Adventure or Independance which would you choose?

My family are contemplating a winter 2026 cruise from Florida. We are looking between Adventure and Independence. Costs are fairly comparable, with Independence  being slightly more expensive. Any strong feelings on what you would pick or big differentiators? Thanks in advance! 

I've been on Adventure a few times with my older teenage kids, and they had a blast on it.  Adventure is a little smaller and older, but still a great ship for the family.  Independance is a little bigger, and newer, and has some things you won't find on adventure like Playmakers, an escape room, and an actual Broadway show.  Never been on Independance with the kids, but enjoyed it with just my wife and myself.  If the prices are "comparable", then I would go for Independance, but Adventure is not a bad choice either.

You and I must be looking at similar itineraries - I too was going back and forth between an Independence 7 nighter and Adventure 8 nighter in winter 2026. While I liked both itineraries, Adventure was slightly cheaper, so that's what I went with. That being said, I did Independence in September 2023 and LOVED the ship. I've done Navigator, similar to Adventure, so I think it will be just fine. Choose for itinerary if you can, make it more interesting!

The difference between the ships is less than you might think. Both are the same layout.  Both have very similar decor. Independence is slightly newer and bigger, but not all that much.

As a practical matter, Indy has a sorrentos in the promenade. Adventure does not. Indy has cantilevered whirlpools,  Adventure does not. Indy has a designated kiddie pool.  I'm not sure if that was retrofitted to Adventure. 

Unless these features mean a lot to you go with the better itinerary 

On 1/27/2024 at 4:25 PM, smokeybandit said:

Since they're so similar, I would decide based on price, schedule and itinerary first.

For me:

1 - schedule and itinerary. For example, a Saturday to Saturday might be better because you have a day to get back to your routine. Or a Sunday to Sunday might be better for you because of the travel day getting to the port a day early.

2 - price, since they're similar. If you like the itinerary and/or the timing better, a small increase in cost will be worth it.