabanas going for $4100 including tax. By the time we sailed they were down to $1900 and then if you were a vintage you got another 25% off. They weren’t sold out even then. One of the Quantum ships was there as well that day so it wasn’t for lack of customers.

I think we will see something similar with a Utopia regarding lack of interest for their insane pricing schedule. 

To me it's crazy thinking. We thought sitting empty makes zero money, same thing we saw on Barefoot Beach. The structure is just sitting there, just waiting to make some $$.  Just price so they sell out every sailing some profit is better than none. I can't fathom the fact that the price doesn't include beverages, at least waters and soda as well. 

Screenshot_20240403_164926_Royal.jpg

Edited by Neesa
Added pics

45 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Just price so they sell out every sailing some profit is better than none.

Some have suggested the logic is to sell 10 at $3000 rather than 20 at $1500.

46 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I can't fathom the fact that the price doesn't include beverages, at least waters and soda as well. 

FWIW (not a ton, lol) they do include unlimited bottled water. There’s a large container of ice with a bunch of bottles waiting for you and your server will refill it upon request.

16 minutes ago, Sweety said:

Mason Jar brunch is only on Day 1. I am going to the Windjammer for that awesome seafood brunch.

So jealous of that inaugural WJ spread. 😋  Hope you all enjoy!

You know I love the Mason Jar brunch but not as much as steak and lobster and everything else at no additional cost.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

So jealous of that inaugural WJ spread. 😋  Hope you all enjoy!

You know I love the Mason Jar brunch but not as much as steak and lobster and everything else at no additional cost.

Oh, there's additional cost, you saw the inaugural pricing right? We just pre paid for the spread & experience!

9 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Oh, there's additional cost, you saw the inaugural pricing right? We just pre paid for the spread & experience!

Fair point... nothing additional to the additional then. Mason Jar costs additional on top of the additional.

You know I saw it, I had an interior on hold for myself and a highly desirable GS on hold in the hopes of freeloading... now someone else has that GS. 😉