How long before I can plan?

I booked a cruise today and wanted to immediately start planning, or at least look at prices.  But every link I go to says 'coming soon', photos, excursions, drinks, etc.

The cruise is less than 2 months out, how long before I can start booking things?  In the past I remember being able to add things immediately.

8 hours ago, DeerGuy said:

I can't do anything, that's the problem.  None of the links work on the Plan My Cruise tab.

Are you looking on the app or online ?  My experience is that the app is much less user-friendly for Cruise Planner purchases.  The CP certainly has its issues from time-to-time but overall I find it more useful for doing pre-cruise purchases.

You should definitely be able to look at things like dining, drink packages and excursions if your cruise is only 2 months from now.

5 minutes ago, tjcruisers said:

From my experience, outside of shows, everything you can book shows up immediately (excursions, drink packages, dining etc)

Thats been my experience also, but still not working this morning (app or website).  No photo, drink, or dining packages, or anything else.

11 minutes ago, Cruising_Figure_Skater said:

It can take a little time for your booking to link up and become available for planning - I'd say if it's still not showing anything tomorrow, give whoever you booked with a call. 

That's a good point.  @DeerGuy, is your booking showing up under "upcoming cruises" ?

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Do you see "Plan my cruise" under that reservation on the website?

Yes, that's where nothing is coming up.  No drink packages, no photo packages, only 3 excursions, no dining packages, no entertainment, etc.

My experience... There are times that excursions, beverages, and other add-ons are not shown on the website, while they are shown on the app.  And conversely, sometimes they are shown on the website and not on the app.  And sometimes they are not shown on either. 

I just stick to it and keep looking until they magically reappear.  RC is not known for their IT prowess.  They have a lot going on, and I suspect with all the hands in the pot, so to speak, the app and website gets confused.

1 minute ago, DeerGuy said:

Still nothing.  Called RC and they had no solution other than to keep checking back. Surprised they didn't ask if I was sure my computer was plugged in.

I would call back and insist on speaking to someone in charge. Lots of stuff can and will be sold out 2 months before. They are loosing money on things you may want to book. If you do nothing at this point, so will they. 

2 hours ago, DeerGuy said:

Still nothing.  Called RC and they had no solution other than to keep checking back. Surprised they didn't ask if I was sure my computer was plugged in.

My first job out of college was at a newspaper that had a side hustle as a dial up ISP. I had an older gentleman call up the help desk saying he couldn't ever get online when he was on the phone.

I as nicely as I could explained as to why you couldn't be online and on the phone on the same line at the same time. And immediately knew my future was not in customer service.

On 1/21/2024 at 11:42 AM, DeerGuy said:

So far nothing is showing up on either.  I'll call on Monday.

Did you start a roll call for your cruise…or is there one already started?  You could ask others on you same cruise if they also are having issues.  I’m sorry this is happening to you!  Hope it gets resolved soon!