Connecting rooms suite/balcony and losing perks

I'm going on a cruise on symphony in June 2024, we decided to do a suite and a balcony connecting rooms. As you can imagine it costs big bucks. My husband and I just did a short 4 day on liberty with my 2 sons 14 & 16. We loved the suite perks. We have never cruised before and to be honest my husband and I never had done well with our business until recently so we couldn't afford a luxury vacation like this. So this was a big vacation for us! My 16 year old has autism and was really overstimulated and needed a quiet room to decompress. Not having the second room sucked. And Really put a damper on our vacation 😔

When I priced a second room on symphony for a longer trip, the only thing that really worked in our price range with an attached room, was an attached balcony room. But we have to list one adult and one child in each room. So we loose a bunch of the suite perks. Because only 2 of us are actually in a suite 😔 It actually costs more money to put all 4 of us in a one room suite together! Then I purchased The Key for the balcony room for my husband and one son, so at least they have the internet and priority boarding and disembarking. But this totally sucks! Now my husband can't do the coastal kitchen with me or the suite Lounge!? Does anyone know if I can bring my husband in instead of my son?? Will they let us do that, or pay coastal kitchen if I eat there? Is there a way for him to enjoy as one of the suite perks my son won't use? My husband does not drink and purchased a soda package, so we aren't looking to take advantage. It just kinda sucks we bought the key, and it's not really covering all the vases. Plus I bought internet for my son and I who are in the suite! As nd just found out in skg class on symphony you get it it as part of your package! They sold me the internet! I'll be calling tomorrow about that!!! Ugh!! Thanks everyone 

Hi,

Congrats on the business doing better!

You can cancel the extra internet in your cruise planner if you know how.  What I'm seeing that you should call about is the room situation.  If the rooms are right next to each other or across the hall, you don't need to have an adult listed in the room with the children.  That would seem to solve your problem.

Otherwise, what I've done when not in rooms next door was go to guest services with both key cards and ask them to swap the guests.  They do it no questions asked so that would also take care of getting your husband where you want.

I get that it bums you out, but the cruise line is providing you all the benefits you purchased.  

In any case, if you're cabins are truly adjacent, your problem is solved already.

image.thumb.png.96644495230bcfc61d0bca1e9f79bf08.png

If you purchased the internet via the Cruise Planner;

Go to the Cruise Planner…upper right side click on History…your internet purchase should come up. It will give you a choice to cancel the purchase. Clicking on it will begin the refund back to your credit card.

Call them and make the changes as mentioned above. Then you can cancel the extra internet that isn't needed. In the future use a TA or call Royal to make the booking if you're doing the adjacent cabin for non-adults thing. The website sometimes won't allow it but the Royal Caribbean FAQ has it in writing thar you can put them in adjacent cabins.

Most importantly, enjoy your cruise!

@Aelish Salvesen I'm sure you already realize this, but be aware that the children will not be eligible for any of the suite amenities (except those associated with the Key) or have access to any of the suite facilities/venues.  So they will not be able to join you in the CK for meals or enjoy 11-11 beverages in the SL.  As long as you're ok with that, switching the names around should work !

2 hours ago, Aelish Salvesen said:

RC told me I'm not allowed to have a child listed in the room without an adult. Does anyone know where RC says you can? Maybe I can switch the names once on board? Since rooms are connecting? I did book directly with RC.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/international-age-policy

It states the rooms must be connecting to do it, but it is allowed.

The RC person who told you about an adult required to be with a child is wrong.  You will need to call back and get someone else.  We do this very kind of booking very often.  In Feb we sailed in a Grande suite on Allure with our 2 kids in the interconnected balcony next door.  The suite concierge said since we are interconnected they get suite benefits such as access to the lounge and CK.  She even changed their key cards out to suite cards.  Nice little perk we were unaware of.

Even if we aren’t booked in a suite we always book the kids in the interconnected room next to us.  The benefit of the second bathroom is amazing! Also a little privacy for us.  

1 hour ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

In Feb we sailed in a Grande suite on Allure with our 2 kids in the interconnected balcony next door.  The suite concierge said since we are interconnected they get suite benefits such as access to the lounge and CK.  She even changed their key cards out to suite cards.  Nice little perk we were unaware of.

i would be curious to know if this is enforced across the fleet, as it would make our planning look a bit different as well. 💚

1 hour ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

The RC person who told you about an adult required to be with a child is wrong.  You will need to call back and get someone else.  We do this very kind of booking very often.  In Feb we sailed in a Grande suite on Allure with our 2 kids in the interconnected balcony next door.  The suite concierge said since we are interconnected they get suite benefits such as access to the lounge and CK.  She even changed their key cards out to suite cards.  Nice little perk we were unaware of.

Even if we aren’t booked in a suite we always book the kids in the interconnected room next to us.  The benefit of the second bathroom is amazing! Also a little privacy for us.  

Better yet if you are withing 30 days of the original booking, I would contact an MEI Travel Agent (they are blog supporters @Sharla) and transfer the booking to them.  It costs you nothing to use them and they can get this children in a connecting room issue worked out for you easily.

As far as any perks for the children in the Connecting Balcony that is going to very up to the Suite Concierge on board, I will say that they will almost certainly be able to embark and disembark with you through the Suite Priority lines.  The other perk they can enjoy is the reserved seating in the theatre and shows as they rarely check the accompanying persons cards after the first person, especially so with children.