Sailing Date Change

Hi

We booked 3 rooms for Odyssey for 2 July 2023 and would like to change the sailing date to 9 July 2023. I have called RC and they gave me an email send my request to and it has been over 2 weeks with no reply! Has anyone been in the same situation? Any tips or suggestions on how we can change sailing date? Any help would be great 🙂 
From what I have read here, next we will book through an agent for sure.

Thanks for the reply

I gave them a call today, they could make the change and I would need to pay $100/person. But they also said I have to pay the difference in the cost of each room. Did anyone go through this as well, where they had to pay the difference in room cost?

20 minutes ago, Someone101 said:

Thanks for the reply

I gave them a call today, they could make the change and I would need to pay $100/person. But they also said I have to pay the difference in the cost of each room. Did anyone go through this as well, where they had to pay the difference in room cost?

Yes. You are essentially booking a new cruise. You don't get to use your old locked in price for any future cruise you want.

2 hours ago, Someone101 said:

Thanks for the reply

Upon a change like this you would pay prevailing rates on the day of the change.  

2 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

And $100 more per person for a cruise just weeks away is unusually low. Glad it worked out with a minimum of difficulty.

The $100 per person is the change fee. That's on top of the price difference between the cruise already booked and the one they want to switch to.  

6 hours ago, Someone101 said:

Thanks for the reply

Yes, you would have to pay the new room rate.  It is like a new booking, rates do not hold for another cruise usually.

10 hours ago, Someone101 said:

Thanks for the reply

You are inside of the no refund policy, I’m surprised they’d allow a change.  

When you make a change to a reservation it is subject to current rates (prevailing rate is another term used here).   It is mentioned in various locations  on the discussion group, I cannot pinpoint the threads , but the topic comes up often-adding someone to a cabin, removing someone from the cabin etc.