Reason number 785436 to buy travel insurance

Question for the panel. What is the latest you can purchase travel insurance? Unique situation here where we live in South Florida, so no flying to a city. However, we do want to ensure we have coverage for any type of emergency that would cause us to cancel and we'd want some sort of medical coverage as well. We are about 110 days out from our sailing. 

I have never purchased travel insurance and never needed it. Reading this thread I just purchased an annual policy from Allianz.  We have 5 cruises booked in next 14 months and typically take non-business flight/trips a few times a year in addition.

I just got the basic one, which appears medical is the big selling point of that one. I hope we don't need it (obvs) but if we do...

15 minutes ago, brdjnr said:

I have never purchased travel insurance and never needed it. Reading this thread I just purchased an annual policy from Allianz.  We have 5 cruises booked in next 14 months and typically take non-business flight/trips a few times a year in addition.

I just got the basic one, which appears medical is the big selling point of that one. I hope we don't need it (obvs) but if we do...

Very smart move

We always buy insurance

we fly out 1st thing the day before.  Iows 1st flight at 7 a.m. we are on it. 

We also buy it for a different reason.  My cousin sailing the Caribbean got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.  Coming back to bed she hit it and the way she fell she broke her hip (she was in her late 50s)  they had to helo her out to Jamaica.

As others have already posted, get an annual plan from Allianz (or another solid provider). The many benefits are great, but the medical evac coverage alone will actually cover ALL of the costs of having an emergency helicopter get you air-lifted back to a 1st-world country. The devil's in the details.

We always have the third party insurance policy. Ours is annual due to the number of cruises we do in a year. If you take three in that period it is cheaper than individual ones. We have seen in the past year and a half three medivacs with two on one voyage alone. The cost of these is tremendous and the policy we carry covers this and has only a $100 deductible which is waived if you use one of their providers. All it takes is one and we were given this advice on just our second cruise from a seasoned traveler who had to use his. We have had to use it when one of our cruises was delayed for hotel use. Now we will not go unless we have it.