Vision Class Scrapping?

ApexoftheSeas

Considering putting in an offer?

Right now, it's anybody's guess. Royal's not going to sell them off to potential competitors, and the number of lines have dwindled since the COVID shutdown. I suspect Royal will end up running them until either they're more of a drain on resources or brand image than the money they're generating, then send 'em to be scraped. If you're wanting a date, my predication is before the end of 2038 Royal will have retired the Vision-class from their fleet.

We were on Grandeur this past week and I have to say, when I looked up at the nasty brown stuff coming out of the smokestack (or whatever that’s called), I was like, “whew….that’s disgusting”.  I noticed that the smoke from Oasis (parked next to us in Nassau) looked so much cleaner.  It’s just a matter of time…

There's no plans announced, so it's anyone's guess.

Part of the issue is the resale market for cruise ships is still non-existent. Historically, there was a market to sell off old ships and get some value back.  Scrapping is not very cost effective and a last-resort.

As an example, Grandeur was announced before 2020 it would be sold off.  Then the shutdown occurred and Royal Caribbean kept the ship. And there's been no word since.

To me, that says it's "cheaper to keep her" in service.