The app is nothing but a headache!

Every time I turn around this app has more and more issues and some seriously bad ones. Because I don't trust anything internet technology wise I daily try to open our set sail pass because we are a little over a month already from our Anthem cruise. Today of course the set sail pass will not open. Try it several times, uninstalled the app, reinstalled and signed been in. Set sail pass will not open. Anyone else having this issue that, had this issue in the past? This on cruise day would be a disaster. The app is nothing but a headache. 

27 minutes ago, judgen said:

I'm on the same cruise and just checked app and it shows. There was an update 1 or 2 days ago. Have you updated? I also have paper copy just in case.

Yes, I did the update. It's working now. I'm not printing out the set sail pass. It's a total waste and that's why we have he app. It's working now, I will keep my eye on it. Thanks for the suggestion. 

You do not have to use the app.   You can still do everything with paperwork and documents.  Your travel agent can print and send you all of your documents.  On the ship check with your cabin Stewart to see if he can leave you the daily Cruise Compas.  If not, you just have to stop by customer service and pick it up.

6 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

What is a sail pass?

Sorry if that's a dumb question but I'm new to this.

Basically ... your ticket to get on board ... your ticket to ride that contains your basic cruise info like ship, date and so on as well as a bar code that gets scanned when you are going through the boarding process. It is either mailed to you (old school), sent to you as an electronic document in e-mail that you can either print at home or display on your electronic device (phone) or via the RC app. Across the top of the document is printed "Set Sail Pass". At some point in the boarding process you receive a "Sea Pass" card (typically in a pocket beside your cabin door). This card is all you will need to get off and on the ship during the cruise, open your cabin door and It is often tied to a credit card and can be used to purchase anything on board during the cruise.

So ... Set Sail Pass is your ticket to get onboard and the Sea Pass is your key to everything once you are onboard.

15 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yes, I did the update. It's working now. I'm not printing out the set sail pass. It's a total waste and that's why we have he app. It's working now, I will keep my eye on it. Thanks for the suggestion. 

You should still screen shot it. Once you're in a crowd of people like the terminal, cell service can definitely lag, and it has nothing to do with the app at that point. A screen shot on your phone is always a good back up plan for slow cell service. 

15 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

There is a concept in business called "mistake proofing". So us folks who print set sail passes are trying to avoid a mistake if phone fails, gets lost or stolen, etc. Likewise, phone is backup if paper is lost.  In my senior years I find I do more risk management. And then there is  th concept of "reorder point" for household supplies like toilet paper!...Lean 6 Sigma and TQM actually work.

On 1/14/2024 at 12:52 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Screenshot it, add it to your Apple Wallet if applicable, print paper copies...

The app can definitely be glitchy but not being able to bring up your set sail pass on embarkation day shouldn't be a disaster.

What is an Apple Wallet?

My wallet is leather. If i shoot my phone then it will no longer function as there will be a hole in it.