🌟💫⭐️A “Starry” Christmas - Harmony Dec 24-31, 2023⭐️💫🌟

Jax

Random observations. 
The ship is packed so it should come as no surprise that the ship is running hot and the elevators are a nightmare. It’s still annoying. Instead of up charging for holiday menus Lindsay said they should sell express elevator passes. 🤣 Maybe this idea should GITCC @SweetPea 😆 

We have spent more time on our deck than any other cruise.  We didn’t go to the royal theatre Christmas singing show at 9pm because we had a feeling it would be hot from the 7pm show. 😨 We are grateful we can spend time in our suite and on our deck. ❤️❤️

46 minutes ago, Jax said:

Honestly who would wear these 

😂 embarrassed to say that I know a few who might 

13 minutes ago, Jax said:

Oh @Lovetocruise2002 I forgot to mention Lundsay tried the mushroom soup for the first time.  He loved it.  And for the truffle lovers I got the truffle fries but what am I missing.  @asquared17 They seem like normal fries.  

Yay!!! I literally think of that soup all the time. And if you did not taste the truffle oil in the fries, then they did not do it right. That is usually what sets them apart. 

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

😂 embarrassed to say that I know a few who might 

🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

And if you did not taste the truffle oil in the fries, then they did not do it right. That is usually what sets them apart. 

Good to know. Definitely not done right. They tasted like normal fries.  

33 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

@asquared17 mentioned that Oasis was also hot in the middle of the night. I wonder if AC is another thing that Royal is cutting back on?

Thankfully the AC works great in our suite. It’s nice and cold in here. But the public spaces are another story. Bodies generate heat but this sailing seems particularly hot. 

8 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

@asquared17 mentioned that Oasis was also hot in the middle of the night. I wonder if AC is another thing that Royal is cutting back on?

we also wondered if they would still be cutting the AC in the suites and hypothesized that they probably weren’t risking that…. 

given that jax says it’s at least remaining cold in their suite… this picture being painted is NOT good 😩

also ps: the truffle fries are not typically overwhelmingly truffled BUT if you tasted nothing, it was likely a weak batch. 😔

Star Class Flowrider session 8:30-10am. 
I totally forgot about the star class session so my trip to the thermal suite was delayed.
This session worked out great! I know it’s a hot topic but Lindsay definitely got lucky with only a couple star call guests there. He actually had more time on the flowrider this morning than he did in our private session yesterday. Shortly after our arrival it was just him and another man. Lindsay earned his white band for stand up!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1268.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpeg

Private Photo Shoot 

This happened last night with pictures taken in the studio and by the Boardwalk. I reviewed the pictures this morning and made my selections. Regular price is $499.99 and I paid $199.99 via cruise planner sale.  5 pictures are included.  I didn’t have high expectations; my hair and the humidity was awful. I brought the wrong dress shoes for Reyd 😬 IYKYK. I thought there would be more pressure to upgrade but nope.  So@Lovetocruise2002 I did not upgrade.  As long as I kept my favorites to under 10 they were included on the USB.  I need to go back tonight and get the pics airdropped as we don’t have a device with USB ports.  I will post a few when I get them.  

It’s absolutely beautiful today so eating lunch on the patio seemed like a great idea.  My goto is the Chop burger. So much better than Johnny Rockets. The boys planned on WJ but after the alpha alpha alpha grabbed the dog house and Sabor. They talk a good WJ game but they have yet to actually go. 🤣 I told them to take a picture.  

IMG_1284.jpeg

Lindsay and Reyd were going to do the rock climbing with our friends.  Berty was in our suite at the time and mentioned that there is no star class priority between 1-4. Lindsay was like “no problem” but Berty and I knew it would be a problem.  But off they go and return 5 minutes later saying “the lines are huge” 🤣 Hopefully they can catch it another time.  

31 minutes ago, Jax said:

So much better than PlayMakers.

Never had a Chops burger for obvious reasons but we really like the Playmakers burgers.

35 minutes ago, Jax said:

The boys planned on WJ but after the alpha alpha alpha grabbed the dog house and Sabor.

As the resident WJ fan, I’d be grabbing Sabor too (when not eating sushi).

57 minutes ago, Jax said:

So@Lovetocruise2002 I did not upgrade.  As long as I kept my favorites to under 10 they were included on the USB.  

Well consider me impressed!

Although I am sorry to hear that you did not love them. I am sure they still looked wonderful. They will include up to 10? It used to be only 5. 

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Well consider me impressed!

Although I am sorry to hear that you did not love them. I am sure they still looked wonderful. They will include up to 10? It used to be only 5. 

Yes, in my initial attempt to narrow down my favorites to 5 I had 9. She said as long as they are under 10 they are included.  Who knows with Royal if it’s a ship of fleetwide policy. 

4 minutes ago, Jax said:

Sorry, I meant Johnny Rockets. My bad.  We love Playmaker's and really miss it on HM. Such good food and vibes.  

I don't judge but that makes more sense. I missed Playmakers on Allure but it gave me a chance to go to Sabor which I may not see again anytime soon (possibly ever) so it worked it out well.

18 hours ago, Jax said:

Instead of up charging for holiday menus Lindsay said they should sell express elevator passes. 🤣 Maybe this idea should GITCC

Haha! Great idea! Keep a running list! (We actually use the Paper app and label it GITCC!)

And i was going to say, I'm with @OCSC Mike! Playmakers burgers are awesome, but i totally agree with you .... Johnny Rockets is just meh. Shame Harmony doesn't have PM.

I can say we were generally freezing on OA in September so this may be a new thing or maybe a sailings from the South thing?

Too bad Reyd and Lyndsay didn't try rock climbing at 12:59 🤣.

Just now, SweetPea said:

Shame Harmony doesn't have PM.

I know!! They are swapping out Sabor for Playmakers but the time line is unknown.  Whenever she goes in drydock. I think Oasis remains our favorite solely because of Playmakers and Portside BBQ.  We miss them both. Great lunch options. 

Just now, SweetPea said:

Too bad Reyd and Lyndsay didn't try rock climbing at 12:59 🤣.

Haha and they got to watch that massive line all afternoon from our deck. Lesson for Lindsay; Berty knows best. 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Jax said:

Haha and they got to watch that massive line all afternoon from our deck. Lesson for Lindsay; Berty knows best.

Question: i know when climbers reach the top, they ring a bell. It sounds like a pretty busy day on the wall.  Can you hear constant dinging? Is it bothersome at all?

4 hours ago, Jax said:

@Lovetocruise2002, our first ranger cookie!! I don’t like coconut but the boys thought they were really good.  Slowly we are ticking off the list of recommendations. Tonight Berty is sending the purple mad hatter shrimp thingy for Lindsay to try during the ATS. 

It took you 3 days to finally try it?! Lol

When we sail star, those cookies are in our daily standing order 😉

Also, I hope Lindsay likes the shrimp. It was on your welcome platter on boarding day. I saw it in your pics. It was the thing in the middle.

1 hour ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Just saw on news people waited 4 hrs to get thru TSA even with precheck and says next busiest travel day will be Friday.  Looks like travel for News Years Eve cruises is going to be chaotic with weather, delays and now TSA issues

Yikes! Which airport was this? We fly out on Friday from DTW 😬 praying for uneventful air travel lol

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Question: i know when climbers reach the top, they ring a bell. It sounds like a pretty busy day on the wall.  Can you hear constant dinging? Is it bothersome at all?

We can hear it but honestly it’s not enough to register most times. I only really notice the bell if I happen to be watching the climbers.  

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It took you 3 days to finally try it?! Lol

When we sail star, those cookies are in our daily standing order 😉

Also, I hope Lindsay likes the shrimp. It was on your welcome platter on boarding day. I saw it in your pics. It was the thing in the middle.

Haha, blame the food coma. We rarely snack as a result but I have made special requests throughout the week. I read about all this food and snacks on everyone’s blogs and I have FOMO. 😂 Poor Lindsay returned to the suite tonight after a huge meal at Jaime’s to this. 🤣

IMG_1326.jpeg

IMG_1325.jpeg

8 hours ago, Jax said:

Alpha alpha alpha deck 16 WJ. 

This is the first time I have heard an alpha alpha alpha. 

i pray you do not hear 9 more of these calls 🙃😩🫠🫡

8 hours ago, Jax said:

Throughout the day the suite is cold but during sleeping hours Reyd and I have both woke up sweating.  So now I am beginning to wonder 🤔

THIS GAME IS RIGGED. 

tbh if i find out they are killing the AC at night on the “common decks” and NOT on deck 17/18… my outrage will be KNOWN. 

this is crazy. 

Tonight was Country night and we ate at Jaime’s with our friends. This was the first night we ate together due to the up charge for them on the 24th and 25th.  When we had lunch there on embarkation day our waiter Alex was great so we requested him tonight and Berty made that happen.  We ordered all the appetizers in multiple quantities and many of the entrees.  Service and food was excellent. We surprised Simon and Chanon with a 25th anniversary celebration.  It was a great night. Surprising friends with celebrations is a great star class perk.  @asquared17 you would be proud, lots of truffle dishes ordered. My favorite was truffle Burrato. That was a surprise I wasn’t expecting.  

C4CFBF6D-0535-4105-B74C-2390E0CB9C2F.jpeg

83610CF8-6E1E-4B74-A829-C5233F552BF1.jpeg

06ACD7FC-818F-4C48-8D25-CE73EF4AE9A3.jpeg

71A7BD78-ADE3-4988-8A9B-85CC56B8B09D.jpeg

Just now, asquared17 said:

THIS GAME IS RIGGED. 

tbh if i find out they are killing the AC at night on the “common decks” and NOT on deck 17/18… my outrage will be KNOWN. 

this is crazy. 

We could solve this mystery if only I brought a heat gun. Lol  I am probably not a good judge of heat coming from a wintery climate; I wonder if the humidity may be at play while we sleep. Possibly making us sweaty. 96 today with 50% humidity.  Some great weather in our forecast but why why why the humidity! 😩