Port Everglades Check In Times?

Rory

Sailing Symphony 12/2 and check in just opened. Earliest time was 11:30. Asked if this was normal for Port Everglades cruises and most answers were yes, it is normal. I have usually had 10:30 or 11 times in Miami, Galveston and Long Beach. Can any cruisers that sail Royal from Port Everglades recently share their check in times? Our group also speculated that since this sailing is just after Thanksgiving perhaps they needed extra time to put up Christmas decor? Other question is when would suite guests with priority boarding arrive if 11:30 is the earliest check in time? Thanks for any feedback! 

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Sailing Symphony 12/2 and check in just opened. Earliest time was 11:30. Asked if this was normal for Port Everglades cruises and most answers were yes, it is normal. I have usually had 10:30 or 11 times in Miami, Galveston and Long Beach. Can any cruisers that sail Royal from Port Everglades recently share their check in times? Our group also speculated that since this sailing is just after Thanksgiving perhaps they needed extra time to put up Christmas decor? Other question is when would suite guests with priority boarding arrive if 11:30 is the earliest check in time? Thanks for any feedback! 

I am on the same sailing and the earliest time I could get wsa 12 noon.

In general, my recent experiences has been that the terminal will generally start allowing people in between 10:15-10:30 and then actual boarding will usually start around 11:15-11:30.  Every terminal is different but generally these seem to be the approximate times.  I have not received a 10:30 arrival time lately.  They seem to start around 11:00 these days but it seems like they’re opening the terminal around the same time as they used to.  YMMV

25 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

We are sailing from Port Everglades on 10/31 on Liberty which is her first cruise from the port. She is coming from NJ with no passengers and the earliest check-in time for our sailing was 11:30. 

On the same cruise and yes, 11:30 was the earliest at midnight the first day of check in.

But now that I know it will be an empty ship, I may show up at 10:30 just in case.

@PL8SWPR my theory is the repositioning is why nothing is showing up in the app yet too.🤷‍♀️  I'm the one in our family tapping my foot in the hotel the morning of a cruise and pushing them to get to the terminal early. I'm sure I'll see you there - just look for the crazy lady with purple hair knocking on the terminal door to see if they are ready for us yet. 😆