CRUISING OUT OF MIAMI

9 minutes ago, HeatherP said:

We are cruising out of Miami for the first time and need suggestions on hotels.  We will be flying in 2 days before our cruise to check out the area as well.  Where would you recommend staying for ease of travel?

I would start with this blog article by Jenna!

Best Miami hotels near the cruise port | Royal Caribbean Blog

We're sailing out of Miami in May (first time since 2010)... It will be just my wife and I, so we splurged a little and booked the InterContinental Miami (booked a Bay view room so we can see the port 😃).

Depends on what you want- we stayed by the airport and by the port itself, both at kind of budget hotels, but both clean and did the job. Near the airport we did the Clarion, walking distance to a sports bar, a few stores and a McDonalds (which came in clutch for breakfast I walked over and picked up while everyone else got ready)took a shuttle to the port. Closer to the port we stayed at the YVE hotel- a little outdated and smaller rooms, small restaurant\bar with breakfast and was right across the street from the bayside marketplace which is a cool open air shopping center with a few restaurants.  The hotel had a shuttle, but we actually took a cab as it ended up being cheaper. 

On 1/9/2024 at 11:12 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We are huge fans of the Intercontinental Miami! That is our "go to" every time we sail from Miami.

We are sailing from Miami for the first time (Icon 27th).  We booked the Breakwater in South Beach to experience night life and a Cuban show.  We have another cruise booked sailing from Miami and will need to decide about lodging.  What are the advantages / “go to” aspects of Intercontinental?

13 minutes ago, Doug_Texas said:

What are the advantages / “go to” aspects of Intercontinental?

I haven't personally stayed there, but it's definitely a winner for location. It's really close to the port and you can walk to dining and shopping.  You can also get there from the airport by using the Metro and Peoplemover provided you can handle your luggage with stairs.

1 hour ago, Doug_Texas said:

We are sailing from Miami for the first time (Icon 27th).  We booked the Breakwater in South Beach to experience night life and a Cuban show.  We have another cruise booked sailing from Miami and will need to decide about lodging.  What are the advantages / “go to” aspects of Intercontinental?

All the points that @AshleyDillo said. Plus, 5 minute ride to the port, you can literally see the ships from the hotel, and the hotel itself is beautiful! We also upgrade to club level so drinks, breakfast, and happy hour are complimentary. I just love the Intercontinental! Seriously, what hotel in Miami can you get a view like this? 
CD77C80D-E86D-47BB-9CFB-DE07E7EB5783.thumb.jpeg.2786bc3c84eef1226eedb57e980391a3.jpeg

13 hours ago, Cruisegirl1976 said:

I love the location of YVE, right across from Bayside Marketplace and close to the port.

Same. We really enjoyed it, especially for the price we got it at.  And I was able to run across to the cvs for snacks and a bottle of wine for the wife to enjoy in the room. Here was our view from our room at the YVE: 

image.png.dcec4430bd7b9e8f7197c0ea1744005f.png

I stayed in South Beach one time and it was awesome.  The beach is awesome during the day and all the neon lights at night are really cool.  You can go to South Point Park on the South end and watch the ships leave the nights you're there.  It's expensive to eat and drink though.