HOW do you find the CP beverage package sales??!

So I keep reading the advice to book the drink package you want, and re-book if the price decreases.  And, I get notifications on the app of drink package sales (as well as the heads' up sometimes given here).  BUT.  We have done a handful of cruises since 2019 and whenever I look for these sales, the planner has only ever given me the same price I already paid, with the option to "reserve again".   Never once have I seen a lower price.  What am I doing wrong?

Nothing.

I check the CP every other day or so and the sales are.......meh. Royal is having the same sale all the time now, because of supply and demand. People are paying higher prices; in fact, some people are paying full onboard prices when they board. So, the "sales" aren't nearly what they used to be. But also keep in mind, everyone has different definitions of a sale, and each sailing and itinerary is unique. 

The sale is really the base price most of the time, they just camouflage it so that it looks like a great deal and people come running to buy it.

True sales have become increasingly rare, 6-7 years ago it was not uncommon for me to buy/rebuy the package 4-5 times and even reprice the cruise a couple of times, haven't done either one in a while.

Black Friday sale last year was the best I've seen. I booked all our internet and beverage packages, plus some dinning for 5 cruises through early Nov this year. Cost quite a bit all at once, but saved quite a bit. I keep checking CP on a regular basis but haven't seen any real deals. I did notice that our TA this fall the DBP dropped to $56, but since I've become Diamond I don't get it any longer. Will be Diamond+ by then and since my wife doesn't drink I could get 10 a day. On my recent cruise 8 a day was more than enough, although I'd grab a couple cans to use up the vouchers and enjoy on the balcony later. I'll be looking at this years Black Friday sale to purchase for the 4 cruises we have in 2024.

1 hour ago, KevinJ said:

Black Friday sale last year was the best I've seen. I booked all our internet and beverage packages, plus some dinning for 5 cruises through early Nov this year. Cost quite a bit all at once, but saved quite a bit. I keep checking CP on a regular basis but haven't seen any real deals. I did notice that our TA this fall the DBP dropped to $56, but since I've become Diamond I don't get it any longer. Will be Diamond+ by then and since my wife doesn't drink I could get 10 a day. On my recent cruise 8 a day was more than enough, although I'd grab a couple cans to use up the vouchers and enjoy on the balcony later. I'll be looking at this years Black Friday sale to purchase for the 4 cruises we have in 2024.

We are Diamond+ and unless it's a fantastic sale, we don't buy the package anymore.  Even if we buy a few drinks on top of our five...It's still cheaper than purchasing the booze package.  We do miss the slamming hour in the Diamond lounge though...Lol

What RCL calls a sale has nothing to do with what you paid for it.  It’s supposedly a number based on their retail cost.  I still haven’t figured it out.  Bought mine a few months ago at buy one get one 50% off and paid $59.99.  Just today, the very same sale is going on, buy one get one 50% off, and the cost is $66.99.  I keep checking but doubt I see it any lower than I already have.

CEO Jason Liberty implied on the recent earnings call that cruising is currently too cheap, and prices will only go up. He’s VERY focused on profit,  “closing the value gap between cruises and land based vacations.”

Unfortunately for all of us that probably means more cutbacks are being debated in the company boardroom. Also, repricing anything lower like drink packages or cruise-fare, and finding attractive prices overall is going to be a rare occurrence going forward IMO. 

You also have to be careful with the prices and the wording.  I once purchased a refreshment package for X dollars. Then I saw it was on sale for 30%.  So I canceled my package and rebooked.  What I did not realize was the price had gone up.  So the 30% brought the price back to my original price. 

I was got tricked into rebooking because I thought I saw a lower price.  My problem was I had forgotten to include the automatic tip - which does not appear until the final screen.  

So now I am VERY careful. 

I was just suspicious, because in four years of cruising I have only ever seen the exact price we already paid, with the option to "reserve again".  Never lower, never higher.  So it seemed like the CP was only reporting what I already purchased and I just started feeling like I wasn't checking the right place for "current" prices.